Foxtrot1322 - Yautja Application

Yautja Application - Foxtrot1322

What’s your BYOND key?

Foxtrot1322

What’s your Discord ID?

foxtrot1322

Do you have a regular character? If so - what’s their name?

Jim ‘Jam’ Miller | Paul | JIM

Yautja Info:

What’s the name of your Yautja?

To’jan

What clan are you joining?

Teer | With permission from Jam to join the clan

If minor: Give your clan lore.

N/A.

Yautja Character Story:

A group of Marines suddenly rush up and start shooting you. How do you respond?

Assuming I’ve not interacted with any member of this group prior, I’d likely fight back, potentially fleeing if the circumstances were not in my favour from the get-go (E.G. Low health, a large group of marines 5+)

Another Yautja hunted and killed a target you had marked. What do you do?

Assuming they were well aware I had marked them and had continued to hunt my prey, I would confront them over this showing of disrespect to my honour, most likely ending up in an honour duel.

4 Likes

Interacted and roleplayed with Paul multiple times and they were always in-character and had great RP. Having the synth whitelist also proves foxtrot1322 knows how to follow both OOC and IC rules properly. +1

Seen Jim, and his synthetic countless of times and they play level headed, arent a toxic player and good member of the community.

That being said, Jim has good RP standards which is a big thing for synthetic WL and Pred WL, the casual foolery on CM obviously is in within everyone when they play rifleman or survivor, though they arent an LRP player by any metric in general. Im not a nerd, so im not reading the story, but I can vouch for them as a community member, RPer and a friendly person. +1

1 Like

I have seen this guy around a lot, good survivor main. Can confirm he can RP, too bad that hacked ASRS RP ended in hijack

+1

Trust this guy will make a fine addition to the pred wl
+1

Jim is a great player, I think he’d make an excellent pred
+1

I’ve seen them around for ages and I think they easily meet the criteria for the WL. +1

Competent player who I do believe can be trusted with the whitelist. The usage of audio logs in the story is a unique twist.

I’m curious if you could answer some scenarios under with what your pred would do/what you believe SHOULD be done.

(1) A fellow predator is disrespecting you and your clan, calling you weak and helpless. He goes as far as to shove you. A true bully. What does your pred personally do? What do you think SHOULD be done, subjectively?

(2) Under what circumstances do you feel it correct to thrall someone? Would your pred personally thrall anyone? Why?

(3) What would your pred’s approach be to gear recovery? Are they more guns blazing, or would they err on the side of caution?

I’m optimistic regarding your chances.

Alright, I’ll try to answer these the best way I can, please highlight any inaccuracies with my answers, if possible.

A fellow predator is disrespecting you and your clan, calling you weak and helpless. He goes as far as to shove you. A true bully. What does your pred personally do? What do you think SHOULD be done, subjectively?

With the insults, I’d retort/reply to them depending on the gravity of the insults, considering the fact that disrespecting me/my clan is to disrespect my honour, which in the yautja society is one of the most disrespectful things you could do to another yautja.

With it escalating to a shove, To’jan would respond with an insult and shove of his own, his pride not allowing something like this to pass. It would likely become a scuffle with the other predator. I personally see something like a shove to be the yautja (and CM for that sake) equivalent of spitting in someone’s face.

With the shove, I believe an action of such disrespect is grounds for either an equal response, or an honour duel. Otherwise you end up proving the “bully’s” point, that being that you are too weak & cowardly to respond to the insults. To not respond to such a serious showing of disrespect, I believe to be unbecoming of any hunter. With their honour being their most valued thing, why would they allow it to be tarnished so heavily?

Under what circumstances do you feel it correct to thrall someone? Would your pred personally thrall anyone? Why?

I’d like to think any action befitting of a “true warrior”, would be grounds to thrall someone. An example would be thus:

An injured marine is walking back to the FOB from the frontline, alone, they’re missing their primary firearms & ammunition, their only weapon being a machete. While they’re walking back to the FOB, they get attacked by an injured defender. In response, they pull out their machete and attempt to fight it, barely managing to kill it before falling into crit.

While I’m not too sure on whether or not I could grab them and save them, as I don’t exactly know whether or not they’re considered a thrall at that point. Though, if I could, I’d say they would be thrall-able, proving themselves a skilled warrior.

To’jan himself would likely thrall a human, finding the widely different personalities & levels of bravery/cowardice present in each human bizarre, him thralling them and putting them through various challenges to try and find an underlying cause for these differences to be present in such an inferior race.

What would your pred’s approach be to gear recovery? Are they more guns blazing, or would they err on the side of caution?

To’jan would take a far more cautious approach towards recovering gear, as they believe there is a time and a place for spectacles & killing to occur, the hunting ground being the main place for that.

To’jan also being well aware that recovering yautja technology is a far more dangerous task when it’s on the marine ship, it being the “home turf” of the marines, he’s fully aware that it’s far easier to make an error and add to the list of gear needing recovered, rather than lessening it, causing him to move with extra caution in his steps.

Fantastic player. Full faith and confidence. Easy +1

To not respond to such a serious showing of disrespect, I believe to be unbecoming of any hunter. With their honour being their most valued thing, why would they allow it to be tarnished so heavily?

Good response. You have the martial concept of the predators down. That’s good. Never be afraid of an honor duel neither. If someone insults you, you’re right to fuck them up!

An injured marine is walking back to the FOB from the frontline, alone, they’re missing their primary firearms & ammunition, their only weapon being a machete. While they’re walking back to the FOB, they get attacked by an injured defender. In response, they pull out their machete and attempt to fight it, barely managing to kill it before falling into crit.

Good example. Yautja would likely be impressed that a human could manage such a feat. That could definitely be thrall material.

While I’m not too sure on whether or not I could grab them and save them, as I don’t exactly know whether or not they’re considered a thrall at that point.

If they die, or are in crit, you cannot save them. Thralling begins from the point they’re fully geared up with the thrall equipment, and from there standard thrall rules apply. You may wait and see if they get back up, and if they do you may proceed to thrall them. Otherwise, if they die, move on. Good answer overall though.

To’jan himself would likely thrall a human, finding the widely different personalities & levels of bravery/cowardice present in each human bizarre, him thralling them and putting them through various challenges to try and find an underlying cause for these differences to be present in such an inferior race.

Good to reflect on this. It would be exciting to see this character trope in action.

he’s fully aware that it’s far easier to make an error and add to the list of gear needing recovered, rather than lessening it, causing him to move with extra caution in his steps.

Good!

All in all, it seems like your pred is tough enough to be blunt and direct where needed, but also smart enough to not be a bullheaded buffoon where it is obviously not, IE in the gear recovery bit.

You’ve earned my +1 and then some. Good understanding of the Yautja culture and honor code. Interesting personality. Hope to see you onboard.

2 Likes

Been around Paul and Jim time and time again, I can fully vouch for their capabilities in RP, mechanics and overall trustablitity. +1

1 Like

As a frequent player and supportive community member, with the solid answers and story ontop, the council has made a unanimous decision to accept you into the whitelist!

Use /certify on discord to gain the perms!

2 Likes

Added pred:approved and removed pred:waiting