Round ID:

Your character name:

Quattro Fentanaggi

Their BYOND key:

LTNTS

What are you reporting?:

Enforcement Action Taken

Description of the incident:

hi guys! normal beginning of round OOC shenanigans were underway and segrain was chatting with others, I think they were playing with the lobby screen and someone asked them to do something and they said ‘I could but I don’t like your tone’ and playing at that I said ‘hey segrain die’ with the intent to joke around about the person asking them to do something in a rude way. yes I understand it was presumptive. they immediately PMed me and I even thought they were joking around with me back but they weren’t. i quickly apologized, explained myself, explained that no I was not trying to be disrespectful and didn’t mean to come off as disrespectful.
LTNTS banned me for suibaiting essentially, saying I told them to kill themselves, that was not the case AT ALL.
naturally I disagree with the ban, I think this is noteworthy at best, LTNTS is right that you never know what kind of mental state someone is in. but I NEVER told them to kill themselves. all I said was ‘die’ and plenty of playful interactions happen in OOC where this is the only ‘aggressive’ or offensive word at play and it’s obviously taken as a joke. I have never seen anyone tell another person on this computer game to genuinely die or kill or hurt themselves.
I instantly rendered an apology, clarified my intent, and understood what went wrong. mostly I was concerned that they actually did take me seriously, and like I said I think they might be ESL and therefore have a different way of speaking.
one of the reasons for the ban was rule 0.2, hostility/toxicity to admins, and not at any point was I hostile or toxic. at one point I was frustrated with the handling of the ticket because the moderator handling it was the one involved, I let that show, I shouldn’t have and I apologize to Segrain for that.

TLDR I didn’t tell anyone to kill themselves.

Evidence:

You have been noted by LTNTS.
The note is : Rule 0.2, 3 | Player told a staff member to kill themselves as a joke. Staff member did not appreciate this comment. It’s never okay to tell someone to kill themselves even as a joke, you never know where they are in life and how they’re doing mentally.

Added report:needverdict and removed report:pendinglogs

also PS. please actually pull the logs of the OOC exchange and ticket at the start of 21508, as they are very important for the context here. tyvm :slight_smile:

Hey there! I just wanted to inform you that management ruled recently that posted log-pulls for anything other than whitelist violations will be discontinued on the forums. Thank you for the extra information, I believe it will help the management while investigating this report. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

We still ‘pull’ the logs for all reports, we just don’t publish them on the forums anymore ^-^

10 Likes

So first and foremost: I see how you might have intended that as a joke, but even doing so ironically can be uncool. Bare minimum would have been a note as we prefer to see that sort of behavior corrected. I wanted to check and see how long the ban was, and given that LTNTS was pretty gentle with a 3hr I’m probably going to say that it’s more or less acceptable.

Going forward, I’d definitely keep those kinda jokes to people who know that you’re joking, just keep in mind that text doesn’t convey tone and there’s never really any way to be sure of intent.

I’ll be denying this given that the punishment you were given was the literal lowest ban we can give.

Added report:denied and removed report:needverdict