Marine drip is very lacking.

I think the only thing LV-522 does right is add uscm capes that look cool, but that’s about it.
These capes better be added to other maps! But that is besides the point. Why do our customisation options end at the “head” slot mostly? Why can’t I spray something on my armor?
Where are my white combat gloves when I play an officer?

2 Likes

you know, you can’t ignore me forever.
But use the sterile gloves from medical.

1 Like

View 1 hidden reply?
No, I don’t think I will.

4 Likes

I will start my reign of terror again. Don’t test me JRP. :herbert:

1 Like

Never forget.

what they took from you.

5 Likes

Morrow giveth and Morrow taketh.

I still don’t understand why it was removed from the regular lineup, it doesn’t hide a Marines gun.

Even have this old image I made to showcase how the poncho doesn’t hide someone using a shotgun
Screenshot 2024-03-26 15.44.28

2 Likes

re-add it then :pray:

1 Like

Look at how much drip the whitelisted roles get:

Remember when MP’s had those dark black uniforms meant specifically for them and it got removed? i remember.

Remember when CO’s would open up the vendors and let marines wear service jackets and such? i remember.

9 Likes

We can generally trust Synthetics and CO’s to not dress up like a SS13 cosplayer, less so for the average Marine.

I do concur in principle, however, that it would be a nice idea if we granted more customization options for Marines, so long as they remain tactful.

2 Likes

lol

3 Likes

Add the lore drip and we’ll add it.

Oh and on the topic of ponchos - baring a few edits to the belt I’ve got approval from Dev and spriters to get em in. (Standard caveats of finalapproval etc)

7 Likes

Someone other then me code it quick,

1 Like

we should open the marine clothes vendor in prep to others ship crew. At least for brown/black boots, Patches, helmet accessories, berets
Plus it would be nice to have service jackets, UA hoodies like the QM and similar gear for the ship crew, where i live most of the nurses have this cool jackets.

2 Likes

but then you wouldn’t waste those points for things that can be found/received unlike CLASSIC CIGARS

2 Likes

I was refering more to the googles that you can find in the vendor, or the boots or the patches, not like the feather, bandanas, or other peculiar stuff

1 Like

Marines dont need “drip” you’re on active duty to serve the UA going around killing the bad guys. Drip doesnt define the marine, you define the marine. If everyone looked different from one ane another that would be lame. The subtle differences when I look at one guy to another is all that’s needed. We dont need capes, gloves, new masks, new uniforms, whatever.

11 Likes

Don’t listen to her, she’s a synth Councillor (Drip Baron), she wants all the drip to herself and her fellow robots.

12 Likes

Says member of Synth Council which decided that gorillion casual clothing options for a Synth working aboard military ship, with some fancy “smartpack” and dead giveaway ID saying “synthetic” and no surname is perfect to “blend” with humans.

Imagine Bishop in Aliens, or Ash in Alien to wear what CM synths do. Working Joe blends into the crowd of MTs better than regular synth does.

My brother in Charles Bishop Weyland, Falling Falcons is a penal battalion, expecting uniformity from criminals pressed into service is like expecting any ammount of robustness out of members of Predator Council aka neverplayers.

12 Likes

Meow

5 Likes

retro-nam scifi-futurism be damned eh? “don’t wear helmets or salute” retrofuturism

2 Likes