Why is the stun after being regurgitated so long?

If I am attacking the xeno with my machete while inside it, presumably I would be ready to jump out. Why then, when I am regurgitated am I stunned for so long?

2 Likes

because you already got captured, you’ve lost and the only way you escape is if the xeno messes up. You made the mistake being captured in the first place and shouldn’t have a way to get out without having the xeno player mess up themselves or gets extremely unlucky (scout decloak, entire squad showing up between the xeno and the hive, etc).

2 Likes

Then why have automatic regurgitation at all if the marine is supposed to not have a chance?

Automatic regurgitation doesn’t stun the marine, only manual does (I found out the hard way).

Automatic regurgitation is [presumably] to prevent you from infinite carrying a marine if they drop their bootknife/non-magharn’d weapon.

2 Likes

The ACTUAL reason, as opposed to the justification you’re making up on the spot here,

Is because people would get spat out and instantly buckshot themselves, buckshot the xeno that spit them out, set off a grenade in their hand, or inject themselves with enough drugs to die. A lot of xeno players couldn’t handle it.

The skilled approach to dealing with this was to make sure you spat someone out on top of an egg so they got instantly facehugged, or spitting someone out next to a warrior or sentinel so they could instastun and make fighting back outright impossible for the marine.

But it was decided that simply wasn’t fair for the majority of players to deal with, so the prior state of affairs was changed to the 3-5 second stun it is today, largely as part of the nesting changes which also happened around the same time, and eventually also included nerfs to damage while swallowed to help prevent low health xenos dying while transporting people.

Were they correct decisions?

Personally I think things went a little too far and made it too handholdy for xenos - from little counterplay for the xeno player to no counterplay for the marine player - but getting instant buckshot stunned or having the cap killing themselves with you hardly having a way to do anything about it DID need fixing, just imo not the fixing we actually wound up with.

5 Likes

getting put into the position where you are devoured means you already lost, either bad positioning or something not on your own part, ie some baldo, or the frontline breaking at a bad time. Either way caps are not very easy outside of the queen getting you, without a queen getting caps on marines that are not solo is basically impossible, good players can and will punish you for even trying so getting in damage and going for the kill is generally favored.

Point being if you are devoured, you lost, bad positioning, choices or just bad luck got you capped, the breakout sequence is just there as flavor really, you get a low af chance to escape, and puts preasure in a place where you have very little power. Logically if you could swing around a machete inside of a runner a shotgun would have space to fire as well.

1 Like

Its because marines would PB xenos with shotguns and you know runners get 1 Shot killed from buckshots therefore theres a stun. But why its so long I don’t know.

Bugs need their hands held after the 60s vore timer, even though they could just tackle spam drag you across the map. Neither is fun at least from the rine POV

6 Likes

simple solution, revert the regurg stun, but a marine is coated with slime that makes it difficult for themselves, or other xenos to harm them with bullets/blades/etc. Basically give them a huge dodge chance to lethal damage for a little while to make suicide really difficult, but capping is still possible, and self defense also possible by the marine. Bug acid will neutralize this slime over a short period of time, so a griefer can’t drop a hard to kill time bomb in friendly lines, as soon as the marine does any damage it can be damaged easily again.

or let the marine try to get stuck and break it’s neck bones from inside its esophagus

Personally I’d just move away from capture based game play, being capped is unfun for the person being capped, and its often frustrating or boring for the xenos

5 Likes

literally just ghost if you get capped this is no different from just getting fragged in the first place

Or you know, play xeno since you get a free spot

1 Like

Oh. That explains why some people I’ve seen just get spat out and instantly start morbing everything in sight. I was wondering why tf they didn’t suffer the delay. I thought it was some kind of secret robust metaknowledge, now I know it’s just the xeno having a brainfart… :frowning: