Any CargoTech mains can comment on this pull request?

The PR literally doubled the ammo req has, if this is somehow a problem you can make a PR to double it again.

1 Like

Normally req has 3-4 mk2 mags boxes, doubling that gives… 8 boxes? How long can 8 boxes supply 60+ marines may I ask?

PR author here, something along the lines of what you have here is the long term solution. This PR was just a hotfix to prevent Prep being void of ammo. Long term, Req is in dire need of rework and more engaging logistical gameplay loop. It will warrant it own post, but to summarize ammo stores on the ship should be near infinite, the hard part should be getting the ammo to the proper frontline. Tying in the Alamo more would give something important for the Dropship Pilot to do too. I am open to further suggestions regarding this.

3 Likes

Req now has 100 (unscaled) MK2 mags in vendors, the box counts seem untouched, but I’d say 100 mags is enough to last a fair bit of time considering it’s all going to FOB and not directly into guns.

Since you’re going for that point, 100 mags/ let’s say 40 since not all going mk2 gives 2 mags per mk2.
2nd point I didn’t mention about this PR is it turns req into solo req since CTs get bored of idling around or deploying without any clear objective, or turns req into BM centric gameplay since nothing better to do.

1 Like

Iirc the reason why we have low soft point/small arms ammo is due from lore reason being that the mission prior to the game round the ship suffered great damage and lost a large part of its supplies in general and was forced to expand a large amount of what remained to fix the ship to working order.

I get playing as req crew having to run into the prep rooms to make ammo boxes a pain, so I like what @Zonespace said about atleast moving more mags to from prep to req so req staff dont have to be atleast absent from req, something which is issue when you only have one person in req.

1 Like

True. I dont like the pr at all(I understand why some stuff like that is needed but that alone wont do squat. Please increase prep ammo as well if anything), but CTs job really need some love.

The REQ tent is already a really great step in that direction to make REQ more present during rounds, and it makes REQ always much more efficent each round if its properly manned. And its dumb fun to do.
But some transport vehicel would be fun af.

If you want suggestions i have one for a vehicle i have been sitting on for a while.
I wanted to write it here, but fuck it. I dont want to fill the comments so I made a nice design dokument for it.

might make req holds too good, of course you could remove the infinite ammo after hijack, but you can easily vend a ton of ammo before hijack but after you learn they’re coming anyways.

Also, just bribe MTs to hack the doors lul

This is true, but the main thing this has to do with our ammo is why we don’t have HEAP (it exploded), our backup FMJ ammo isn’t stated anywhere as being particularly damaged, nor do I think marines are ever supposed to run out of ammo.

1 Like

Hotfixes have a tendency to be permanent solutions

5 Likes

waiter waiter, another support nerf!

2 Likes

This is true. Any PR should never be seen as a “hotfix” unless it is testmerge only.

Otherwise, any PR that makes a change should be assumed that the PR will be the permanent state of affairs and not a temporary one.

4 Likes

“functionally infinite” - how I know you haven’t req tech/maint teched in 2+ hour rounds

Req Vehicles are never gonna be added unless Supply drops were removed, think about which one you would rather use

• a fast moving truck you need to manually load up with stuff, then drive onto alamo, then drop off stuff in FOB, then drive to the front and deliver stuff before driving back on alamo to drive to req and repeat the entire thing again

OR

• Literally just put some ammo in a box and drop it ANYWHERE on the map as needed.

Imma be honest with you. I rather have a fast moving truck.
A lot rounds you need to yell at people for 20 minutes to get just the FOB cords. Half the time they are wrong cords.
And consident front drops happen rarley. Most rounds they arent used at all. Because nobody bothers.
Just ask the CAS and Mortar mains how often they have rounds where they get zero targets.

On paper, front drops are better.
In practise, you can get a more consident supply to the front if you where to drag the creat from the FOB to Front by foot.

The idea behind a REQ vehicel is to allowe REQ some independence in orginasation of the supply routes.
With a vehicel, they do not need people outside their department to work with them to ensure a proper flow of supplys back and forth.

3 Likes

As a person who has mastered CT recently, I will say that buffing req ammo vendors 2x might not be enough, maybe 3-4x for regular ammo would be great.

I have had a round that I sent like 40 boxes of loose and mags ammo boxes and it still was not enough. I also did buy regular and AP ammo boxes that round as well.

Keep on pumping.

1 Like

truck driver role delivering supplies from req to the frontline pleaseeee :pray:

2 Likes

In terms of what’s better for the game, the truck is what you want, as it provides more gameplay opportunities, instead of just laze spot, airdrop crate.

Once you have to actually think about safe passage to the frontline, defending your guys moving stuff, providing an opportunity for interdiction, etc. you get interesting and engaging and emergent results.

The airdrops outside fob aren’t good.

It’ll be more tedious to move stuff to the frontline with the truck/whatever, but it’s offset by the engaging mechanics it introduces.

2 Likes

This seems like the right choice, because it’s standard ammo and not AP/EXT mags. There should be infinite access to it in req. there’s already nigh infinite ammo if you go to the firing range, but loading boxes is mind numbingly boring, slow, and tedious to top it off.

Only thing that might affect balance with this is req being able to pull off more frontline drops with more frequency. As from my experience in req is that you just run out of boxes past a certain point in the round, and with the marines getting more frontline drops to re-supply they might become less sparing with their ammo. Leading to a more aggressive approach at times. Which ultimately seems to be a good thing really.

1 Like