Marine drip is very lacking.

Can we give Marines capes. And Hellpods!!

7 Likes

I think i’d find the sprites showing the marine from behind a bit too similiar to uncloaked scout personally but maybe im just blind

1 Like

There is 1* (one) synth, and 1 (one) CO, they’re allowed to look unique because they are unique**, but the average marine? The majority of people playing probably rolled marine, you’re not unique, you’re just one of many, the small personalization options (our current “drip”) only exist to make sure marines don’t all look exactly the same.
And also I don’t really like the poncho sprites, they’re mid at best and look too much like a cape.

*except sometimes on highpop there’s two and maybe a survsynth
**see above

1 Like

bring back the school girl uniform/maid outfit that was hidden in the walls

it’s the year 2182, people acting like they know what the marines or shipside support staff gonna be wearing like it’s set in stone, we roleplaying here anything goes

more drip, more hats, more choices, more fun

3 Likes

We’re roleplaying an established setting that has a lot of references for what a marine looks like, we do know what they’re going to be wearing, and it doesn’t leave a lot of space for more customization*, if you want that, go to TGMC.

*except the poncho that does make sense lorewise especially with all the storms (but our current sprite doesn’t look very good)

1 Like

I mean the marines in the movies (and extended EU) have flair and personality. I think we could add some more stuff that aesthetically differentiates marines and the ships crew without going too far into silly territory

It’s like the boonie! Those with cowboy hats get decapped!

13 Likes

ngl im half trolling half serious about it all

i do think too many people are way too uptight about things like this though, essentially when it comes to shipside things like crying about the addition of plushies. this aint some high roleplay server, it’s medium-rare where majority of people only care about the combat to the point if i encounter someone who even attempts to roleplay I go “oh wow ima remember this person”

1 Like

The cast of the movie were literally told to make themselves stand out as well, except for biehn who was given the previous hick’s actor’s armour, and disliked it because he thought it looked like it had a bullseye on it

10 Likes

SHUSH! The mighty councilors and “IN DA LORE” guys do not agree with Cameron’s vision. It’s “lame”. Imagine if every marine in the movie looked the same… so cool! Outside Synth of course, he should be flamboyant. Silly Cameron, doesn’t know shit.

1 Like

if you think drip is lacking then you really missed the loadout options that give you like 200 options. or you are silly and dont know what looks good

2 Likes

Yeah but all of them are things to wear on your head.

4 Likes

all of them are what you wear on your head

i cant even get a cool armband or some shit (dont ask why i want an armband)

2 Likes

i would bite a higher decap for more drip options Gramps would never use - JUST GIVE US MEANINGLESS CHOICES

1 Like

yet there are enough combinations that i can recognize pretty much every long time player by a mere glare at them

1 Like

Oh shit. The armbands. DUDE! I WANT THOSE! FUCK! I WANT A FUCKING RED ARMBAND LIKE THE SYNTHS GET NOW! FUCK! FUCK! AHHHHH!!! SHIT!

Unfortunately, I don’t have the loadout points for that shit… Only 7 loadout points, aint no way I can fit an armband (which would probably cost fuckin 3-4) on :frowning:

unless… we add more points? :pleading_face: :pray:

3 Likes

yeah add a miko outfit

5 Likes

wtf epic frozen takes…

4 Likes

true, i wear a headband and die for it all the time

3 Likes

Decapping is really not an issue at all with hats, its hilarious when it happens. the issue with wearing hats is getting IB ever 2 hits and getting denied surgeries from corpsmen cause you got IB 30 seconds after you just got out of IB surgery cause a xeno decided to even look at you the wrong way and your brain decided to start pouring blood into the inside of your skull

3 Likes

touhou marines…

2 Likes