Chrismmar - Player Report: Nina 'Salt' Steiner, micheal 'ponyboy' calhoun , Rule 11, and whitelist breach.

Chrismmar - Player Report: Nina ‘Salt’ Steiner, micheal ‘ponyboy’ calhoun , Rule 11, and whitelist breach.

What’s your BYOND key?

Chrismmar

Round ID:

Your character name:

Chris ‘Skullface’ Mann

Accused BYOND key:

LoveShacker, and harrysno

Accused character name:

Nina ‘Salt’ Steiner, micheal ‘ponyboy’ calhoun

What rule(s) were broken?:

Rule 11, and whitelist breach.

Description of the incident:

I was an MP during this round, I heard an incident happening in req line so I ran over, I see the alpha SL getting removed from the line for something he did,(can’t remember for the life of me). So in the end, the alpha SL is getting shoved and either he tried shooting the CMP, or his gun went off, I couldn’t tell because of all the shoving, regardless, the CMP decided to throw multiple flashbangs at the alpha SL and the marines as a whole.

Now, this wasn’t a riot as there was only one rowdy marine, and the others were helping the CMP, and it wasn’t a code blue. So this was an illegal usage of the flashbangs, I then speak over comms about the CMP comiting FTFP and illegally flashbanging the crew during green alert, they respond by attempting to silence me over comms stating I was spreading false information.

When I refused to listen to their orders to stop pointing out their crimes they had me arrested for insubordination, FTFP and NOD. this is clear provocation and not having knowledge on SOP. I wrote a fax about it and it was ignored, as well as the CO not knowing how SOP went, (but that’s an issue for another report.)

As for the report against the major, they failed to have the knowledge about SOP via this incident, they claimed in their own words “flashbangs are a tool available to MPs at all times, riot gear includes tear gas and rubber rounds” this is a clear lack of knowledge when it comes to ML and SOP procedures during my appeal.

Evidence:

Code Blue - All crew are authorized pistols. Military Police may carry any lethal weapons to subdue non-human threats. Military Police may use non-lethal riot gear to subdue Marines during a Mutiny or large gatherings of insubordinate personnel. Flashbangs are considered a Riot tool.

video proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NtM9EGuxb8

5 Likes

precedent regarding use of flashbangs, flashbangs are riot gear. I was present for these shenanigans and im frankly just flat-out disappointed in the CMP.

1 Like

I fail to see how the CMP getting a gun pulled on them in the req line, a large gathering of personnel that would jump at the opportunity to troll the CMP, is innapropriate.

I explained to you that Tear Gas and Rubber Bullets are specifically referred to as riot gear and that Flashbangs are not restricted solely to riots. I hadn’t even given a verdict on your appeal (which I was leaning towards accepting!!!) before you declared me to leave so you could fax the Provost.

I don’t see how this is even remotely a whitelist issue, nor do I see how it’s an issue that wasn’t blown wildly out of proportion in the first place.

also may not use riot tools (flashbangs) to deal with a singular unruly marine.

It wasn’t one marine. It was an entire req line where disarms were being thrown and I was just shot at. I needed the path to extract the SL clear, and for no one to interfere. I could have retreated and marked the SL, but he was being disarm hit, as was I.

I used a flashbang to completely neutralize the fighting spiraling, grabbed the SL, and got out. The round went on smoothly, and I didn’t have to mark 40 people for assault.

As this was handled by an admin in game, this report is denied.

Added report:denied and removed report:pendinglogs