DevinXoptoh - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Application - DevinXoptoh

What is your BYOND key?

DevinXoptoh

What is your Discord ID?

Devin1159

Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?

Devin “Chip” Shafer

What whitelist applications have you previously completed?

None

Synthetic Info:

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play:

Harvey

What is your Synthetic’s Personality?

Strict and straight to the point regarding their tasks. Hard working

How will they react to the different ranks of the USCM, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation? What are their interests? What is an advertisement logline that could be written for them?

Harvey enjoys discussing anything to do with chemical engineering and enjoys engaging in engineering tasks

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?

I would like to try something new and grow my skills further

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?

Most of the working joes

Synthetic Character Story:

Harvey was deployed on an operation regarding a research station, this lead him to discover new ways of producing fuel for troop transports. This allowed him to grow in “rank” to be more appreciated for his efforts.
After this he spent most of his time onboard a research station, located in WY Space. During this time he had positive interactions with lead directors on projects such as developing new medicinal methods and engineering constructs.
Labelled as “A great aid to the cause” by multiple colleagues, he would remain neutral in thought passing off multiple awards with a simple gesture of “This was my purpose, I am here to help, not harm”

Skills:

Engineering:

16.6 hours. Mostly comtech

Command:

SL 22.2 XO 1.4 SO 5.3. All hours

Medical:

21.2 hours combined, 17.9 as Corpsman, 3.3 Nurse

Requisitions:

1.8 Hours

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.

Defending myself, Defending a human in danger (IE dragged, I can drag them back and shove the attacker)

Final Info:

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?

No

Are you currently banned from our Discord?

No

Let us know why you were discord banned.

Not banned

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?

This is my first attempt and I am very hopeful

I am not a synth WL holder but you’ve got to have like a google docs story that’s of moderate length my friend, you should check out some other applications for examples. Also I’d recommend more detailed answers. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You should withdraw this app and ask WL holders or councilors for advice since:

1. You lack a proper story.
  2. No idea how efficient you are at supporting roles as I don’t know who your char is and your experience statements are vague.
1 Like

Hello Devin, while I am not a Synthetic WL holder I do have quite alot of experience in making synthetic applications to the spec of the Synthetic Council, and I gotta say: This is bare bones at best.

Your Synthetic’s personality is literally a SENTENCE. No quirks, nothing regarding how they would act among the crew, absolutely no depth to this synthetic person that I can see.

Secondly, The question about interacting with different ranks; This is, once again, a single sentence. Nothing to grab on that would make me like this synthetic as I know nothing outside of them knowing/liking chemical engineering. Please GIVE DETAILS!

Your memorable interaction question, is just as depressing. You have absolutely NOT interacted with ANY of the community’s synthetic WL holders outside of the working joes? I find that exceptionally hard to do given the community often times WANTS to interact with people.

Your character story is a minor paragraph. No Dialogue, No interactions with fellow marines, no setting, nothing that is a story as the section demands it to be.

Skills section: This is a section to describe how proficient you are in all of the key areas not to just say how many hours you have in the 4 sections. Not to mention you only played a ROUND of requisitions, this does not give me confidence that you even unlocked all the roles ingame.

Combat examples are equally slim, hardly anything to go on. DETAILS PLEASE!

All in all; You have a certain confidence as I am assuming you haven’t seen any other applications or asked for a councilor/WLed synthetic to help in this application. This is no where close to a proper application in most regards. I can attest they do not let anyone in without good reason and I simply have no idea who you are, nor do I have even a slim chance of believing you are fit to become a synthetic WL holder at this current time.

-1 until further notice.

1 Like

As an actual councilor here, my strong suggestions are to look at what kind of responses are entered on accepted applications, not just one but multiple, and to utilize the discord whitelist app help channel. Almost every section fails to meet even bare minimum standards, and the app help channel can help with giving a clearer idea of what’s expected for each section as well as filling out understanding of combat rules.

1 Like

Hi DevinXoptoh, and thanks for your interest in the Synthetic Whitelist.

As mentioned in this thread already, what you have here is extremely below our standard.

You need to think and create a character which will have a personality that meshes well in the CM universe. Just discussing chemical engineering doesn’t tell us enough. There should be a uniqueness where whenever someone interacts with Harvey they know, “Oh yeah, that’s Harvey.” and not just some random Synthetic.

For your motivations, being a Synthetic is most mechanically difficult thing there is in CM. You are required to be an expert in every support mechanic and in addition, be an excellent asset to the universe in terms of RP. The freedom you will have in your RP is borderline limitless compared to many other roles. In other words, this isn’t something you play to learn and grow your skills from the basics. All Synthetics already have mastered these competencies(and usually have hit a plateau of what’s possible in the game) and are trying to take it to the next level, as Synthetic is significantly more difficult and the expectations for them are second to none.

The story you gave didn’t showcase your personality(although, your personality needs to be improved overall). We would also like to see some dialogue to view your refined personality in action.

The experience answers you gave show us the hours but not the nuances. What do you like about those roles? What’s your favorite? Are some things more difficult than others? Etc - feel free to elaborate as much as possible.

The combat answer you gave is really bare bones and it doesn’t show scenarios, just principles. Think about ingame hypothetical moments where your Synthetic may be able to utilize combat within its programming.

Unfortunately this application is denied but you may reapply in 30 days (3/26/24). Before you do I highly recommend you take a hard look at all parts of your application and continue to gain experience in support roles. Ideally you can come up with a refined personality, a story to support it, and have players who can vouch for your competency ingame. There is also the “Whitelist App Help” on the discord, and councilors are available. Best of luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Added synth:denied and removed synth:waiting