Community transparency.

In light of recent events (and events of the past), it’s more than clear that there’s zero transparency and communication between management/staff and the greater community.

With the former being able to make sweeping changes for the latter with little or no input from the community.

I find it quite startling and arrogant that 3 people can tell a few hundred how they should conduct themselves especially when said few hundred are not behaving outrageously.

In the future going forward I’d like to suggest the community as a whole be allowed input on decisions that affect it as a whole and these things not remain in secret backroom meetings and spontaneously appear out of nowhere to everyone’s shock.

I cannot see any valid arguments against this so I don’t see why it shouldn’t be so.

14 Likes

CM? Democracy? don’t make me laugh.

16 Likes

I cannot see any valid arguments against this so I don’t see why it shouldn’t be so.

They used to say CM is not a democracy.

11 Likes

Good luck with that, but either way management needs to make an effort to interact with people. They’re so far removed from the average player that they’ve created and us versus them mentality which is extremely unhealthy. It’s very easy to hate the idea of a person, it’s far more difficult to actually hate the person. The community would be far closer and healthy if the people in charge regularly interacted with it.

12 Likes

*They still say CM is not a democracy

9 Likes

Managed democracy is failing.

5 Likes

Honestly the person who needs to make more of an effort interacting with the community currently is frozentsbgg. In the policy post where most people were acting civil enough voicing their opinion, they acted pretty poorly. The community clearly care about the game, if they didn’t they wouldn’t post on the forums trying to get improvements made. Instead of listening to these people, they decided the best course of action was to treat us all like morons who’s opinions don’t matter.

This is one of two interactions I’ve had with the guy in the 3ish years I’ve spent on CM. That leaves a pretty poor impression in my mind.

5 Likes

Why do you mention this when a slur is banned and not the complete refusal of the moderation team to list rule clarifications, so you have to ask every staff members opinion on something that isn’t listed and hope this clarification is communicated on the private discord, before someone else connects and you forget to ask them too.

9 Likes

I mean our opinion doesn’t matter, and the mask just slipped for a while. It’ll probably continue to do so because I reckon that Frozen is pretty burnt out of CM and has been for the better part of 3 or 4 years and keeping the charade up can be pretty taxing.

6 Likes

I have bigger issues with the staff than them banning deltard and r*tard.

I just only started using the forum after I got banned from the discord. I’ve bitched about lack of clarifications from moderation before on the discord.

2 Likes

I want this to happen but unfortunately it won’t.

3 Likes

Staff are not the issue. Staff weren’t even told of this nonsense before it went live, but are expected to enforce it nonetheless. Management doesn’t give a single damn about their subordinates lol.

The issue is with Management and the Hosts alone. They’re the ones debating this type of stuff. Don’t bark and bite at mods and admins over this. Totally unwarranted (at base anyway).

6 Likes

Very true.

1 Like

I’m aware staff weren’t made aware of this issue in particular.

I have an issue with the Management and Staff both with the recent deltard thing and events prior. A lot of the staff are power trippy and Management have closed private debates with themselves.

They both suck. Management just suck with the deltard and r*tard thing.

I still can’t believe that upper management pretty much said leave to like 3/4 of the community lmfao and you bozos are still going to hop on and play because they backpeddled on the whole thing. This will just repeat itself in a few months, I will tell you so when it does.

7 Likes

I would already be gone if there was another CM with the same community, but there isn’t, so I stay here.

3 Likes

No one was going to leave if deltard actually became banned.
People obviously don’t want it to be a thing and are willing to spend 5 minutes typing up furious posts on the forum about it, but the people on the forum are typically CM regulars and won’t give up their favourite 2d spaceman server just because they can’t say the funny word anymore.

Fact of the matter is, half the rant posts were people blowing off steam against management rather than actually discussing the deltard ban itself.

If people didn’t leave when Apophis massacred marines in game for killing his self insert predator then and Feweh being Feweh, I’m sure they they don’t care enough to leave because of word bans, even if we entertained the slippery slope and all swear words vanished.

3 Likes

Untrue, I was willing to throw down if need be.

3 Likes

That guy will be back tomorrow, but anyways

5 Likes

I put my money where my mouth is.