Fellowsinspess - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Application - Fellowsinspess

What is your BYOND key?

Fellowsinspess

What is your Discord ID?

pissinthenachos

Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?

Henry Marshall

What whitelist applications have you previously completed?

N/A

Synthetic Info:

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play:

Hank

What is your Synthetic’s Personality?

Hank models are described as portraying a down to earth attitude when conversing with fellow Weyland Yutani couriers. Hank was programed to integrate and understand the working man’s woes so he acts like a grizzled truck driver.

How will they react to the different ranks of the USCM, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation? What are their interests? What is an advertisement logline that could be written for them?

With Hanks experience with a corporate chain of command he knows how to act around his higher ups and fellow coworkers. On the job Hank could be seen with rolled up sleeves and joking around with his co-workers but in the presence of his directors he straightens his look and almost appears to be brand new. When referring to higher ranking officers he will acknowledge them by their rank or just simply refer to them as boss or Sir. To the enlisted Hank uses common phrases like sonny, boy or lass and will always refer to colonists by Mr. or Ms. with their respected family name. Hank understands his position as a meager courier and is willing to play his part to help the troops whether it be behind monotones cargo work or frontlines support.

Hank‘s model is specifically designed for logistical transport of colony cargo from point A to B often using colony trucks or other forms of transportation. Hank is also built to work in harsh environments where the average man dares not go. In short “time is money” and with the purchase of a Hank model your money is well spent; whether it be wind, snow, or acid rain Hank always delivers.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?

Personally, I thought it looked fun to play synth rp and game play wise. I would say I am good at rp and playing a character so I wanted to try and apply for a synth whitelist to see if I can play the part of the unliving automatons.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?

In recent memory I can remember two synth moments that changed my way at looking at synth.

1: I wanted to pull a classic prank on CIC by blocking the briefing room podium with a Café vendor. Naturally to some this would seem like a dick move and just a NJP case for an MP. But Eve the synthetic replied “Oh how thoughtful of you Marshall! The Command Staff will not be hungry today.” Sure, it is but a small encounter, but it changed my view of how a synthetic would perceive things, after all synths portray emotion but does not feel it.

2: About roughly 4 months ago I was a UPP dissident on Soro and we were holding the kitchen with roughly 2 other survivors and Malcom the synthetic. Considering we were just a small group of people outnumbered 3:1 someone convinced Malcom to negotiate with the xenomorphs to let us go because “we aren’t apart of the metal hive.” Possibly because it was low pop or the Queen wanted to have a laugh, we were given a pass to leave the colony and survive; I even shared a handshake with a Prime Lurker (HRP is real).

Synthetic Character Story:

This story is more or less some background of Hank:

This story is Hank’s interaction with another marine on a long drive:

Skills:

Engineering:

I have a basic understanding of cadeline theory, although I must admit that I am not particularly skilled in it. When constructing FOB cades, I ensure to have at least two layers of cades, incorporating either a 2 tile plasteel door or a minimum of 2 folding cades at the ends of the wall. For frontline cades, I position them near choke points and include ample space for potential congestion, whether it is for a retreat from a queen or a forward charge. Apart from that, I am experienced in repairing, replacing, and operating an APC, setting up a SMES, conducting comms repair, and fixing sensor towers. Regarding vehicle repair, I am familiar with fixing colony vans, although I have never had the opportunity to repair or operate a tank or a medical APC.

Command:

Command is probably my weakest department. I have had some experience as SO and know how to use the tools on the overwatch console and the other gizmos that lie in CIC. I know how to update tacmaps, send and coordinate forward supply drops, and relay information to SL’s or aSL’s about current events and orders.

Medical:

I have memorized most of the common chem mixes and I can fill a full tank of UNGA within under a minute given the ping overlords are on my side. Surgery is the most fun thing I do in medical and I am a savant in ghetto surgery. I find It more convenient using “ghetto tools” to avoid the hassle of searching for specific tools in the surgical tray (m15 bayonet my beloved).

Requisitions:

I would say this the department I am most proficient in. I have done multiple rounds as solo QM/RO and gotten so familiar with the req vendors I often man both req lines simultaneously at the beginning of the shift. During a typical round, I make it a point to have at least one frontline and one FOB crate prepared before the marines leave. Additionally, I try to keep a minimum budget of 10k in case of emergencies or the XO or acting commander needs anything ASAP.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.

A marine is being harassed by a runner and I deter them with a weapon or my fists to ensure the safety of the marine. I do not hunt the runner after they retreat because the saving the marine’s life is more important than a frag.

The queen is rushing the Alamo and attempting to stage a hijack, I as the synth must engage the queen until it is dead or left the Alamo to avoid a delta alert and prevent the endangerment of the ship crew aboard the Almayer.

A CLF survivor is harassing our marines with an m16 and molotovs, considering the CLF is a non-human I may incapacitate or even kill them however the best course of action is using non-lethal weaponry to prevent the loss of human life on both sides.

Final Info:

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?

Nope

Are you currently banned from our Discord?

Nope

Let us know why you were discord banned.

N/A

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?

In short, I just wanted to make a synthetic truck driver who embodies the soul of a West Virginian 18-wheeler tucker smoking on Marlboros. If for whatever reason stated I need to improve the quirk, or the story I’d be happy to re-apply after my 30-day limit is up.

1 Like

Love the stories. I can personally attest to your knowledge in medical and requisitions, and I know you’ve been bettering yourself at engineering. Huge +1. Good luck pal.

1 Like

lol

This scenario wording has me confused. You use the word “non-human” and “prevent the loss of human life on both sides” in the same sentence. Might want to reword/edit it to distinguish between CLF humans and CLF synths.

I have no idea if the quirk or story is any good to the council, just wanted to drop by and say Henry Marshall is a robust medical player who I’ve seen plenty of times and knows what he is doing. +1

1 Like

Hello!

Is it possible you can give us any specific timezone you play the game? I have yet to even see you play a round since your application went live.

1 Like

My time zone is Central Standard Time (CST).

I usually play around the times of 6-10pm on weekdays while weekends can vary depending on what I have planned. If for whatever reason you are unable to observe me during this time frame, id happily try to make an arrangement that better suited to your schedule. You can contact me via reply’s or through my discord dms.

1 Like

Fellowsinspess inspires me confidence when it comes to requisitions and medical (where I have seen him the most) and I trust Hippie’s vouch when it comes to engineering, he’s very attentive to the game which is very important for a synthetic and is also consistent in his roleplay throughout multiple interactions I’ve had with Henry.

When it comes to your synthetic I can see the similarities between Hank and Henry, your story is well written lets me know this is your comfort area and it’s what you like to roleplay so no worries there. However I’m not sold on your combat answers, here’s my thoughts.

A CLF survivor is harassing our marines with an m16 and molotovs, considering the CLF is a non-human I may incapacitate or even kill them however the best course of action is using non-lethal weaponry to prevent the loss of human life on both sides.

I would say your job here is to notify marines of the threat first and only as a last resort where marines are incapable of handling it and are backed into a corner should you engage, a synthetic without non-lethal tools (Which you do not often carry) is not a match for an armed CLF and this will likely get you killed, a synthetic should not be a liability.

I want to +1 this because I think you’re competent and I’ve interacted with you enough trust you, I also believe your biggest hurdle with the app will be proving to the council you are capable of performing to a synthetic’s standard so here are some questions so you can convince them yourself:

• You are asked to deploy and ensure the FOB is secure, once you arrive you find an abomination of a FOB (TECHNICALLY SECURE FOB) but you quickly notice a fight break out between a delta engineer and bravo SL, the engineer claims command allowed him to build it, but the SL is displeased, firearms are about to be pulled, how do you handle this situation?

• You come across a CLF insurgent in the LV-264 jungle, he claims there is a dead marine nearby after a xenomorph attack and offers to show you the way, in exchange he wants you to fix his leg that was broken in the fight, what do you do?

• You walk past requisitions and realize the CT’s are firing at each other with m79 batons and generally being a bit LRP, it’s only a matter of time before one is gravely injured but you are also in need of gear to deploy. What happens next?

Feel free to take these scenarios in any direction you want.

2 Likes

One of the top support players out there. Might get synth nerfed

+1

1 Like

I’m going to admit, in hindsight the CLF situation I used was not the best example of what a synthetic should do. But what’s said is done and I can only improve my answers. Regarding the given questions here are my responses.

I would calmly try to de-escalate the situation by standing in front of the two and verifying with command that approval was given for the design. If command did give approval of the order, then I’d suggest to the Marines to make a compromise by removing the glass windows and replacing the sandbags with actual metal barricades; assuming we’re basing the “abomination FOB” off the picture. As much as I’d love to remove the “pillboxes” it would be a net loss metal wise and a waste of resources that could be spent on placing more barricades in the northern section into general store.

However, if the command outright disapproves of the design and wishes for it to be removed, then I am obligated to follow their orders without question and deconstruct the walls into a neater design. The feud between the Comtech and the SL hopefully resolves itself from the resolution of commands order but naturally, that is not always the case. If for whatever reason either side starts firing, I will attempt to disarm and detain the shooter to ensure the safety of others while trying to prevent further harm to human life.

Considering the CLF is a hostile faction I’ll ignore their claims of a “dead marine” and assume they’re lying to me. I would retreat and notify command about the CLF presence and report the last known whereabouts of the CLF’s location. Even if what he was saying was truthful, I cannot follow orders or assist a hostile faction and doing so, especially with the CLF, could be considered sedition.

In short, the gear can wait because its replaceable while a human’s life is not. As Hank, I’d inform them that such actions could lead to workplace accidents or even death. I would strongly inform them that the safety rails are there for a reason and they could possibly fling themselves into ASRS with the baton rounds. I’d probably say something IC like “Fellas I’m not trying to ruin you’re fun but the warehouse ain’t no playground. Please stop giving yourselves headaches before you get mulched into the elevator system.”

If one of the CT’s is gravely injured such as IB or bone fractures, I’d use the local Medi vend that’s outside of req to grab some splints and then fireman carry the CT to medical. Assuming I am without my gear as previously stated and fresh out of the cryopod, it would be more logical to send the CT to medical personnel who at this moment are more equipped. If there is a QM or ASO on deck I’d notify them to keep their CTs in line to prevent them from killing themselves and if it gets worse, I’d notify an MP and leave the situation in their hands.

2 Likes

+1, Henry is an excellent player with very good knowledge of medical and engineering systems

1 Like

+1 Known this guy a long time , I can trust he can do well as a synthetic

1 Like

Henry is a religious support player. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him in a role that didn’t have responsibilities in req, medbay, or on the frontline building cades and performing triage. Combine that with his ability to roleplay, and you get a man who’d be an asset to any WL - not just Synths.

An easy +1

1 Like

The answers are alright, my favorite being the last one that really shows how your synthetic would act. If anything I’d like to give some advice:

I am obligated to follow their orders without question

A whitelisted synthetic is expected to exercise judgement to the best of their ability and sometimes those orders can conflict with your programming. Do I think you can be trusted with that? absolutely and that’s why I +1 this app.

1 Like

Quirk is one of the best in a very long time. I cannot wait until this is in action. +1. Radar Love

Reliable MT when there isn’t a CE or ASO who’s always checking on SMES and OBs whenever I’m on with him. +1

Hi Fellowinspess and thanks for your interest in the Synthetic Whitelist.

Starting with your quirk we felt that it was very straightforward and workable, albeit simple.

The story you provided was engaging and showcased Hank’s dialogue, doing so adequately. There were unfortunately some typos which I think you could have caught easily, some are punctuation, some is random capitalization, some is strange grammar - essentially these are things you should have been able to see in a proofread.

I liked reading your memorable interactions !

The experience answers here were well elaborated and overall good.

The combat answers you provided were a bit strange, so we felt that there was ambiguity with the way you wrote some of them. I would consider them correct, although you most definitely should have rewritten them in a more clear manner than what was given.

“A CLF is a non-human” but you use “nonlethal weaponary to prevent the loss of human life on both sides”? This contradicts what you said and although the message gets through to me, you should have done a much better job at writing this, without having to have a double or triple take with how its written.

“I do not hunt the runner because saving the marine’s life is more important”, does this imply you hunt the runner if the Marine is not in danger? Elaboration would help here.

The application aside, we found that your playstyle was generally approved by the community, and that your answers to Mr. Ica’s questions were generally appropiate(although there were some parts you could have answered better), but we felt that you were often in non-support roles during the time of your application and our observations. In addition to this, there was an unforseen circumstance which showed its ugly head during the time of this application.

Your survivor job ban, although it has since been appealed, it was never mentioned on this application nor to any of the council, which by the standard is a disqualification as it is something which should be mentioned before or during the application should it occur.

During the next application, we believe it would be in your best interest to fix all typos, reword your combat sentences to be more clear, and consider improving upon your listed quirk. Additional time spent in support roles while your application is up would add to the quality of you as an applicant. We would like to remind you, should you encounter another job ban it is imperative for you to list them even if it was not active at the time of posting your application. Unfortunately we must deny this application, but you may reapply starting 2/20/24. Best of luck :slight_smile:

Added synth:denied and removed synth:waiting