Marine drip is very lacking.

Counterpoint:SEA gets the most driped out hat.

1 Like

Point out particular individuals in power that has, or had this intention. I warn you I will laugh if you will say Apop, or Feweh, or if you will fail to point at anyone, only vaguely throwing terms around like “devs”.

1 Like

Off the top of my head RP has said on multiple occasions that SEA’s clothing choices have to be practical over cosmetic.

And if you want more drip in the game, no one is stopping you from doing sprite work and seeing if it gets implemented.

4 Likes

The stories I’ve had wandering off alone on CC to find medical… how many times I’ve gotten the poncho and the horrors I’ve had to endure to get back…

2 Likes

Literally just ask any synth. We have a billion points and never use them all. If you scroll up the only things I need are my coat and jumper… 24 points out of 120.

And thats not even our only vendor. We have 3 more.

I used to pass out top hats and sneakers to marines on Felix… but then it caused a number of riots because mps held it as violation of SOP so I stopped.

Most of you guys dont even know where our closet is

7 Likes

Didn’t XO used to be able to get a ceremonial sword? Why do only CO’s get it now?

Stop whitelisted roles stealing marine drip now.

4 Likes

I believe its technically not kosher for the Synth to hand out any items from their snowflake vendor, outside of giving a survivor something more appropriate looking.

1 Like

I just want berets/boonies/beanies and caps to be wearable with the USCM headset honestly. If we could make that item have an attached sprite with those like it does with helmets that’d be pretty cool.

2 Likes

SLs getting helmet cams and different marine uniforms and accessories would be great, half of CM is playing tactical spaceman barbie and i wanna bedazzle my SL damnit!

5 Likes

Well said. Kick ass and die well.

1 Like

MAKE SERVICE JACKETS AVAILABLE IN THE MARINE VENDORS!!!

1 Like

you are a marine not michael jackson

no its not lol

just because hes synth council doesnt discredit his opinion lol preds have 11 armors, 11 masks and skin tones im soooo biased cuz of that get real

they’re marines

im better than you lol make threads when u get good

3 Likes

8 Likes

I wonder what “disproportionate amount of penal marines” means. Penal battalion in all but name, mostly convicts with few shmucks mixed in.

Convicts pressed into service, out of their own will as exchange for prison time, but convicts.

Touched a nerve, didn’t I?

no you have to get good before you do that

and it doesnt mean that the usmc (one of the most elite fighting forces in the aliens universe) would give lax standards to soldiers to the point where they don’t look like marines anymore just because theres a bit of penal troops in it

its aliens not 40k

also synths looking like ss13 sec is not good either i agree on that

3 Likes

Fighting force so elite they resort to pressing convicts into service. A tiny bit of penal troops, being majority of Falling Falcons. We are not talking about whole USCM, or some super dooper hiper IN DA LORE battalion of hardened USCM veterans making xenos gib by just looking at them, while predators have a special rule in their honor code that hunting even a single lone marine of that battalion armed only in a spork out of his MRE can be done with multiple hunters and with every single weapon and tactic they have and they still mostly die.

Almayer is a hunk of a junk ship flying on the outer rim with CLF and Xeno activity in it’s region of operation, close to UPP border, with convicts wanting the easy way out, after a battle etc etc.
Fuckers can’t even enforce properly wearing armor, what some more flair would hurt?

We got the movie as blueprint, it was already discussed, every single marine was filled with personality and as much drip as they could. The common depiction of USCM marine is having some shit proto-meme drawn in crayon on his armor, we have skull armor for fucks sake.
The battle you are fighting is already lost, was lost already during apop and feweh days, when famous “RP standards” were upheld, yet among marines you had running around Solid Snake, HECU grunts and other shit given to donators.

Any marine can choose 3 sets of standard armor, all with different variants (mentioned skull armor), 2 additional sets from their vendor, they can freely pick and choose their primary weapon out of 4 options, plus multiple from req and vendor.

They are not cohesive, they are not disciplined, they mutiny as soon as CO farts in their general direction, they don’t listen to orders, they are bunch of idiots, but no, some cool shit to put on armor, uniform having camo variant, or something cool like that is a big no-no.

If somebody asks for capes, ponchos, or pirate hats, whatever, fuck’em. But different armor styles, some shit to put on them like medal etc, doesn’t hurt anybody.

its aliens, not ARMA

I’m good enough to beat a pred neverplayer, that is good enough in my book.

1 Like

This a thread about drip or lore discussion?

2 Likes

When can I get tattoo’s?

2 Likes

perfectly fine with the cosmetics you just mentioned, but altyns and stuff that others have “suggested” is complete slop

poncho was denied because it “masked the marine” or something (even though you can make your sniper practically invisble on ur suit storage slot lol)

yeah idk why this was denied Face Plates (not ceramic plates this time) + Helmet Garb Buff by Geevies · Pull Request #1184 · cmss13-devs/cmss13 · GitHub

2 Likes

Typical “When you code and sprite it”. That is why we have to shift Overton window, talk about pirate hats and capes, get cool face plate.

3 Likes