Memer1 - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Application - Memer1

What is your BYOND key?

Memer1

What is your Discord ID?

burgzsmugly

Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?

Kolton ‘Poet’ Straub

What whitelist applications have you previously completed?

an approved Mentor application

Memer1 - Synthetic Application Denied Synth app

Synthetic Info:

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play:

Baron

What is your Synthetic’s Personality?

Sporting a rigid “code” (get it? Get it?) of honor, Baron will be a knight of old, ensuring those who need help will be helped, and those who offend his code will be vanguished. though he’s not exactly specific on what time period, he is a medieval knight of some form.

How will they react to the different ranks of the USCM, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation? What are their interests? What is an advertisement logline that could be written for them?

Baron is that taste of yore that any colony could use to spice up life, sporting a Celeron 600 processor and a genuine Seegson reenactment voice bank, you too can have a taste of the medieval period. Call in today for a free medical chipset at no extra charge!

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?

I feel like the limitations and freedoms that being a Synth being open up a lot of opportunities for roleplay and interesting gameplay. For a more personal reason, I am a big fan of robots and androids in fiction, especially when questions regarding souls and the qualifications for something to be “alive” come up.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?

I’d say survivor rounds with Malcolm. One time I was a CLF survivor whom claimed he was forced Into joining during a raid. Malcolm helped to backup his story, and in the end he was freed.

Synthetic Character Story:

Skills:

Engineering:

I’d say I’m highly confident in my engineering ability

Command:

I am capable of efficiently using any consoles in CIC, changing IDs, relaying information, etc etc. I am not very good at leading operations, but that’s shouldn’t matter much.

Medical:

I would consider myself very capable with medical, most surgeries I would know by heart, most chems I would know besides those really out there ones.

Requisitions:

I’d say I know enough to get by well enougj

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.

I am dragging a wounded, incapacitated marine from the frontline to the FOB for proper surgery, and a xenomorph attacks.

I am protecting an innocent crewmember from an attack using non-lethal techniques.

I am walking back from the front to the FOB and I am attacked, I defend myself, not killing the xenomorph and instead scare it off.

One case I CANNOT fight in, is a situation where those capable of defending themselves and others are already present, like on the frontline.

Final Info:

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?

Nope

Are you currently banned from our Discord?

Nope

Let us know why you were discord banned.

N/A

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?

Nope! Have a CM day.

2 Likes

GAHHH I FORGOT TO POST MY PLAYTIMES. Gimme until this evening and I’ll post them in a reply

I’m no expert in all the other synth stuff, (unsure if i’m even allowed a say in this honestly) but based on my interactions with kolton, you’re very solid in all the necessary roles, and i’ve no doubt you’re capable of continuing so as a synth, if you get accepted. good luck and I hope ya get it!

1 Like

If you wouldn’t mind, could we get your preferred timezone/day you play on?

Weekends are always preferred but I often play during the workweek too, so let’s go with Saturday PST

Hello, your application has some major issues. The most glaring is your personality. The USCM needs synths that can perform every task required of them, often simultaneously while coordinating with command or other squads. Your personality does not meet these needs. You say:

This is ridiculous. Please try this in game as a combat medic at the front while treating 3 marines and trying to talk to command while saying some gibberish like, “Why mine commander where art thou? Your servant is humbly providing aid to thine warriors, wherefore has thou commanded thine servant to go?”

The USCM would never purchase a synthetic that speaks like a medieval knight, or a medieval person. You must be able to rapidly communicate information, and your quirk should not impede this. You are not from 14th century England, you will have to think about what you’re saying. Those seconds are wasted time you could be using elsewhere.

Furthermore, the whole “knight synth” is silly. There is a longstanding joke of the “pirate synth” who goes around going, “Yarr avast ye scallywags.” Your synth is not meaningfully different from this. I’m not sure who you talked to during the creation of your synth (if anyone), but if it was a councilor, I hope jakk comes back and spanks you.

Due to this I think you should reconsider your synthetic model and make it something serious.

3 Likes

I’m trying to think of a way to phrase this that doesn’t sound too argumentative. My story shows how he speaks when he’s busy, when time is of the essence. I also don’t appreciate how… mean you gave feedback, please don’t do that to people, it just makes them not wish to reapply later. Also I have spoken to some current and ex-councilors, along with normal players and most have seemed to like it.

Its the same way I gave feedback as a synth councilor and as a CO councilor. I’m not sugar coating it for you, I’m telling you like it is.

if this is true the WL has unironically fallen

2 Likes

Please consider reading the story. I will not back and forth on this, you were mean and you are continuing to be mean. To the councilors even.

For the record “Ye Olde Synths” have never been something the whitelist has wanted. They’ve been denied since the beginning of time.

However there is nothing that says you cannot act as a posh and proper synth as a quirk. These quirks usually work out very well. I would suggest you try something to the effect of a modern 21th century member of nobility. (Prussian Prince, UK Royal Family, Swedish Noble, etc…)

1 Like

I agree with c4x on this, I vaguely recall speaking with you about the quirk when I was briefly council and I probably should have been more specific, but I still do not like the quirk and don’t think it’d work well. The comments from c4x aren’t mean, they’re just straightforward.

2 Likes

Heavy -1. You are a moderator on our discord server and posted questionable material and did not care. If I can’t trust you as a moderator, I certainly can’t trust you as a synth.

3 Likes

Hey Memer1 thank you for your application for the Synthetic Whitelist.

We believe that your quirk wasn’t quite dialed back enough, and would like to suggest that you consider pursuing a new personality for your Synthetic. This is because we want you to be able to easily integrate your personality into practical usage - you can choose either route, but we do recommend you make a change.

Your experience answers could be elaborated on further.

Your combat scenarios appear to be good. I think you could’ve elaborated more.

Finally, we come back to a similar issue as to your last application - there was a lack of observation possible of you in support roles and unfortunately, coupled with insufficient vouches/vetting we could not accept this application - this is denied, you may reapply in 30 days however.

My recommendation to you is that you consider rethinking a new personality for your Synthetic, or modifying the current one so that it meshes in regular gameplay. Asking for feedback from a councilor or WL APP help may assist you in this endeavor. But most importantly of all, please be visible in support roles. We were able to see you several times, but you were SEA on every occasion and not in the target fields. Best of luck :slight_smile:

2 Likes