Meeting vote. Someone else can do this.

Okay it seems frozen has not answered on what he wants for meetings and that vote in discord was destined to get covered up. SO! Please vote on what you would like the meeting to include, where, how long, when, other points. Also for those not up to speed with the meeting idea, here you go.: Suggestion for community meetings. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD KEEP IT ON TOPIC AND CIVIL!

The where.
  • Discord Town Hall channel
  • Discord new meeting channel
  • Google Meet
  • Forums
  • Google Sheets/Docs
0 voters
The how.
    1. Google Docs and Sheets to organize points and plans
    1. Use the chat feature in VCs and make a meeting VC with a chat to point more organized and recordable points
  • 1.2 Meeting VC with chat and using the Docs and Sheets to record things down
    1. Pure Google Docs and Sheets with a link on the forums
  • 1.2.3.c Crazy option, we discuss it and refine “the how” on a separate forums post with it linking to a sheet that can be altered and people can brainstorm, put demo meeting stuff there, and generally act as a think tank
0 voters
The What.
  • Make a discussion somewhere and have it covered up in heated words in a day
  • Anyone who wants to discuss the what, when, where, etc… makes a separate forums post that are of their main points (condense similar ones by moving your ideas over to the main post), and most of all, make this as organized and doc filled as possible
0 voters

I see those views, come on and vote. I can’t make decisions based on three people.

If you think there is a conspiracy to cover up something, why would you think the official forums, controlled directly by the “power’s that be”, would produce a better outcome?

3 Likes

because im banned on shitcord

9 Likes

the best answer. “see the discord” when it is the most likely to have banned people is not fantastic for delivering information to the player base. it’s also mildly wild that the forum’s “development” tab doesn’t actually have anything “in development”, “PRs in testing”, etc. alleged “town halls” aren’t even recorded/posted on the forum.

5 Likes

Damn, wish I could see the Discord and didn’t get a permanent ban without notice or a conversation and didn’t have to rely on the forums to interact with the community proper.

7 Likes

Okay seems at least some people have voted. Put a reaction of thumbs up, :+1:, if you wish for me to start making the docs and sheets early or a thumbs down, :-1:, if you wish to wait until we get more votes.

1 Like

Hm? I meant it was destined to literally covered up. As in the new messages pushed it up preventing new people from seeing it.

2 Likes

Literally just scroll up?

3 Likes

I mean like it was on the CM discussion. It got buried deep and fast.

I don’t want you representing me to Frozen if I’m keeping it a buck or anything community wise

5 Likes

I don’t like or want to be rude but you were almost kicked out of the community barely half a year ago. I also might be very wrong but I believe you gotten another months-long ban since then.

Show people you have value as a player, capable of roleplaying and being an asset to the round and community, instead of posting attention-seeking threads every month on the forum of a server which you might not even have access to anymore.

No one wants stuff from you right now and your idea, for the good initiative it is, is just townhalls in a nutshell (staff and players exchanging to address concerns and submit ideas) with PowerPoints.

11 Likes

there’s a large enough cross section of players who won’t or can’t interact with the discord that do still play the game to warrant some kind of town hall on the forums.

It doesn’t really matter if anyone personally likes or cares about OP, they brought up a good idea and I’m probably not the only person who thinks that.

Townhall for all, not just the discord chatters!

1 Like

sound a good idea(even me in the old time being not reconized in old forum)

1 Like

That “large” cross section of players could very well use the email they registered on the forum/server to hop on the discord only during townhalls if they really wanted it. No additional requirements, a you issue if you will, which is of no importance to anyone else unless you manage to convince someone it is. And the ones who can’t are banned and are not entitled to it. That would otherwise be like saying: I’m banned from the server and can’t play so make another one just for me. Don’t get me wrong though, there’s many discord bans I disagree with but that’s the exception and not the rule.

I’m not against the idea if it’s carried by a dude with good community standing (not banned), or who is a staffer, and who’s not just seeking attention. Would be unnecessary effort imo but it’s not my business if someone wants to put in the work.

3 Likes

im not giving shitcord the company my phone number to register a new account
so no

how about you fix your moderator problem first then we will talk about whos entitled to anything

3 Likes

You don’t have to give discord your phone number unless they changed it while I wasn’t looking.

Don’t see how it’s their moderator problem, I don’t think they’re staff.

In my three months off the Discord, I have found it peaceful. The nonstop flow of crap rots the mind. Forums is ideal.

6 Likes

this is depenent on local laws

all councilors and moderators are the same face to me

1 Like

that’s a very weird take, WL council aren’t staff and don’t have any part in rules or moderation (except for their respective WLs)

2 Likes