allow a little more leniency with use of admin powers outside of events.

sometimes CM gets a bit repetitive. it is very easy for rounds to become boring and slow. other times rounds can become completely chaotic and confusing.

now chaotic rounds can be fun once in a while but along with normal rounds they are quickly tiring, and to mitigate this they were limited to events.

I totally agree with limiting the use of admin powers to events, but I think the degree of this is way more than it should be.

where is the fun of CM if you always know what is going to happen at any given moment? with cookie cutter like rounds becoming the norm 90 precent of the time rounds are the same.

all I am asking is to allow admins more room to breathe, let them spice rounds up a bit, add obstacles or even mini events!

7 Likes

if you elaborated on what you mean by use of admin powers, mini events, obstacles, and spicing up rounds that would be very helpful

3 Likes

sure,

what I meant was changinga rounds up a bit in a way that is new and interesting.

some examples could be:

An impassible roadblock in the middle of a road forcing the marines to find a new path instead.

A lone CLF operative hijacking onto the almayer tasked with stealing valuable marine assets (or any other objective you can think of!)

An exclusive weapon being available to the ASRS for a high price.

the captain of the almayer being given a pet forsaken xenomorph as a reward for his exceptional work.

Marines being given a second order to defend a server as it uploads important intel to the cloud.

or even on rare occasions (I mean once every month or two) allow specific non WL members of our community to play a whitelisted role for a round,

this could be an excellent way to get feedback or commendations for WL applications.

I’m just throwing shit at a wall here so don’t take any of these suggestions seriously.

TG’s style of moderation accomplishes this very well by encouraging admins to do this every now and then. and I think CM would benefit to take a couple notes from them.

6 Likes

“Messing with map lanes for no reason”

Forsaken are the hostile ones that spawn groundside after hijack, you’re probably thinking of greenos.

The internet no longer exists, terrorists blew it up.

“Or even once every two months, give their metabuddy a WL for the round.”

6 Likes

Disagree. I think if they want to spice things up, they should allow for more proper event rounds (announced in the pregame lobby) and relax on the auth needed for those events. Allowing for more unannounced “mini events” in the middle of a normal round is not the way to go, it will end up with more people raging and more staff reports like the one at Vicacrov - Staff Report: Violation of Event Protocols - Biolock - because a lot of people do want to play normal, un-tampered-with, rounds. There is nothing wrong with spicy admin rounds, but they should be announced in the pregame lobby to allow people to opt-out if they want to.

5 Likes

I’m advocating for an increased leniency for admins who want to insert a bit of change into rounds.

if you read the reply fully you would know those ideas weren’t serious, they were thrown together in a couple of minutes and written down with the intent of giving the reader a better idea of what I was talking about and what was possible.

your input on the ideas above is completely unrelated and also unhelpful.

1 Like

Events are pretty easy to get approved (so long as they’re not terribly goofy). I think a lot of staff members, including myself, are just too busy at the moment to run events. I have only seen a handful of event requests ever be rejected, and most are accepted within a few hours now (sometimes even faster).

3 Likes

Even the smallest attempts to spice up a round are typically screamed about as being unfair for one side or the other. Happens every time.

5 Likes

Yeah that’s the other thing. A considerable proportion of the community is pretty hostile to events of any kind.

4 Likes

I was thinking of things small enough to change the round a bit but not affect it majorly in any way. also I think the ship side roles would enjoy a few random things happening, ARES is a great tool and is intended for this purpose.

1 Like

If you feel that CM is repetitive for you, I suggest playing another game for a change. Most people who are playing the game trying to enjoy the game, and events do no good to them.

4 Likes

It’s very hard to create an event that is interesting for all involved. All admins & maintainers have carte blanche to run minor events if they want to.

4 Likes

While I have some things to add to the conversation (namely how now matter what you do, someone will complain (and or staff report you!) and how that plays into events)…

OP has asked for this topic to be locked and I will honor that for them.

1 Like