XQ - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Application - XQ

What is your BYOND key?

XQ

What is your Discord ID?

axueality (435292386453880844)

Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?

Marine: Katerina Rose | Xeno: WHY, XQ

What whitelist applications have you previously completed?

I have submitted a predator whitelist application and have been accepted.

Synthetic Info:

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play:

Kate

What is your Synthetic’s Personality?

Extremely engineering oriented: Kate is an exceptional engineer. She is an expert when it comes to power and telecommunications operations due to the nature of her background. However, she was also programmed to conduct duties outside of engineering such as medical and search and rescue.

How will they react to the different ranks of the USCM, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation? What are their interests? What is an advertisement logline that could be written for them?

While Kate is not accustomed to USCM ranking systems, she will still show a large degree of respect to those that have a more advanced skillset. Kate’s interests are largely engineering-based due to her background. She will be very interested in technical discussions. However, outside of her work, she is a friendly, straightforward synthetic - largely resembling a human.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?

I sincerely believe that I am a great match! I have many hours on pretty much every significant role and know how to do everything. I believe I’d be a great contribution in general to the game.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?

I always have memorable interactions as a matter of fact. I love talking to synths when they are around, though it is quite difficult to get into a long conversation with them due to the nature of how busy they usually are. However, I really love having small talk with synths and believe that they are one of the best roleplayers.
One of my most memorable moments is a synthetic that I talked to for quite a while in the dropship, and I loved that roleplay. Later in the round, I had a large quantity of broken bones and later had to have surgery with the synth. The conversation continued from there and the synth actually remembered me! The surgery was actually fun contrary to the usual surgeries where there is very little talk.

Synthetic Character Story:

Skills:

Engineering:

Very familiar, have multiple hours as a CE and quite a few with other engineering roles.

Command:

Very familar too, I have a lot of hours as an XO and a little bit of SO hours on top. I also played CE when it was an officer role.

Medical:

Quite familiar, played medic for a while and also doctor’d for long enough to understand how to quickly operate.

Requisitions:

Also familiar, I have a few hours with cargo roles.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.

It is hijack, I am cornered in one of the ERT docking ports and there are xenos rushing in. There are marines alongside me that are severely injured and are collapsing every now and then.

Final Info:

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?

As an admin… Not really!

Are you currently banned from our Discord?

Also nope!

Let us know why you were discord banned.

I was not.

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?

I have a lot of hours as WJ so that should give a sense of the fact that I can handle one part of the synthetic whitelist atleast.

Now I will be confused which synth is Kate and which is Katie

2 Likes

So, for your character - I believe I’ve seen you around as xenomorph and marine, and I’ve seen you roleplay before on your marine character, although unfortunately I can’t really provide any information about your support skills. However, your personality - and, the story that goes around it - is not something I would really say shows what you to RP or what you can RP, but rather what you want to do while playing (primarily engineering tasks, one can assume.)

This doesn’t really tell me what they’re going to talk about - it just tells me what they’re capable of doing. Every synthetic is expected to be experienced in every supportive role that you will undertake, which includes construction/engineering, medical, et cetera. This also extends into your story which does not feature any lines of dialogue from your synthetic character, and instead only showcases other people talking about them - and their ability to do support tasks effectively.

You can expand this into a personality - for instance, primarily Engineering focused so they compare the body to a mechanical device, or they talk about engineering concepts all the time - and I did so myself, alongside some other synthetics, but the way it’s presented now it’s not bordering close to it nor is there any evidence of that shown in the story.

I have personally read your predator application and story and I know you can write well to demonstrate the kind of character you want, and to make a personality that you’d enjoy, and I think you would be able to make a good synthetic if given the chance, but right now the application really isn’t. I would suggest you withdraw and collaborate with the council on making a new application, which I hope you will eventually choose to submit.

-1 for now, though.

1 Like

Please use WL app help in discord if you plan to apply again, essentially every possible field on this application needs major improvement and the channel’s entire purpose is to put you in touch with the resources to do so and would likely serve you better than simply posting a wall of text here which may not be fully understood, though you’re free to ask for one.

1 Like

Right, withdrawing.

1 Like

Added synth:denied and removed synth:waiting