A… cannon? This biological artillery piece is crude, but effective enough. It uses specialized sinews and muscle to launch shells filled with acid, bone shrapnel, or corrosive gases. Drones are useful for operating this weapon, as the ammunition must be manually cycled. Ammunition is not produced here.
This weapon is mobile, but must be deployed on hive weeds to operate, and cannot be under a ceiling capable of withstanding a mortar strike, including Hive Cores and Caves. Once deployed, it fires semi-inaccurate shells with significant warning time and an audible whistling to all near and within the impact area. Only one can be active at a time, and production time is significant. Additionally, it is somewhat fragile and fairly slow, making it vulnerable to prompt counterbattery.
Acid Splash ammunition is essentially a large acid scatter that will savage anyone within a 3x3 of it, but falloff rapidly beyond that. If hit directly, death is near guaranteed.
Bone Shrapnel ammunition is just shrapnel hell. Deals Bullet damage. Will probably break at least one or two bones on a direct hit.
Corrosive Gas ammunition is uh… self explanatory.
A pod filled with primordial gelatin to extrude advanced hive devices. Absolutely essential for manufacturing advanced objects such as Onager ammunition and bonespitters. It can only operate while the Queen is on ovipositor.
Helpful shielding from mortar fire over an area with a thick layer of armor-chitin and flesh.
Less effective against airstrikes; some rockets will be defeated, others will punch through, burn through, or collapse the damn thing entirely.
Hive Canopies take time to deploy, and must be built on hive nodes. Doing so converts the weed node. Once built, the protection offered draws from an internal health pool, as well as a plasma pool to repair it. Plasma is used to automatically repair the roof, but must be manually topped up.
Additionally, the canopy is two parts; Canopy & Stalk. The Canopy and Stalk take damage separately, but the stalk is far more vulnerable and will destroy both canopy and stalk when destroyed. However, if the Stalk is not destroyed, the Canopy regenerates.
- LAS/MRKT: Not effective. Minimal if any damage.
- GAU: Moderately effective. Gatling gun does not penetrate but will deal lots of damage to the canopy, breaking it with two guns focusing on one Canopy and damaging the Stalk underneath.
- Widowmaker deals heavy damage to a Canopy.
- Keeper penetrates but has more falloff.
- Banshee deals severe DoT and inhibits repairs, as well as providing light to the area under the canopy.
- Thermobaric destroys the Canopy and deals mild fire damage to anyone below.
- Napalm will destroy the canopy over a short duration and then fall down to light the area below on fire. * Harpoon ignores the canopy.