Why does a platoon have 4 squads in CM?

I looked up unit composition for the US marines and I found out that there are 3 squads in each platoon. Why is that not the case in CM?

Delta squad is death within five minutes so it doesn’t count.

11 Likes

fair enough

1 Like

cus we are SPACE marines thats your answer thread closed

2 Likes

1st platoon wasn’t completely wiped out, their remnants were merged into 2nd platoon (that’s us).

2 Likes

Because noone wants a Bravoid in their squad, so they created the 4th squad for this special kind of people, duh

1 Like

Because colonial marines can’t count

2 Likes

I would argue they can count better, since they can count to four

2 Likes

Dont make me tap the sign…

Also you could argue were no longer a platoon since on high pop were huge so were effectively 1 company aka 2nd company not 1st cause 1st was wiped when tackle happened and reserve marines were merged into 2nd company the rest of 1st was put into cryo pending transfer out of the unit to get resupplied. Until there woken up. By us. Cause we have problem aka Xenos.

Screenshot 2024-04-20 3.29.57 PM

2 Likes

cause its a game :3

2 Likes

Two apcs? man i wish that was true.

1 Like

Me too

1 Like

I have no idea but we have extra ones like foxtrot and echo but yeah game its game

1 Like

Tech manual Battalion event when @BlackDragon

1 Like

that’s (kinda) PvE

1 Like

We need this in CM.

A new gamemode now hear me out. Techmanual accurate platoons, Infinite Drone Respawn, and base xeno morph types. No MDs Larger maps like CORSAT and encouragement to split up Marines like the movies for fun futile escape moments.

1 Like

But the techmanual squads have MDs…

1 Like

Been done before actually. I forget who but the most difficult part of it is aligning up the slots right. This effectively triples the leadership slots though which getting enough SLs is problem enough as is, lmao.

1 Like

/Thread

1 Like

It was? Damn. Sad times…

Squad leaders can simply be renamed platoon Sergeants Section leaders are just FTLs with extra things like orders

1 Like