Marine drip is very lacking.

I’d like to see somebody try this again, been a while and opinions might have shifted (and people been replaced)

2 Likes

Fun Fact:they are already in the game but only Synth can use them.

Above: a marine wearing a face shield

Below: Synth face shield

Edit:

WHAT WAS MORROW SMOKING??? THEY ARE LITERALLY WORN BY THE USCM IN AVP EXTINCTION AND SYNTHS CAN WEAR EM???

5 Likes

They don’t fit our aesthetic unless they are baby-blue instead of black and on a smug face of a synth, then they super fit our aesthetic, our dev team (synth council) agrees.

Aren’t helmet gasmasks older than October 2022? They already look like a faceshield. They didn’t add them only because they are black, the clownery. Black-tinted goggles are fine and fit our aesthetic that is supposed to be in-engine pixelart representation of Aliens/AvP extintion and such. But few dark pixels on your mouth? Doesn’t fit.

It comes back to poking admemes/devmemes with a stick once every few months.
I remember when people wanted APC, instead of tank. Devmemes said no. Then they added APC. People wanted trucks, devmemes said no. Then they added trucks.

It was never about lore, aesthetic, movies, comics, wiki, or whatever.
It boils down to: “Me think its good, me think its not good, me dev, me admin, me councillor”.
Sometimes only backed up by cherrypicking lore.

2 Likes

Vile beggar will go crazy for this shit.

2 Likes

Why can’t we call get along and just shit on xeno players?

1 Like

Our biggest split from aliens aesthetic is in the USCM uniform that all squaddies get, every marine in the movie had their customized version of ‘not single color ss13 style jumpsuit’ but instead fatigues and a tucked in shirt, which would not only be more lore accurate for us to have but would look better. but it would also be a relatively significant visual change so I wouldn’t put the effort into spriting it before a dev agrees

1 Like

Sup here to touch on the whole penal battalion. That was a lore insert of “high amount of penal marines” were forced into service. It’s still not a penal battalion. The lore insert was also more of a joke than official lore establishment cause marines act stupid.

It might sound crazy but in today’s marine corps we have penal marines. They get even less excuse to break the rules as they’re already viewed as delinquents.

Now we’re not talking the real downfall of USMC drip. Neon hair

2 Likes

a colonel of the uscm has dyed hair

1 Like

My personal belief is we are not a penal battlion ship, we are a sci fi version of mcnamera’s project 100,000.

3 Likes

man, i lost the poncho i wold do all to get back(i wold try look like batman)

I dont think I have ever seen anything on this but i think if you keep it reasonable there shouldnt be an issue. Like probably only pass out 1 unique item or multiple generic ones.

I used to give the CMO the purple scrubs back when synths were the only spawn for them to help him stand out.

I still give my autocpr machine away when I am bored of carrying it.

With ponchos since I can pull squad specific ones… maybe Ill start giving them to SLs to help them stand out.

But gone are the days where I hand out tophats, because some MPs want to be shitty.

P.s. I passed out ponchos the other day and it was fun. Was able to pull 6 of them after I got my gear. Even though some marines called them “fuck ugly”.

P.P.S. I think the poncho is pretty cool and marines should have it. I think Ill keep giving them away so more people see them and with more awareness maybe they will be enabled

it will get removed from the vendor because all of those items were added specifically because they are not meant to be handed out, it is a way to simulate what your synthetic would wear since assumedly they would have cryo’d with their clothing and it is the most efficient option

do not do this

I occasionally will spawn in ponchos for Marines as a cosmetic event.

Morrow, the former Maintainer Manager, did claim that if he saw Synthetics handing out cosmetic items from the Synth Vendor, that he’d personally remove remove said items from the vendor for all Synthetics. Though he is gone I suspect this policy is still in place, albeit not codified (we love rules that are not written down)

They are the ponchos desperately need a resprite

Be the agent of chaos and hand out every single piece of Synth drip. I want to see the raw unfiltered tears of councillors.

Because a lot of the uniform options are not common, you get more points than you’d strictly need so that you don’t get forced into something you really dislike or looks goofy, and can change for the needs of a round e.g. getting the biohazard gear if there’s a contagion or changing from scrubs into a combat uniform. They’re not meant to represent a massive pile of clothes you’re just pulling out of in order to facilitate marines breaking uniform regulations.

Gameplay of average Synth as envisioned by the council of beetroot:

4 Likes

Can my synthetic be my little pony?

1 Like

TRUE!!!

when you write it in your character description yourself