Admin who banned you?
ro3ger

Total Ban Duration
7Days

Remaining Duration
7Days

What other servers do you play on?
Beestation - Clean record

Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
Previously on tgstation, but it is no longer a part of who I am or how I carry myself on ss13.

Do you play using a Virtual Machine?
No

is your copy of Windows legitimate?
Yes

Reason for Ban:
Cannot copy and paste but the reason goes as somewhat like the following:

Banned for 7days/week. While in req line being spam disarmed by mess technician used lethal force on them. Player has a history of over-escalation. If you believe this ban was fake or incorrect appeal on forums (insert forums link).

Links to previous appeals:

Your appeal:
Unfolds as the following:

I am in Req Line, waiting for req line to move so I can get my marksman speedloaders, Kosaky a chef, just walks in and walks all the way to the front. I try to get back into my spot, but he walked in on help intent, to get through, then went on harm intent after he got through so I couldnt get back. I tell him to get off harm intent, and a shoving match begins.

He shoves me maybe around a dozen or two times, before I end up pulling my gun out of my waist. He then, shoves me three times while I have the gun in my hand and ends up getting shot in the procsess. He then pulls out his 1911, and puts 7 bullets into me.

Kosaky Kavajiri attempted to disarm Sergeyevich ‘Omsk’ Morozov!
Kosaky Kavajiri has disarmed Sergeyevich ‘Omsk’ Morozov!

(Pretty sure this is where the shot took place)

LCpl Sergeyevich ‘Omsk’ Morozov says, “You silly fuck”
6 / 7 ROUNDS REMAINING

Now, this person is an absaloute for a lack of a better word an idiot, he walks into the req line, pushes his way to the front, goes on harm intent, doesnt respond when I ask him to get off harm intent, to which he responds to engaging in a shoving match. Now it is literally impossible to get shot, after being disarmed then type, then “shoot him”. I know with 100% confidence that I did not click on him, which means that a result of his shoving resulted in a misfire which ended up hitting him.

After the shot, guess what he does? Walk away realising he just shot himself? No, he takes out his gun and shoots me around 7 times hitting multiple other people. If this isnt over-escalation, I have no idea what is, let alone banbaiting or looking for conflict.

Interestingly enough, it seems like this person is completely useless as after this incident he doesnt even revisit the req-line, but instead goes back to the mess hall and cooks. Proving, that infact he went to the reqline to cause trouble.

I make this appeal to show that I did not shoot him and him disarming me resulted in himself getting shot. It makes 0 sense how I am able to shoot him after being disarmed while typing a text message.

Edit: Ive asked a member of staff regarding the logs of the round to be sure, but its against the rules or policy to hand them out, so what I list (after this message) might not be correct to the detail but it should give some sort of an idea to the type of person Kosakay was here.

Kosaky Kavajiri attempted to disarm Sergeyevich ‘Omsk’ Morozov!
Kosaky Kavajiri has disarmed Sergeyevich ‘Omsk’ Morozov!

(Pretty sure this is where the shot took place)

6 / 7 ROUNDS REMAINING

Right after this shot, he runs around the req line for what’d id say was at least a solid 5-6 seconds, but it may have been some latency issue since im in Hong Kong, but it was definetly a sum of time that was in between.

6 / 7 ROUNDS REMAINING

[ Runs around the corner of req line
[ Dissapears for several seconds
[ Reappears with pistol drawn and shoots me several times

This would actually be in violation of…

If at any point combat is disengaged and both parties leave the area, you cannot skip escalation and plunge back into a fight. What's done is done.

By this logic, a fight he started, in where he shoved a gun and literally disarmed me (which is shown in logs) which resulted in an immedieate shot in him (shown in logs as well) clearly show that he was the one who shot himself as a result of the shoving.

By that standard, when he ran around the corner and dissapeared he would actually disengaged from the conflict which means that him turning around the corner to shoot what 7 bullets into me and a bunch of other marines before getting violently charged by them was indeed, his fault and is something that I cannot be held liable for.

Furthermore, his conflict was completely ILLEGITIMATE. You cannot walk into a requesitions line, cut through it, shut your mouth, go on harm intent, shove the person you just squeezed by, then wordlessly proceed to disarm the person without any proper converse or hostile act.

Rule 4. No griefing

Griefing is the intent of one player wanting to cause grief or annoyance to other players or the server without a valid roleplay reason.

It doesnt matter, wether it was a damn req line, wether it was two minutes, one minute, or 30 seconds. You cannot, engage random people in shoving matches and refuse to speak then shoot them up after you shove them when their gun is out.

Never wanted to make it so petty like this, to where I would bring articles from the rules to prove a point but getting a 7day ban after beig shit on and verbally then physically warning someone is completely messed up.

Rule 2. Roleplay

CM-SS13 is intended to be a Medium Roleplay server. Play a reasonably realistic character. Treat your character as a separate entity from you, the player. Your character’s actions, feelings, and knowledge in-game should be based solely on the character’s experiences and not your own as the player. Low roleplay actions that have no regard for your character or the setting (Memes, silly copypaste spam IC) are not acceptable. Character development can occur over rounds but each round is a soft-reset, meaning you can have previous mission experience but your character will never have died or fled the ship in the past. Follow the Roleplay Standards.

• Major shenanigans that may disrupt the normal flow of the round at roundstart, (This includes but is not limited to; big or lethal fights, briefing brawls, riots, massive equipment restrictions and tackling players trying to reach their prep room.), are not tolerated.

“Major shenanigans that may disrupt the normal flow of the round at roundstart, (This includes but is not limited to; big or lethal fights, briefing brawls, riots, massive equipment restrictions and tackling players trying to reach their prep room.), are not tolerated.” - Cook is liable for this as well. Pretty sure the prep room and the requisition lines are held to a very similar standard the round start, and hey, it mentions tackling, excatly what he was doing, disrupting the flow by getting in the line shoving then going on harm intent,.

Injuriy & Risk to Life

In cases where there is a serious threat to life, such as being punched to the borders of crit, escalation in the linear sense does not apply. The most important part of escalation is appropriate force, this means that you use an appropriate amount of force to the situation. For example:

Being punched twice on full health is not a serious threat to your life. It would not warrant you throwing hell to the wind and blasting away your comrades.
Being punched twice after already being critically injured can be seen as a risk to your life, and you can take appropriate action. This is subject to circumstances however and not a greenlight for any situation.

Well, here once more again. This is one of the pretexts to use lethal force. You can look at this two ways, with a smirk down your face saying “he got shot first” or… “He shoved you with a gun in your hand, shot himself, then came back to shoot you”. Both of these are open to interperetation, but there is a very clear distinct reasoning that any sane human should see that it is definetly not the first one.

Im also rather confused, as I should be under protection of this article which states:

Rule 10. Lethal Force

Do not attack another player without a legitimate, explainable roleplay reason that could be applied in a similar, real-life scenario. A fist fight does not suddenly escalate into a gun fight. Should one defend themselves from grief or improper escalation, the staff handling the matter decides if a punishment is given out and to who. Staff may also decide to leave things in character. Even if you are justified, you are still susceptible to Marine Law.

“Should one defend themselves from grief or improper escalation, the staff handling the matter decides if a punishment is given out and to who.” - This was completely subverted, this opens up the possibility to OOC protection from grief but I was never given this. He walked in the req line, shoving me multiple times, ended up shooting himself, ran away, then came back to shoot me. This is in no way not grief or banbaiting, and this should have been 100% taken into consideration.

Typical Griefing

Shooting up medbay at round start.
Deliberately OBing the marine frontline.

Please, substitute the word “medbay” or “requisitions” and you have your answer, I was not shooting anything up, he was. He hit many other marines, and I dont think the marines would have shot him if they hadnt seen how much of a lunatic he was would they now?

Please reconsider this ban, being given a ban after someone griefs and ignores all rp after charging you in req line to shove you in where you take out a gun from your holster to scare him in where he completely ignores it and keeps shoving which results in him getting shot by his own bare hands is quite unfair, let alone the fact that this animal was present for the rest of the round without facing any major consequence is quite saddening. Im not one to typically point fingers, and I like to keep to myself on this server in where I have shown many improvements in my behaviour with my history.

Ive asked admins maybe four times now just to be sure with escalation rules, these come as a result of marines looting my survivor hideouts, shooting me and still having the common senes and decency to ask an admin wether I could retaliate accordingly for fear of being banned for my stupid mistake almost 6 months ago in brig. Im no griefier, im no IE speedrunner or mass violator, not anymore at least. This person, the mess technician was a complete useless person who quite frankly griefed me and he was completely ignored, a damn griefer who set out to be useless where he runs into req, shoves me, shoves me with my gun in my hand, gets shot after disarming, then running away, coming back, shooting me 7 times and hitting several marines, getting chased off, then never even returning to the damn req line proves just how useless he is.

Please reconsider this ban, I have listed enough reasons but I will be happy to continue this with whoever comes by since I really did not act damn out of line.

Your appeal has been assigned to the administration team for review.

The appeal has been looked into and it has unfortunately been denied. Having looked through logs it appears you were the one to originally first start throwing punches. The other player then began disarming you whereupon which you drew your revolver and shot him several times.

We have specific logs that are generated when disarms result in a firearm going off, logs that were not generated in this case. Furthermore, after you shot him the first time, he did not disarm you again and you fired once again. Someone disarming you in the requisitions line is in no way grounds for you to shoot him with a handgun, and his disarming did not result in the gun going off. You have had previous bans for this kind of behavior in the past, I really recommend you re read the rules and just dont engage with people. If you ever have any questions or concerns you can ahelp. But shooting someone in the req line doesnt help.

Appeal denied.