Comprehensive Corpsman Guide

Fashion is for every Marine to discover on their own, and being fashionable is half the game. My thought process is that a newer player may want to make it harder for them to be discerned as a Medic from the Xenos point of view (even if a veteran Xeno can quickly tell who someone is anyway).

‘Backpack’ - I find the big backpack a bit too cumbersome but you are right that you can technically open it up without taking it off your back. I’ll make a note of it. The SADAR/Sniper packs are worth mentioning so I’ll toss a mention of it.
‘Doubleteam’ - I do kinda make a mention regarding how you can help for double-teaming. I should change the emphasis that you should never double-team by giving a patient medications, but only applying kits/splints/sutures. Good point
‘Medevac’ - Fair point, I’ll expand that section
‘Revive Order’ - I do make a mention that you should prioritise someone who is about to be rendered unrevivable, I might reword it to emphasize that. tho.

Thanks for the feedback.

2 Likes

I often take a JTAC key so I can gauge quickly whether medevac is running at the moment for hugged patients. 3 points but it’s worth the investment rather than leaving an individual in a medevac stretcher for god knows how long by themselves.

Overall a very thorough guide!

Yes, fair point, I’ll make a note of it when I do an update.

1 Like

Thank you for such a great guide. I didn’t think about disguising myself until I read this. Keep up the amazing work.

1 Like

Cleaned up the page thanks to some new knowledge, I’m going to start adding in some suggested knowledge as other posters have given.

arguably if you stop at req as Corpsman it’s free there and seems to only run out of keys if you’re latespawn

1 Like

That is true, though it’s nice to quickly grab it so you don’t have to spend time waiting in req if that’s the only item you require

1 Like

A great guide, but, aren’t IMP backpacks aviable for free at Req?

I believe you are thinking about the IMP Logistics backpacks which hold ammo boxes. The IMP backpacks are ultra-rare backpacks which function as I noted in the guide. I think they used to be given to Corpsmen a long time ago (while I was on break) but nowadays they are either ERT or Synthetic only, though 99% of synths won’t take it since they’ll take their special synth backpack.

2 Likes

Req has a few Ammo Rack IMPs in the armament vendor still.

Yes, those are new items, but they only carry ammo boxes, not really useful for a Corpsman.

Anyway, I’m still updating the guide now and then. Now with more pictures.

I would like to add to the strategy that if you have plenty of bruise/burn kits available it can be time saving to use the number pad to cycle through limbs quickly with number pad “7” or “8-4-4-5-6-6-1-1-3-3”. It can fix up a marine’s entire body in seconds using the number pad. I’m also very sad they removed the ability to splint while the splints are stowed, makes it more important to get to a safe place for patient treatment.

1 Like

I’ve made some minor updates, I’ve also got some thoughts in my head regarding the new storage changes being tested, but I will wait until the storage PR is finished and merged before I post those thoughts in case there are further changes.

1 Like

This is the holy bible for new corpsemen. It gave me everything I needed to save some marines out in the field :saluting_face:

1 Like

I’d love to talk about custom revival chem mixes but I’m afraid of revealing the secrets of the container storage (its the janitors).

1 Like

So you’re the guy who steals the janitorial bucket every time! :laughing:

I only just learned the janitor strategy, though I normally make the bucket from the lathe

So, anything we should end up changing with the recent PR to the medvendors rebalance? Esp. Since one can no longer dupe add. Med supplies. (presuming this PR stays)

Based on my testing the med vendor changes are a supply issue, mechanically nothing has actually changed regarding healing people.

The primary concern of Corpsman now is actually getting sufficient medical supplies for their loadout and sustaining their supplies planeside during a protracted engagement.

As of last I played a day or so ago there is a risk of you running out of supplies at round start if every Corpsman rushes the vendors, but past this point there is a critical threshold where the longer a round goes on the more likely it is that the FOB will exhaust its “limited” medical supplies. "

Its too early for me to write any new additions to the guide regarding this proposed change since more changes are guaranteed to occur, assuming it even gets merged (which seems likely).

My personal recommendation would be to make a trip to the Medical Vendors a priority at round start to ensure you get the supplies you need.

1 Like

backpack medics rise

1 Like