How long will this new server last?

Title, basically. There is a new medieval server called blackstone and everyone plus their dog is playing it so it has a consistently higher pop than CM. I was told that it doesn’t have ERP, but I’m not too sure about that. You could argue that 150 players are enough, the completely empty servers suck anyways and well, the initial hype will end, making the list of ded servers even longer. It’s github repository is up since around three weeks and it has 260 pull requests already, the wiki is more complete than the average noname server one, noname youtube stars are already producing videos about it and the reddit “I got banned for maxcapping the station, agree how unfair admins are already” posts now have to share their space with “blackstone is so good, agree with me” ones. Now, the actual point of this thread, when do you think will blackstone die, leading to us being able to play on highpop CM and the then not completely empty servers again? Place your bets now.

1 Like

Development has been going down for quite a bit now. We used to get averagly like 80-90 pull requests, but now its sub 40. Personaly, i’ve started playing other games because of burnout and server changes.

2 Likes

CM has fallen, Billions must Gun down req line.

2 Likes

I think it’ll last for a good few years-ish, depending on how the development + updates go

1 Like

I dont even go on the hub anymore, I just click replay :patrice:

7 Likes

CM is dying, theres no big updates anymore, its all little features and tiny tweaks

2 Likes

The last big update i can think of was full auto like a year ago.

1 Like

dam, yeah the game not are having many updates but in the state they are now thye can reach some years before having trouble. :pensive:

1 Like

Ive apparently been here for like 6 years.

CM is cylical. New people join staff with exciting ideas and revisions… push hard for months… then flame out or burn out… only to be replaced

We had some major devs flame out in drama like 3months ago. Someone new will step up.

4 Likes

What the fuck is blackstone. Sounds garbage, I downloaded byond to shoot some tall humanoid aliens and alien dogs aswell as terrorists and armies and mercenaries and big corpo dudes.

8 Likes

cm only second on the hub truly we have FALLEN and the game is DEAD FOREVER.

fr stop being drama queens, this is quite literally the most popular server and has been since like 2017. the game doesn’t need to be overhauled constantly for it to stay relevant

10 Likes

blackstone will die like the SCP or fallour servers

6 Likes

No bro you don’t get it it’s literally over for CM there is no recovering, CM has fallen billions must Bomb CIC.

2 Likes

Idk, my experience with Blackstone has been negative so far.
I played one round and i was immediately a revolutionary leader(i turned antags off). I ahelped to ask to be removed and the responce was a “Nope!”. I then wandered the game for an hour and a half trying to learn the different mecchanics and keybindings. I then ahelped to inform i was leaving.
Cool concept, bad experience.
At least here if i get something that i feel not comfortable doing admemes are really supportive…
(CM has fallen…)

1 Like

fotm server that will either die by summer or stay alive with a decent pop until some drama happens that kills the server

1 Like

The end is near…

1 Like

1 Like

Honestly, I do not worry about CM13’s longevity. CM, Nova Sector and Blackstone (the big 3 currently) appeal to different groups of players. CM being asymmetrical team deathmatch, Nova Sector hugbox furry erp, and Blackstone being a medieval anarchy simulator (in terms of its rules being practically non-existent).

Blackstone imo is what F13 should have been. I find most F13 servers in its evolution to have rigid rule sets/hugboxxing in its end which kills off its playerbase (in addition to the erp fest). Imagine if you had to properly escalate on a xeno as a marine, and if you missed a step the xeno would immediately ahelp and get you banned. Or if you wanted to raid the hive, but you had to ahelp the admin for permission first which the admin usually refuses based on their own personal whims.

There seems to be more rebased codes of F13 popping up, but looking at their player count it seems to be more of a dead end. I used play F13 year back for the bear-bull tdm (sadly lacking in recent servers) and Blackstone scratches that itch atm.

1 Like

We should follow blackstones example and remove ERP from CM

4 Likes

You say that but I still remember rounds in 2022/2023 back when a Charlie PVT would constantly shoot down CIC with a Mk1 :patrice:

2 Likes