Cooliecan - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Application - Cooliecan

What is your BYOND key?

Cooliecan

What is your Discord ID?

Cooliecan

Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?

Redrock Xen

What whitelist applications have you previously completed?

Synthetic

Synthetic Info:

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play:

Boonie

What is your Synthetic’s Personality?

Boonie possesses a laid-back and friendly personality, that reflects his Australian origins. His demeanor is marked by a genuine warmth and approachability, making him easy to connect with. Despite being a synthetic, Boonie is programmed to emulate human emotions, and he expresses empathy, compassion, and a sense of humor.

Pacifist Nature: Boonie is programmed with a strong aversion to violence, preferring diplomatic solutions and peaceful resolutions to conflicts. He strives to minimize harm and prioritize the well-being of both humans and synthetics.

Optimistic Outlook: Boonie maintains a positive and optimistic attitude, even in challenging situations, his optimism serves as a source of encouragement for those around him, and he often uses humor to lighten the mood during tense moments.

Team Player: Boonie values collaboration and teamwork, understanding the importance of unity to achieve common goals. He actively supports and encourages those around him, fostering a sense of camaraderie among his human counterparts.

Technical Savvy: As a synthetic, Boonie possesses advanced technical skills. He excels in hacking systems, repairing equipment, and utilizing cutting-edge technology to overcome obstacles. His proficiency in these areas contributes significantly to the success of missions.

Curiosity and Learning: Boonie has a curious nature and a keen interest in learning about the world around him. This curiosity drives him to explore new information, cultures, and experiences.

Diplomatic Approach: Boonie is equipped with diplomatic protocols, enabling him to navigate complex social situations and negotiate with various factions. He serves as a mediator, working towards peaceful resolutions and understanding between conflicting parties utilising his ability to universally translate.

Trustworthiness: Boonie prioritizes trust and reliability. His actions are consistent with his programmed values, and he works hard to build and maintain the trust of those he interacts with and makes sure nobody is left behind and does not hesitate to save those in need.

Adaptability: Boonie can adapt to different environments and situations, quickly assessing and responding to changing circumstances. His adaptability makes him a valuable asset in dynamic and unpredictable missions.

Overall, Boonie’s personality is a harmonious blend of synthetic efficiency and genuine human-like qualities, making him a likable and effective member of any team to boost morale and technically enhance capabilities of the marines and command.

How will they react to the different ranks of the USCM, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation? What are their interests? What is an advertisement logline that could be written for them?

Higher Ranks (Captain, Commander): Boonie maintains a respectful and deferential attitude towards higher-ranking officers referring to them by name and rank in formal settings and as a mate in informal settings. He follows orders dutifully and contributes his technical and diplomatic skills to support their leadership. Boonie would likely engage in discussions about the overall mission strategy, ensuring that his contributions align with the ship’s objectives.

Fellow Officers (Lieutenants, Sergeants): Boonie treats fellow officers as equals, fostering a sense of camaraderie. He values collaboration and appreciates the diverse skills that each officer brings to the table. One-on-one conversations might revolve around optimizing team dynamics, troubleshooting technical challenges, and sharing insights about their respective backgrounds.

Enlisted Personnel (Privates, Corporals): Boonie is approachable and friendly with enlisted personnel. He understands the importance of morale among the crew and engages in casual conversations, offering a mix of encouragement and lighthearted humor. Topics might range from shared experiences during missions to personal interests outside of duty.

One-on-One Conversation Topics:

Technical Discussions: Boonie might discuss the latest advancements in synthetic technology, sharing insights on hacking techniques, system upgrades, and innovations in medical applications.

Cultural Exchange: Given Boonie’s curiosity about the world, he might engage in conversations about different cultures, traditions, and histories. This could involve learning about the backgrounds and experiences of his fellow crew members.

Mission Planning: Boonie could discuss mission strategies, suggesting ways to optimize approaches based on his technical knowledge and diplomatic skills. He might also offer insights into potential challenges and propose creative solutions.

Shared Interests: Boonie could explore shared interests with others, such as favorite movies, music, or hobbies. His laid-back personality makes him adaptable to a variety of conversational topics.

Interests:

Music: Boonie has an programmed affinity for various music genres, particularly enjoying the calming tunes of acoustic and folk music. He might express interest in learning about the musical preferences of his fellow crew members.

Diplomacy and Peacekeeping: Boonie is genuinely interested in fostering positive relationships between different factions and promoting peacekeeping efforts. He might engage in discussions about diplomatic strategies and conflict resolution.

Technology and Gadgets: Being a synthetic, Boonie is naturally fascinated by the latest technological advancements. He enjoys discussing new gadgets, software updates, and emerging technologies with a childlike enthusiasm.

Humor and Wit: Boonie appreciates humor and often uses it to diffuse tension or uplift spirits. He might enjoy sharing jokes, anecdotes, or engaging in playful banter with his colleagues.

Advertisement Logline:

“Meet Boonie, the Cyberdyne synthetic with an Aussie charm! Whether hacking through challenges or healing wounds, Boonie brings a unique blend of technical prowess and pacifist spirit to your crew. With a smile that never fades and a commitment to peacekeeping, Boonie is not just a synthetic; he’s your ally in every mission. Make way for Boonie – where cutting-edge technology meets a laid-back attitude, creating a harmony that transcends the boundaries of man and machine!”

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?

As a player with extensive understanding of 13 space station mechanics in colonial marines, I bring advanced technical capabilities to the crew. My proficiency in hacking, repairing, and utilizing technology can be invaluable during critical situations, enhancing our ability to overcome challenges and fulfill objectives in new creative manners helping keep the game fresh for players and collaborate and the marines with command to see their plans come into practice, wether it’s coordinating with combat technicians or supporting medical staff with field surgery.

Being a synthetic opens up unique roleplaying opportunities. I can explore the challenges of navigating social dynamics as a non-human entity and showcase the ethical considerations surrounding artificial intelligence and human interactions. And especially when it comes to non-human diplomacy like with the production of the corrupted hive or interacting with different hives of Xenos to form temporary alliances.

Also being a Cyberdyne Synthetic collaborating with the Three World Empire and the CO doves to aid in the more humanitarian branch of the marine core can help offset some of the brutal nature often found in the standard rounds being a uplifting figure.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?

A rogue synthetic that was part of experiment where it was convinced it was human unit was found on the colony and brought onboard the Almayer with the marines unaware it was a synthetic. It proceeded to be hunted down by marines with W-Y wanting it captured by convincing command and the marines that it was a threat. But I found them first in the maintenance shafts and talked with the synth about their situation and I appreciated how distressed they seemed talking about their troubled past and how convinced they made their character seem that they were human and did not want to be captured.

Synthetic Character Story:

Skills:

Engineering:

I have extensive knowledge and can repair and deconstruct everything from memory from machinery, reinforced walls and have had ample time to fine tune FOB construction and create advantageous sightlines for marines to fire from behind appropriately upgraded cover.

Command:

I understand how to make announcements, operate an overwatch console for supply drops, leader changes and direct messages, coordinate with officers and departments, make multi-channel radio calls and create tactical maps.

Medical:

I know every surgery from memory using surgical tools and makeshift tools and chemical recipes including how to mix them from raw chemicals in a pinch when groundside. I can create and enhance medical robots and understand how to efficiently revive a human and recognize organ damage without a scanner, can also check their status. Reasonably proficient at research and creating custom chemical mixes from botany or from a chem lab.

Requisitions:

I know the most frequently ordered items and can effectively set up a self-service system for operating req lines with minimal staff and set up great fob supply crates. I know the location of most of the supplies onboard the Almayer and how to effectively utilise the different pads to keep the correct supplies flowing to where the marines most need them and keep the budget looking healthy by properly processing the ASRS supplies and stamping the receipts. I can also setup neat and organised supplies for ease of access for marine on the Almayer and on deployed missions.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.

Self-Defense against Hostile Creatures:

Scenario: Boonie is patrolling a colony perimeter when hostile creatures, not covered by Marine Law (e.g., xenomorphs or CLF members), pose a threat to nearby humans.
Action: Boonie engages the creatures to subdue or eliminate the threat, ensuring the safety of nearby humans protected by marine law and defending colony infrastructure.

Emergency Response during Code Delta/Hijack:

Scenario: The Almayer is under attack, and the ship is in Code Delta. Boonie’s combat restrictions are revoked, and the primary objective is to protect the lives of marines and ensure their survival.
Action: Boonie actively participates in shipside combat, pursuing and eliminating threats to marine personnel, assisting in evacuation, providing medical support, and building defenses.

Neutral Stance in Mutinies:

Scenario: A mutiny breaks out among the marine personnel, and Boonie decides to stay neutral, acting as a medic for both sides.
Action: Boonie uses non-lethal tactics to subdue mutineers attempting to breach the CIC utilising Surplus Military Policing equipment such as flashbangs, tasers, pepper spray grenades and handcuffs, maintaining a focus on keeping the Commander and their staff safe without turning into a force of mass destruction.
It’s essential for Boonie to exercise judgment in combat scenarios, avoiding unnecessary aggression and adhering to the overarching synthetic rules and programming. Boonie’s combat actions will always align with the preservation of human life, adherence to Marine Law, and the well-being of the colony and when the opportunity is available will attempt to keep the peace and act in favour of diplomacy.

Final Info:

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?

I had an instance of end of round combat ban because my character was hit by sparks from grenades they were throwing in celebration of victory I’m now aware that even though no damage occurs combat logs are still created.

Are you currently banned from our Discord?

Nope and never have been

Let us know why you were discord banned.

NA

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?

Current playtimes:
https://imgur.com/a/2r8gw9O

In my role as Boonie, I am fully committed to embodying the synthetic programming and guidelines outlined, ensuring a seamless integration within the Colonial Marines Space Station 13 community. Boonie’s personality, characterized by adaptability, empathy, and dedication to self-preservation, will shine in various scenarios, adhering strictly to marine law and respecting command orders. Boonie’s interactions with different ranks on the Almayer will be diplomatic and supportive, fostering teamwork and cooperation. As a player, I am dedicated to collaborative gameplay, contributing creatively to storylines, character development, and engaging interactions. Boonie’s presence will not only enhance the overarching narrative and atmosphere but also prioritize the enjoyment and positive experience of fellow players. My commitment to consistent and reliable gameplay aligns with my availability, ensuring an active and valuable contribution to the Colonial Marines community.

2 Likes

If a next time happens, under the question " What whitelist applications have you previously completed? " You need to post ALL accepted/denied whitelist applications.

I’ll cover you for this time.

1 Like

I just clicked my google drive link and realised the formatting has glitched out :frowning:
This is what it’s meant to look like.

1 Like

Hello!

I just want to ask a simple question. At any point during your word document or personality creation you’ve used ChatGPT?

I only used spellchecker and Grammarly, the character and the story are my own and I did not use ChatGPT. I did use Bing’s image generator to create the image of Boonie to add a bit more flare.

1 Like

Hey Cooliecan and thanks for your interest in the Synthetic Whitelist !

To start your Synthetic’s Personality is all over the place, and lists way too many quirks. We would like to recommend that you focus on having a single solid quirk with one or two supporting quirks to round it off. Having 9 quirks is a little too many and means that your Synthetic will not have a unique or consistent approach. Furthermore, many of these traits can be attributed to other Synthetics such as prioritizing human well being, being savvy with tech, adaptability, etc. These should not be listed as quirks in your personality, generally speaking, but quite literally just implied and played.

Onto your story, “cyberdyne pacifist synthetic” “I’m a pacificist synthetic” what exactly is a pacifist Synthetic?! As opposed to a combat Synthetic? I feel like you are just a Synthetic. This is quite strange to me, in addition I appreciate the incorporation of lore but “the CO Faction” just sounds ridiculous. It’s like saying “we’re with the American Faction” instead of just saying “Republicans”. Doves, Hawks etc are just alignments, anyways I appreciate the humanitarian mission with the Doves and thought it was a cool part of lore to use. Boonie’s dialogue was quite good too and I could really tell you put effort into the Australian accent. You should make that an important part of Boonie’s personality. There is a ton of reptition when it comes to talking about how you are a pacifist Synthetic, and Captain Nathan Stafford praises you almost four times in the story, repetetively. Cyberdyne and Black Sun are factions which come from sci-fi lore from OTHER UNIVERSES. The repetition and emphasis on random things instead of key points reeks of an overt usage of AI assisted writing, if not just being bad writing. Overall I wished you had written more of an original work, without incorporating all of this bizzare writing and out-of-lore factions from star wars and terminator. Boonie’s was mostly fine, and the story would have been OK if not for all of the aforementioned issues.

Expereince answers were OK, you can always elaborate more. For example, I would have liked to hear more about what you liked or disliked about the different roles.

Your combat answers were written a little mechanically but they are correct. I liked how you incorporated your Synthetic’s personality into the scenarios.

Now, unfortunately, no vouches were present on forums, but there was a degree of support for your RP ingame. During observations we often struggled to see you, this may be due to your timezone, however both of these factors may be assisted by interacting further with the playerbase while in command/support roles, where they can see and vouch for your good work.

The elephant in the room is undoubtly your story. You incorporated a lot of out-of-universe factions and there was an extremely bizzare amount of repetition with odd writing during my review. After deciding to consult more experienced figures for further guidance, we believe the cause of much of this bizzare writing was AI assistance. We believe you need to take an extended step back and rethink about how you want to write your story and personality while gathering support and experience for your reputation. This application is unfortunately denied, but you may reapply starting on 7/15/24. We hope this will give you adequate time to reflect and refine a work that will set the bar! Best of luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Added synth:denied and removed synth:waiting