Warfan1815, N/A (Provost Inspector)
Behavior involving Misconduct
Enforcement of the rules
- Whenever a player receives a punishment they should know why and what they are being punished for.
- Ensure that all incidents are adequately investigated before giving a ruling.
- If you’re unsure if the situation you’re investigating is a rule break, please consult higher level staff online, or ask for clarification from a manager/head in staff discord. If its a situation that requires immediate intervention, a good-faith judgement call is acceptable, as rule clarifications can always be done after from management.
Remain Professional, no matter what happens
- Constantly stay cool. Regardless of what a player says to you do not act unprofessional and get angry with them.
This also applies to the forums/Discord. Retain some level of professionalism when posting in player reports or ban appeals.
→ I feel like this is violated because of the fact he literally is encouraging people to report me, even thought he was fully capable of handling it himself.
This is the second time Warfan1815 has sanctioned me without investigating or asking me any questions via IC means. Or investigating using logs, tickets/ahelps, or investigating my side at all.
Whenever a player receives a punishment they should know why and what they are being punished for.
→ I was arrested on grounds of FtFP and NoD by order of him. Neither him via ahelps, nor the investigator asked me any questions pertaining to the situation. I repeatedly asked but the only thing that was mentioned was a ‘botched appeal’. I had to go back and forth in ahelps repeatedly trying to figure out what I did to cause my arrest warrant. I just got told “I was under investigation” (along those lines), and eventually it came to a ‘botched appeal’.
Ensure that all incidents are adequately investigated before giving a ruling.
→ Nothing was ever investigated on my part. My arrest was carried out before logs were even looked into I believe. At no point was I ever asked any questions or given the chance to defend myself before I started getting hit with sanctions. If I didn’t act out in ahelps and intentionally throw information at Warfan, I have no doubt I would’ve cought OOC sanctions for something I never did.
If you’re unsure if the situation you’re investigating is a rule break, please consult higher level staff online, or ask for clarification from a manager/head in staff discord. If its a situation that requires immediate intervention, a good-faith judgement call is acceptable, as rule clarifications can always be done after from management.
→ I wasn’t even spoken to. I don’t know how a judgement call could’ve been made.
I will start from the beginning:
- Delta specialist was arrested for throwing an MT into a wall, punching them, assaulting them in general, insulting me, and then evading arrest: Mensla - Player Report: Laurencia Beck, Rule 3. Community Expectations, Rule 11. Marine Law
- Delta specialist informed MP Rico that he wanted to appeal.
- MP Rico supposedly told the Commander (the XO at the time) that an appeal was needed. By Rico’s testimony (an MP, which cannot lie under IC oath and OOC rules), told me the XO delegated the appeal to a staff officer.
- The staff officer failed to show or attend, and as such had an arrest for NoD carried out.
- I handled the appeal of the SO. I denied it based off the testimony I later got from the MP (Rico). I informed the SO, that, if the MP was lying, there was nothing I could personally do about it, and to appeal to the Provost office.
- I gave the pen and paper to the SO, to write the fax to Provost, and I never received a fax to send (personally).
- Later in the round, Provost arrives on the ship to detain the XO.
- Nearing round-end, I am detained on FtFP and NoD charges based on the appeal I denied due to the MP’s testimony.
- I fax an appeal, ask for the ckey of the provost inspector’s (never to receive it, just warfan telling me they jointly authorized my arrest).
- I am informed I am being investigated for ‘several rule breaks’ (never to be told what they are).
- I spend the rest of my time in a cell until hijack happens and I am forced to flee.
- Later on I am told I was going to cause repeated breaches of the law for illegal charges. This in question was the CE who was practically naked in her cell, who the provost inspector stacked charges on for being naked. I had no say in this except that I said I thought she took her clothes off.
- Warfan decided to go into #LRC in Discord, alongside the player report (Mensla - Player Report: Laurencia Beck, Rule 3. Community Expectations, Rule 11. Marine Law) and ask for people to PR me. I feel like this is completely unprofessional and is a way to may me take a hit without him having to touch me.
I have a full round recording and will be reviewing important moments tomorrow and uploading it to YouTube for viewing.