Byond CKEY:

EMiiX

Discord ID:

183396934818463744 or emiix

Character Name(s):

Emiix Aegadan for Human
EM-I for Xenomorph

Why do you want to become a Mentor?:

Well, Primarily because i enjoy teching new people, and this will allow me to do so without taking time or attention from me if i’m playing other roles, wich sometimes, with all the stuff happening or being required for other things doesn’t allow to properly teach or help someone without being interrupted or expected to do other things in such role. And secondary, because of the LOOC overhead text, as sometimes new players are not properly aware or used to play SS13, and don’t read the chat properly, nor notice, or in some cases dont have activate LOOC chat (yes this happens), wich makes it harder to teach them IC.

What gameplay areas do you know and which areas are you strong and weak in?:

I started maining medical, so my understanding on medical/surgery and chems, it is my best/strongest skills, while also have a strong and full understanding of research.
Strongly capable of manning Requisitions alone, have a full understanding, organisation and budget management.
Strongly understanding of Marine Law and SoP, perhaps few nickels and pickles on some more obscure rules in specific scenarios, but overall pretty confident.
Have a full understanding on how to Pilot and the use of CAS fire support.
Have a full understanding on Command, Overwatch, and everything related despite my hours on it.
Despite my low hours as OT, i have an average knowledge on the basics, and able to teach new people into the roll, however, i wouldn’t be able to get into the more nerdy aspect of it and the entire math and more obscure part of it.
And lastly, and my weakest area is probably maintenance, i know how to cade, construction/deconstruct, and all the basics, repair comms, apc’s and all that. However is probably what i do the least.

And as for Xenos, despite my huge differente in hours, i know how all castes work, their abilities etc, with the highest experience as Queen.

How often are to able to play CM?:

It varies a bit, Sometimes i play decent amount of hours each day, Sometimes i play few days per week.

A screenshot or transcript of your human and xeno playtimes:

My human playtimes:

My xeno playtimes:

Anything else you’d like to add?:

Be hydrated!

5 Likes

I can vouch for this player’s competency and their roleplaying abilities. I don’t remember any unpleasant interaction with their character and they seem pretty chill both IC and OOC.

It’s exciting to see you’re applying for Mentor, good luck with your application!

+1

5 Likes

Massive +1. Honestly surprised you did not apply sooner. Emi is a great at RP and extremely competent.

3 Likes

I am scard of their hour in Medical, 100% a +1, good RP and I believe they would be great mentor

4 Likes

+1. Honestly already thought they were a mentor. They got the time and experience to teach nearly anything in CM. They also have the kindness to do it. Honestly an outstanding player

4 Likes

Big +1 from me.
Been seeing Emiix a lot going back like a year from what I can recall my interactions with them. I can vouch for their RP and skill level competency in many if not most of the ship side duties/departments.
A few times that I have joined as a SEA late round as I am making my rounds of the ship I tend to run into Emiix and the number of times I have seen them play CMO or RO and have trained a new nurse or CT in the absence of SEA awake on the ship is only a few times but the level of detail they have taught them in a short time is always impressed me.
RP with Emiix is always solid and in character. I cant recall once where they acted dumb or went off the rails without a damn good reason.
Over all a super chill and great person, with a ton of skill and knowledge, I look forward to seeing you join the mentor team! Best of luck!

3 Likes

You have a lot of experience, particularly in areas that are in places where we need them the most. That and with the ringing endorsements of everyone here in this thread, it looks like you’d be a great addition to the team. So you have my support! Best of luck.

+1

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m familiar with the player and don’t even feel like there’s any need to vet them. They’re quality, they’re knowledgeable, they’ve been in the community for a good while.

+1

4 Likes

I don’t doubt for Emiix to have enough community support already but I’ll still happily vouch on this application. I’ve seen them many times in almost all roles. Their understanding of mechanics and guidelines were more than up to par in my rounds with them and so seemed their roleplay capabilities. And finally a reliable community member I would trust to guide our newest players. Good luck Emiix.

4 Likes

Got to watch Emiix train a new CT. You know what you’re doing +1.

4 Likes

You were the SEA last round right? Kinda putting me on the ropes while doing REQ :rofl: I hate you, with love.

Also just wanted to say in general, i appreciate all the wholesome comments. Not everyday one gets to hear opinions from other people, but i’m glad you all think im competent! proceeds to get caped next round

4 Likes

+1 Not much I can say that has not already been said, Would be amazing to see you apart of the mentor team

4 Likes

+1 from me as well. Emiix has all the knowledge one could expect from a mentor applicant and always has a positive, willing attitude towards helping new players. I have no reason to doubt they would excel as a mentor.

4 Likes

Hours are great, answers are great, and you’re great in-game +1

4 Likes

Halo! I’ve seen you around alot, hours are around 3x mine…. anyways, Im gonna ask you some questions.

Question numero uno

What would you do, if there was a brand spanking new SS13 player, doesn’t know how to talk, switch hands, anything.

Question numero dos

What would you do if a PVT, joins, and immediately picks up a M4A1 and shoots you to death.

3 Likes

Hello! To answer your questions:

What would you do, if there was a brand spanking new SS13 player, doesn’t know how to talk, switch hands, anything.

• I will obviously speak with them IC, and after noticing they dont even know how to even speak or respond, i would make use of the LOOC overhead text to give them a welcome to the game/server, and hopefully make them understand basic keybinds and functions before moving to their selected role training and more advanced help once they are comfortable.

What would you do if a PVT, joins, and immediately picks up a M4A1 and shoots you to death.

• Hopefully, if i manage to notice in time or able to defend myself, i would try to subdue the target (non lethaly) to disarm them, or take cover, and seek help IC, make use of comms, informing the MP’s, and such, hopefully before dying. Trying to get the situation sorted, and try to explain him the rules and make sure he understands the server and objectives. If thats not possible, and he is either just griefing, or in this case, manage to kill me before any of that, i would send an ahelp to any current available mods/admins, inform them of the situation so they can reach the user in question and sort the issue in case any disciplinary action is needed, or they simply didn’t understand the game at all, since at that point, its out of my reach, i’m not a staff member to enforce any rules, and my character is currently dead (IC).
3 Likes

I want to add to all the +1 here, As someone whose second highest role time is doctor, I know emiix is known for being a good CMO, not only teaching others, but also not one to sit around doing nothing, but interact with other people

Would be a good addition for mentor

4 Likes

Emiix is a good player that takes their roles with authority seriously, they take their role as MP for example seriously and I never see them using their position in a way that sours my opinion of them.
I believe they wouldd make a fantastic mentor.
+1 big dub

2 Likes

Seen EMiiX around their very good at .edcal roles especially +1 from me

3 Likes

very good player from my experience, big endorsement

3 Likes