dabigoose - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Application - dabigoose

What is your BYOND key?

dabigoose

What is your Discord ID?

dabigoose

Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?

Yes, Artyom Brown

What whitelist applications have you previously completed?

None.

Synthetic Info:

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play:

Richard

What is your Synthetic’s Personality?

Though heavily robotic, he fails to follow orders involving menial tasks and basic interactions but rather his program loves to hear the words “shoot”, “kill” and “eat” which excite him, much like a dog. He isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed but he can certainly go fight (even if it results in his destruction). Richard loves to use guns (after his American designer programmed him that way) and is one of four types of synthetics that were made during 2175 with the exact same personality but made for combat, not sharp wits.

How will they react to the different ranks of the USCM, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation? What are their interests? What is an advertisement logline that could be written for them?

Richard has a never ending passion for guns and card games. No matter the time or date, the location or person, he is up to play the common card games he always does. Still a young robot, he thinks he invented the +2 stacking rule on uno, but that is just robotic arrogance as he has no respect what so ever but in a laid back way. No higher up (except for CMP) have experienced disrespect from his shenanigans on the battlefield to his fights before the briefing earning him (maximum) 20 minutes in solitary confinement (of course being a synth, he doesn’t care). Being a synth, he makes the other marines upset with Weyland-Yutani (somewhat sentient) beings on board but also happy that a product could have feeling on situations. Richard would always love to chat to whoever approaches whether it be some speaking alien to a mad rifleman.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?

So I can offer endless opportunities that may be funny or interesting for sometimes repetitive rounds. Often when a synth joins, they act borderline human and its very fun to interact and see what they are like as they have a very unique personality that offer funny moments, until they die. I want to recreate that experience every once in a while and make it fun for others when the round seems the same as last as well has have fun myself in the process.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?

A synthetic walked up to me when I was comtech and told me that there are xenos on the ship. It was 30 minutes into the round and we had just deployed so I didn’t believe him. After a while of going back and forth from fob to planetside, I encountered him again. He told me that there are xenos on the ship. After not believing him for the whole time, I went to req for grenades but then I saw that they had a praetorian, runners and a ton more xenos inside and they just left them there instead of firing. In a panic, I went to CMP but he already knew, and didn’t care. The only one who tried stopping this was a single smartgunner who quickly died after blowing up a portion of the requisition guys.

Synthetic Character Story:

-START OF ACCOUNT-

(Just so you are aware, this is fictional and the synth may have broken a few server rules.)

Operation Science Hive:

Part 1:
Like any operation, Richard had his core booted up with a push of a button which ran his most likely corrupted system. All that Richard saw was a boot menu and technicians wandering around him in his peripherals. As his insides ran and his body jolted, Richard stood up in a robotic fashion and with a robotic voice, he said “Synthetic Model ‘RICHARD’ 2175 starting.” With a calming jingle that plays every time this happens. As energy dashed around his body, Richard became full of life and unplugged himself, walking towards the briefing room, the Executive Officer snapped his fingers at the synth. “Your corporate ass better get to intel, you’ll be working with them.” sneered the Captain. Richard (robotically) complied and responded with a sarcastic “Aye, sir.” before heading off to the second floor of the Almayer. There, waited three intelligence officers and a pale staff officer, staring as Richard walked towards the table in which they were all gathered around. On the table, there were two floppy disks and a file that says ‘WEYLAND-YUTANI COLONY MAXWELL - 2122’. “Take a seat” said Mulligans (an IO), Richard being confused at the whole situation of why he isn’t sitting somewhere playing a card game or in a dropship said cheerfully, “You want to play rummy?”. Abruptly, the staff officer said “Now is not the time Richard, let me begin my briefing. You can shoot guns later.”, the SO began, “Colony Maxwell has been attacked by an unknown force, all that we can hear from the distress is a 16 second loop of various beeps and loud cracks, our ship AI has decoded it and told us it is up to all the marines to take it back as it has most likely been attacked by UPP or CLF forces as it is a research outpost. Now what we need, is a single file containing a disk, and three papers that we need to obtain back to the ship and to the captain. You got that?”. All the intelligence officers nodded in agreement as they began taking firearms off racks and loading them. The intercom buzzed as marines got ready for a combat drop and Richard got armed within a matter of minutes. Following the marines, the small team consisting of Richard, Conway, Mulligan and Roberts, headed to the dropship ‘Alamo’ just in time before it took off to LV-418 into Maxwell.

Part 2:
When the team landed, Conway’s telephone pack started ringing. Conway started listening and nodded for a while until his eyes widened from disbelief. Conway put the phone down and told them “Bad news, but lets head on”. Richard had seen the others grow tired of walking and looking for the intelligence while he kept lookout for any xenos that could get to them. The sun started to go down on LV-418 and the air grew colder and colder, attempting to make conversation, Richard blurted out “You guys want to know about this weapon? M39 Sub Machine Gun?” “Hell no, not right know Richard” said Roberts, exchanging a look with Mulligan as Conway tried to look for where the specific signal was coming from. “How about…” Robert thought for a second, looking at his surroundings before finding a corpse just a few feet ahead of him, covered in sand and dirt. Brushing the debris away, he found a weapon, sparking an Idea. “How about the FN P9000?” said Richard in a bit more of a monotonous way. Conway punched the air in happiness, “I think I found the right signal! Just right over he-” the appearance of the mutilated corpse shocked him a bit before Richard tore it out of the ground to inspect it. Down came a folder and a strange object with wires. The others attempted to process what had just happened but Richard already had and pushed the men to run back to the LZ before he took the folder and curled up, defending it from harm. Only god would’ve known what this would’ve attracted.

Part 3:
The explosion burnt off part of Richards synthetic flesh before it started burning his webbing and a part of his armour. In haste, Richard picked up his gun, put his magazines into his satchel and ran off with the file. Screeches could be heard from everywhere and Xenomorphs began dropping down on him, chasing him as he regrouped with the team. Firing the gun to save his team mates, Richard asked Roberts to call CAS on their exact position. “We’re gonna get blown up!” argued Roberts, “I have a plan” responded Richard. This went on until a runner snatched mulligan and ripped his armour off before eating a gaping hole into his stomach. “GET US THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!” said Conway, but Richards was onto it, he put down body bags as they climbed inside of them, he called for a medevac before climbing in his own, eventually the ‘Normandy’ picked them up and blew up the xenos down below. Shocked at what just happened, Conway stated politely “The fuck was that? We were getting attacked one second, now we’re in body bags?” Richard smiled and said, “You wanna play Uno?” to which they all agreed. The rest of the operation was spent playing Uno while recovering from most wounds while the Auxiliary Support Officer filed out paperwork for missing gear.

-END OF ACCOUNT-

Skills:

Engineering:

Not very familiar, just bare bones basics of some chemistry and creating objects. (Experience mainly from other SS13 servers)

Command:

Very familiar as I have played tonnes of Staff Officer and a fair share of Squad Leader (before the time lock was put on) as well as a few rounds of Executive Officer.

Medical:

I know quite a bit about Medical, mostly chemistry but I don’t know anything about research but I am proficient in surgery.

Requisitions:

Fairly familiar, I haven’t done a lot but I how to supply and order as well as confirm and what crates contain via looking through wiki many times for this information.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.

Synthetics may only engage in combat when the status is Code Delta, they are under threat or need to defend a person they are assigned to defend (Fellow marines, officers). Usually a Synth may not brandish a weapon unless they have encountered a direct threat towards them or someone they are defending. Furthermore, during a Code Delta, a synth mustn’t go looking for a fight against CLF or a Xeno that has hijacked the ship but rather prioritise their team mates over killing something that isn’t a direct threat to him or the person that the Synth is taking care of.

Final Info:

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?

No.

Are you currently banned from our Discord?

No.

Let us know why you were discord banned.

N/A

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?

In the story part, my Synth broke maybe one or two rules for badassness purposes.

1 Like

Hi, im not a synthetic WL holder but your name of your synthetic is already taken. Synthetic Names - Whitelist Applications / Synthetic Applications - CM-SS13 - Forums

You should find a different name for your synthetic, and also its going to be pretty impossible to enter the WL if your knowledge of engineering is limited and you need the wiki when operating requisitions, additionally, I dont think i’ve seen you.

There’s a lot of things that arent up to standards here, not nescescarily meaning you are a bad community player or fall short of community expectations, but a high understanding of mechanical knowledge is nescsescary, its best to ask a synthetic WL holder and probably withdraw this.

You are required to follow officer orders regardless of how menial you view them outside of seperate circumstances. More importantly why would the USCMC buy a synthetic that cannot do menial tasks or do basic interaction?

You cannot use guns outside of certain event and ERT synthetics. While the synthetic whitelist does cover it you also require a main USCMC synthetic that has a proper personality outside of just wanting to frag.

This is a requirement for synthetic. You have to be proficient in all support fields and especially in Engineering.

This is not acceptable regardless.

Rather than quoting everything I’ll go through it a bit quicker by just addressing quick forms of thought that pop up when I look at the application.

• Your synthetic personality isn’t actually a personality. The most you have written is that they’re heavily robotic but will also ignore menial tasks and basic interaction. Your personality also states that he will ‘certainly go fight’ even if it results in his destruction, which violates self preservation and one of the main whitelist rules around synthetics. Additionally, regarding being made for combat, that also violates the rules and lore around synthetics.
  • How your synthetic reacts to different ranks of the USCMC does not make sense. Playing card games can be part of a personality, but it’s hollow when you look at all of the other flaws. Robotic arrogance also shouldn’t be part of your selling point; synthetics in CM do not possess emotion, much less arrogance. Disrespecting the CMP and getting brigged or violating Marine Law in general is an easy way to get your whitelist removed, much less get it at all.
  • Your story does not really show any personality either, although given what is listed under the personality section it is hard to do so. It seems more like your synthetic has to be placated like a toddler than spoken too like an actual person, nor would they actually be able to use firearms or shoot at a range.
  • Your synthetic name, as stated above, is already taken and in use.
  • Your combat answers are hard to decipher. It’s difficult to interpret how you want them to be read since while it reads as technically correct it skips over a lot of nuance nor does it give actual examples of what you believe is right/scenarios you think you can perform combat in. For instance, while yes, you can defend somebody else in the event they are incapacitated or unable to defend themselves, that does not just give you carte blanche to defend them because you see them under attack, nor does it include frontline clauses and such. Given the prior statement around your synthetics personality it also makes your answers appear dubious, at best. You also don’t actually elaborate on what Delta Alert means aside from saying you should prioritize your allies, and lump it in with other combat answers even though it is a different state of combat restrictions entirely rather than just ‘a scenario you can perform combat in’.

Normally I would not scrutinize a combat section so harshly - although it is still lacking even ignoring the aspect of what was put in the personality field - but it is not a good look to say your synthetic is willing to fight and die for little to no reason.

I would suggest withdrawing this application and attempting to draft and create a proper character with myself and other synthetic councillors after the 1 month application waiting time.

2 Likes

Hey no holder of the whitelist but the synthetic whitelist is considered the most competent field, not knowing every nitty bitty about everything support related, and being fast in them, will result in this being declined. I will take a wild guess and say that you are pretty new here and haven’t even properly read the guidelines following what you wrote, I suggest withdrawing this application.

1 Like

-1 serious red flags. Suggest you withdrawn.

-1 Yeah same here DukeofCagliostro speaks for me

Am whitelist holder. Your quirk is not a quirk. Liking to play with guns wont work as you are mechanically forbidden from using them.

I admire anyone with the passion to apply for our list. But this is far from where it needs to be.

You also need way more experience. Memorization of most of engineering, chems, and surgery is bare standard.

Recommend you review past applications and contact council for advice.

How do I withdraw?

Added synth:denied

withdrawn