Mentor Application - 567Turtle

Byond CKEY:

567Turtle

Discord ID:

567turtle

Character Name(s):

Saeko Emira, Frank Matthews, Harley Zaun

Why do you want to become a Mentor?:

I’ve trained many of my friends in playing the game and I feel like I could train more. I’ve always wanted to further assist in new players and old players alike in furthering their understanding of the game, making better players and roleplayers.

What gameplay areas do you know and which areas are you strong and weak in?:

The mechanics surrounding command roles

• How to load an OB, how to dial in an OB, how to send a squad order, how to promote an acting SL, how to set up firetimes.

JTAC/POing

• The difference between the Normandy and the Alamo. How to prep both ships. What each gun does. What each ammo does. What each hardpoint attachment does. How to set up hardpoint attachments.

Requisition

• Supply drops, the vendors, what you should be doing whenever there’s nothing else to be done.

Engineering

• I know both what should be done shipside and groundside. I know the “science” behind setting up FoB and other cadelines. I know turrets, hacking, the maps for breaching, etcetera etcetera.

Triage (Both shipside and groundside)

• What everything on the health analyzer means, what all the different medications do and how well they do their job. What the kits do, when to use them. I’m also very well at making corpsman loadouts.

Surgery (Both shipside and groundside)

• Internal bleeding fixes, fracture fixes, abortions, limb replacement…

A litttleee bit of xeno

• I pretty much only know how to play Queen and Drone, but something is better then nothing. I know how to build the hive, how to build the special hive structures, all the mechanics of queen like the eye and pheromones. I also know how strains work, as well as a few other niche topics which could cause confusion amongst new players.

How often are to able to play CM?:

Way too often. Pretty much every day, some days more then others but potato potato.

A screenshot or transcript of your human and xeno playtimes:

image_2024-03-10_190728267

Anything else you’d like to add?:

While my in game times aren’t very plentiful a lot of my playtime is actually in PvE CM and private CM events hosted in other servers. I can promise my upmost experience with the game and the roles which I claim to know plenty about :). I’m also knowledgeable in coding and what not and have the code downloaded so if needed I can find the exact values for things.

While I believe 200 hours is not a minimum for mentor applications, it is a minimum for others and 100 hours logged “recently” is also nescescary, already a pretty low bar.

You’re just pushing 190 hours, and while I think its quite mean and pathetic to claim someone isnt well versed in the game because they dont have a lot of hours, you lack hours in pretty much all of the mechanically nightmarish parts of the game.

1.1 Hours in Doctor doesnt really tell me you know how to do bone fracture surgery, larva removal, or combination surgery off the top of your head which is what you will get asked a lot, with the last one coming from veteran players as well. It also “shows” that you’re probably very, very unfamiliar with pumping out chems at the chemline.

MP, medical hours are really low, and it appears IO and Research playtimes are non existent, so thats like the four things you will get asked on as they are mechanically dense aspects.

Im not gonna put any vote, but im not saying nothing either and I think its pretty clear that what im saying is, that your hours and descriptions ommit a lot of knowledge ingame that you will be asked for. That being said, I wish you luck in the application.

If I get time, im probably going to observe you on the off chance if I miss my roll or have some spare time to put a vote in, though keep in mind im not wl’d or affiliated with any WL at all.

I do understand your concerns, but like I’ve said while I’m missing a few hours in a few of the roles which I claim knowledge in, like I said I’ve logged hours in these one some smaller events hosted in a couple of servers, as well as in PvE CM.

I’m gonna go ahead and say the hours/experience is too low and not varied enough. There were also some concerns about your past behavior notably in Discord and related to PRs so if you plan to re-apply I’d like you to address that then as well.

Added mentor:denied and removed mentor:waiting