Gleb31 - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Application - Gleb31

What is your BYOND key?

Gleb31

What is your Discord ID?

Horus#0864

Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?

Im playing how russian man Gleb Nesterov in USCM

What whitelist applications have you previously completed?

No any

Synthetic Info:

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play:

Gleb

What is your Synthetic’s Personality?

Cheerful, tries to cheer everyone up with jokes. Talks quite a lot about electrics and mechanisms. Sometimes he can start speaking Russian, but when talking with Marines he quickly switches to English and speaks without an accent.

How will they react to the different ranks of the USCM, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation? What are their interests? What is an advertisement logline that could be written for them?

Gleb is one of the UPP model of engineering synths. Accepted into the ranks of USCM after UPP abandoned this model. He speaks to many Marine ranks on an even level, but sometimes shows respect to those he knows and respects. The head of the USS Almayer is named solely by rank. Mostly interested in mechanisms, including other synths. Advertising slogan: “Comrades! This model can help you repair any equipment on your ship! Quick response and protection of your comrades included! Hurry up and buy yourself Gleb!”

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?

I really love engineering, especially on the battlefield. To be the same machine that, without fear for itself, will repair sensors or telecommunications is simply bliss.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?

I really remember when, as a representative of Waylend-Yutani, I interrogated survivors about what happened on the planet. The synth who was next to the survivor explained everything that happened and helped the company representative make the story normal and more part of the lore.

Synthetic Character Story:

Another operation on the planet with xenomorphs. The command immediately asked us to break through at least beyond the FOB. Every Marine’s motion sensors are off the charts. And then almost one of the barricades was broken through and everyone began to be afraid. Suddenly shouting: “Damn bugs!” a figure ran through and, pushing away one of the xenomorphs that had broken through, began to erect a barricade. Without being confused, the Alpha fighters began to cover the unknown. The battle lasted for an hour. The Marines realized from sensors that the unknown figure was a synth. An hour after the start of the operation, the Marines stopped the onslaught and began to launch a retaliatory attack. Gleb followed them. Two orders were received from the command: 1. Restore communication. 2. Repair the sensors. Alpha Squad was tasked with covering a sinya named Gleb and going to restore communication. This was given to them without problems and without resistance. While repairing the telecommunications tower, Gleb whistled a melody and tried in every way to calm down one panicker. After the tower was repaired and a defense was erected around it, the detachment moved on. Complete Hell broke out at the sensors. The squad had difficulty getting through to them. Sint kept saying something in Russian and fixing it. Alpha was lucky that the rest of the squads arrived…
2 hours passed after that. Alpha Squad Marine, Private First Class Adam, climbed to the roof of the engineering section. Raising his head, he saw that synth who was humming something in Russian. Approaching him, he touched his shoulder. Gleb fell silent abruptly and turned his head and asked: “What do you need?”
-Yes… Tell me… What tune were you humming all the time?
-It’s just an old song from Russia. As I understand it, it’s called “VDV, hello from the sky.” Heh, this is somewhat similar to our situation.
-Tell me… Why are you, synth, so cheerful?

• This is my program and I can’t change it much. These are we, the machines that serve you. You wanted to give each model its own character. Why are you surprised now?

At that moment a smile flashed across Gleb’s face.

-Yes, you are right.
-You know, you are not the first person to ask me such a question. There were many people before you. It’s a shame they all died. Nothing lasts forever, but you need to keep a smile so that fighters like you can have a good life.
At that moment, an order came over the radio for everyone to return aboard the USS Almayer.
-Well. It’s time to come home, Marine. And if you smile just once, you’ll look like a loser.

After these words, Adam smiled and the synth and the man slowly walked towards FOB.

Skills:

Engineering:

Engineering is my love. I can fix reactors, APC and so on.

Command:

Not so much. The role I played from the command was CE

Medical:

Normal. I can do all operation, know all effects by pills, but chemistry is my weak point

Requisitions:

I’m pretty bad at queries. I can try to tell the Marines something, but I’ll often be wrong.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.

I can use force to protect myself and the Marines. For example: I was attacked by a xenomorph (for example, a drone), there are no Marines nearby, I start trying to kill the drone or scare it away. Second example: a marine is grabbed by a xenomorph and is trying to drag him away, but no one else is helping him, to protect him I start trying to attack (which will most likely result in his and my death)

Final Info:

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?

Nope

Are you currently banned from our Discord?

Nope

Let us know why you were discord banned.

Nope

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?

Everything written above was carried out through a translator. I couldn’t write this much text without his help, so don’t judge me harshly.

1 Like

I don’t really have anything else to say about this application, I just wanted to point this out as it’s likely to get your app denied.

4 Likes

You named your synth after your Ckey and your synth is the funny UPP URRRAHHH COMRADES meme.

You also used the fucking VDV Alexander Burnikov song in your story FR BRO!!! BELI BOUQET TO YOU AS WELL COMRADE!!!

2 Likes

Howdy! I would like to say a few things about your Synth app and some advice for you.
Firstly, I am going to be very blunt here. This application is not up to the standard that is expected for synth applications, it is clear you haven’t looked at previous apps, or went to the council/WL help channel on discord.

Your Synths personality, needs improvement as it does not reflect the standard that is expected from a personality. It falls in line with “quirk that isn’t really a quirk”. A synths quirk is more than one dimensional. You need to lean into your Synths backstory(that is up to standard within the lore of CM) an example would be, a waiter synth that speaks in a posh accent and uses eloquent language, and treats marines/crew like honored guests. You need to give a good strong first impression with your synth, and a fleshed out personality is required as it can result in the synth devolving into a self-insert character, if the personality is not up to standard. which goes against the thought process and intention of the WL.

Start thinking about the role and job your synth would do on a colony- what job title would it have if it was a human and build on that concept with its personality that allows the synth to distinctly show off its intended role.

Your story is subpar, it does not reflect the standard that is needed for a synth WL that shows off your personality fully, the intention of a story is to show off your character to flash what they would do and say under certain situations. The average story ranges from 3-5 pages, the job of it is to reflect your synths personality- if its too short players and despicably the council cannot get a full feel on what your synths personality is like, the story does not need to be a magnum opus, it just needs to show off your personality well, and a well written story can also aid in showing that you can better role play this character.

Your experience answers are also not up to standard, this is where you can fully be boastful and vain with how you go about answering, show yourself off a bit- tell us what you can do and what you have done in the past. The council needs to know what you can do so don’t fear about expanding on your skills a lot as it will only help you.

Your combat answer is fine, it does need some work and expansion, but you do have some basics in the rules of synth under certain conditions.
Though it does feel like your just copy and pasting from previous applications, my advice is to try and think of a unique scenario that your synth would be in that it would commit to combat in.

Overall your synth app is not to the standard that council want to see. I recommend withdrawing your app and then talking to the council and other WL holders on the discord to figure out the standard required for synth.

1 Like

A synth with UPP influence fighting for the UA during a cold war

Line the synth up to be shot for UPP ties and being a suspected spy

-1 long live the USCM

1 Like

Withdrawn for revisions. You can reapply starting 7/19/24 but before that:

There is some feedback from Westrover in this thread but overall you do need to rework all aspects in your Synthetic’s idea from the bottom up. I recommend you speak to a councilor when you have an idea ready.

Just keep in mind that besides the application and your synth’s personality - you WILL need more experience in Medical roles. Play nurse or doctor and have the chemistry wiki open so you can quickly understand the basics of it. It’s not too difficult and is rather simple. Surgery and triage is the more difficult part(and one of the most important parts of Synthetic) which will take a longer time to prepare for. Req and command are also relevant, play several rounds in each. Feel free to use WL App help for assistance or a review.

Best of luck! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Added synth:denied and removed synth:waiting