MisterMoon - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Application - MisterMoon

What is your BYOND key?

MisterMoon

What is your Discord ID?

mrmoon8844

Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?

John ‘JC’ Crimson

What whitelist applications have you previously completed?

The last app I made was on the old forum and I dont have the link and the last synth whitelist was around 1 year ago, the only one this year would be my predator whitelist which was accepted around the start of the year

Synthetic Info:

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play:

Charlotte

What is your Synthetic’s Personality?

Charlotte’s personality is one of an accepting person. With her experience with plants and working around different needs, she is able to accommodate for those with difficulties and allow for a welcoming environment, overall having a positive outlook, for example, instead of saying “Hello” she is more likely to say “Heya!”

How will they react to the different ranks of the USCM, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation? What are their interests? What is an advertisement logline that could be written for them?

Charlotte would react to the higher ranks of the ship like one would speak to their grandparent, not entirely formal but still with respect and holding them in a high regard for their past experiences although she would treat lower ranks as friends or well known colleagues.
Charlotte is interested in agriculture and farming, having worked as a farmhand prior to acquisition by the USCM, she finds interest in the ship’s research department, especially the botany department due to the interesting fauna discovered in the cosmos being accessible. This lifestyle is supported by a calm demeanour such as one of a childcare worker, being patient and keeping composure in difficult situations.

The slogan that was plastered over the booth that housed Charlotte before she was sold was “Never feel down while Charlotte is around!” adhering to her positive mentality and outlook on life.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?

I believe I am a good fit to be a synthetic because I believe I have made many changes, both to my attitude and my knowledge of CM, now holding a whitelist and being a member of the staff team, I am happy with myself to the point where I personally believe I am ready for the challenge of the synthetic whitelist

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?

It would have to be the time when Day and I held LZ 1 of LV-624 alone with no other survivors during one of my first survivor rounds.

Synthetic Character Story:

Skills:

Engineering:

Within engineering based jobs including working joe, I have around 150 hours total and believe I am competent in this regard

Command:

I am familiar with the command consoles, OBs, assigning SLs and the sorts, with a number of operations as the XO and roughly the same as SO

Medical:

I am very familiar with medical, within recent time I have honed my triage abilities by playing alot of corpsman, alongside that I have good knowledge regarding surgery

Requisitions:

Although lacking in direct hours, I believe I am competent regarding requisitions due to a couple of operations where I was alone as CT and was able to manage requisitions without help

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.

Although encouraged to avoid combat, it may be employed to ensure the safety of others, an example of a situation I saw a while back, a burrower was attacking FOB by burrowing in and causing havoc, in a situation like this, it would be allowed to attack it until it is outside of the FOB due to the fact of it being there would be endangering marine lives.

Another situation would be one such as a single lurker who has pounced a marine in the backlines, due to the fact of there being a lack of other xenomorphs, it would be allowed to engage it to ensure the marine’s safety until it either disengages or dies as it would not be directly endangering myself.

An example I would not see as acceptable would be chasing a xenomorph when they are not attacking a marine or myself and overextending in general, if they are moving away, they are clearly leaving the fight and I should get back to what I was doing

Final Info:

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?

No

Are you currently banned from our Discord?

No

Let us know why you were discord banned.

n/a

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?

A thanks to TheBiggest for helping with my story.

1 Like

1 Like

Backstory really could have used more dialogue from Charlottes perspective. I really don’t know how charlotte speaks or reacts to things. How would Charlotte respond/React to:

A CT who isn’t doing their job, instead playing a loot box game of opening black market crates and has pissed away the entire budget.

The CO BEs a marine at briefing for throwing chairs at him.

An XO who is micromanaging everything you do during an op, and is constantly criticizing your work.

1 Like

Putting myself into the shoes of Charlotte, I would expect her to respond to the following situations as follows,

1: I would probably report the situation to the MPs due to the necessity of requisitions and the fact of black market equipment being major contraband, if there was no-one to cover for them then I would assume control of req and try to get it running smoothly until someone else could take over

2: Charlotte would be against violence to marines, probably choosing to advise less brutal methods of punishment;
“Commander, we can always send marines to the brig, surely losing manpower before an operation isn’t the most efficient way to go around this”
The hope would be to get them to reconsider using BEs unless necessary, but rather use MPs as the main form of punishment

3: I could see myself responding to them like;
“Please do let me know if I’m not working up to expectations, I’m always open to advise on how to improve!”
If they really do have an issue with how I work, it should be a non aggressive way on asking what I could do to be better in their eyes and contest any false information, if they have no real points to go off and are just choosing to vent anger then they probably not going to respond.

Of-course these aren’t perfect as I would need to be in the situations personally to have the full scope of events such as whether or not marines are losing/winning for the first one etc.

1 Like

Can you give simulated dialogue to the XO question, I’m trying to get a read on your character, and you will have XOs who waste their time managing instead of the OP.

1 Like

For now, I’m going to go ahead and drop a -1 in here.

While I understand you might have the hours and the skills to qualify as a Synthetic, I cannot personally put my trust into you to represent the whitelist well.

You’ve had two prior suspensions in priviliged roles. One as working joe, for a month long, for dueling preds.

The other was, according to the log, for two weeks due to a multitude of minor infractions with predator.

Unless you can prove you can be trusted within these roles, I don’t have faith for you to play a Synthetic. Past behavior is indicative of future behavior and your past behavior shows you will inevitably break the rules.

2 Likes

I will argue myself against these 2, the working joe incident was in total my fault but a minor miscommunication due to the fact of it happening during a tribes event, i was under the impression i could fight but i was clearly wrong

The yautja infractions on the other hand happened more than 4 months ago, i have had no run ins since and have earned a spot on the council
If you still believe that i will go around breaking guideline rules then i will not argue any further as you will be making it clear that you do not believe in the change of people, past behaviour can show experience and the fact that i have never made the same mistake multiple times will show that i mean it when i say that i will not be a bad apple when it comes to the synth whitelist

1 Like

Lets say that they are not happy with the fortifications at comms that i built and have been going at it for around 5 minutes

“Captain, I will assure you that these fortifications are adequate and i assure you that i will keep comms running, you may feel free to return your mind to the operation as i handle this”

the main idea is that i would be convincing them to pay their mind to the operation while i deal with the less important roles, if they continue, then i would advise the commander should we have one of what the captain is doing as it is pretty clear they wont stop

1 Like

I’ve decided to update my opinion of Moon after a few rounds with him in the modern era.

I didn’t really think he’d ever fit the WL, but he’s clearly changed a lot since I last interacted with him substantially. I can tell he takes care for RP now and is competent at medical roles.

+1

1 Like

Your synth idea has no personality.

Almost all synths with the USCM are programmed to be friendly and welcoming to crew and those they interact with. It seems similar to Day’s old quirk too, which I think is fine if you want to go down the teacher/carer route but needs to be expanded in my opinion.

I understand that its difficult for synths to be different in game which is fine, but if you can’t even show your potential to be different on the application paper then what’s the point. It seems low effort.

The rest of this is okay but yeah

1 Like

I agree that my personality is lacking as i dont think i completely understood what it was asking of me at the time but i believe i could clarify it here and give a proper answer.

Charlotte would have the personality of a midwestern lumberjack, being hard working, persistent/determined and optimistic, she would be polite and know all sorts of “home remedies” for obscure issues that barely anyone has. Overall she looks more towards practicality over other traits, trying to find the most efficient way around problems.

Going to be going on a trip as of tomorrow for 4 days so wont be able to play

Hi MrMoon and thanks for your Synthetic Application.

Unfortunately we felt that your quirk was quite bland and could be attributed to many Synthetics.

The story that you gave illustrated a limited amount of dialogue and during some moments, strange speech patterns along with some typos.

There were also complications with community support. This, compounded with mediocre observations and the poor infraction record has unfortunately left us without a way to accept this application in good faith.

Here is some tips if you’d like to reapply in the future:

• Please consider thinking about a topic that you’re passionate about and integrating it into your Synthetic’s personality. It should be unique and mesh into gameplay well.
  • Proofread your story for readability and typos - get a second opinion if necessary. The story should also adequately demonstrate your Synthetic’s personality.
  • Keep a crystal clean record, especially in demanding roles like Officers or Whitelists. It’s also important for you to stay in character and keep a high level of RP/competency in these roles.
  • Continue to do more support roles and become more experienced - do your job and allow others to see you doing it well so that they can vouch for you.

Remember that you can see WL-App help for feedback or assistance on your application. Unfortunately - this application is denied but you can reapply in 30 days. Before considering reapplying, I highly implore that you build up your reputation to get known as a competent support player. Medical roles are a fantastic place to start. You should also consider reworking your Synthetic’s personality. In the meantime, keep a clean record.

Best of luck :slight_smile: