Mistermoon - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Application - Mistermoon

What is your BYOND key?

Mistermoon

What is your Discord ID?

mrmoon8844

Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?

Sabine A.W. Zweihander, previously John ‘JC’ Crimson

What whitelist applications have you previously completed?

MisterMoon - Synthetic Application - #14 Denied
the one before this was around a year prior to it on the old forums, along with an accepted pred application a month or so before forum switch

Synthetic Info:

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play:

Charlotte

What is your Synthetic’s Personality?

Charlotte is a hyper-focussed engineer purposed synthetic, striving for perfection in the work she overlooks, over analysing into manmade structures and acts as if she takes mistakes almost personally, yet just puts it to the side to get to the optimal outcome. She favours simplistic clothing, acknowledging that the duties she has to fulfil will likely have them ruined anyway. She was constructed in the TWE, having a more British dialect yet accommodates for a more American dialect if needed. On a couple of occasions, she has been compared to an IT technician at a workspace with constant issues, able to fix them, just fed up, yet still there to help.

How will they react to the different ranks of the USCM, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation? What are their interests? What is an advertisement logline that could be written for them?

Charlotte will often base her analogies based on the rank of the person she is speaking to, being more formal and upfront with higher ranks while with the lower ranks and squad marines she will attempt to make some form of light-hearted remark, such as if a marine had both their legs broken, “Well your legs are basically pool noodles now- but you are good to go.” Charlotte’s interests are built around the integrity of structures and looking for perfection in the work she does, always open to talk about improvements to her engineering and constructive works.

An advertisement tagline could be “Send your structural integrity worries on their way when you consider buying a Charlotte today!”

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?

I do understand some concerns that some people may have, however I do believe that as of recent I can lay the concerns to rest. I have improved upon my IC character, in game knowledge and I think that I have made a story that I am satisfied with, now seeing the flaws in previous applications. Overall I have shown interest in the whitelist for a good deal of time, with it standing out to me round about since I started playing CM.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?

As of recent in the last few days, I had a very fun round with Yin, with the end of the round leading to us getting a cool screenshot of us standing triumphantly next to the body of a queen we slayed. We ran into each other a number of times with myself being saved by her within the last few seconds of being infected.

Synthetic Character Story:

Bootup protocol activated…

Skills:

Engineering:

Honestly I feel like this is one of my most comfortable roles now, even surpassing medical, I have spent a large deal of time as a comtech, sticking to the FOB more and tinkering with my playstyle, learning a considerable amount of where to place cades, where my sentry should go among other things. I have gathered just over 200 hours in engineering based roles as of writing this with each aspect of engineering being covered.

Command:

I know the basic ins and outs of command, such as how to do announcements, handle overwatch, promote, demote, send drops, OBs (not that it would be needed), with around 18 hours in CIC based roles under my belt.

Medical:

Easily my second most comfortable set of roles with around 155 hours of total playtime, distributed between doctor, corpsman and researcher, I know the vital surgeries such as limb replacement, organ, bones, the likes, as of sort of recent I started my corpsman journey, learning how to optimise what I carry by restricting myself to lower carry capacities and finally learning how to triage and deal with numerous patients, along with the techs of it too.

Requisitions:

I do have a good amount of fun with requisitions, with just over 20 hours or so regarding it, with 5 of which being in the helm with quartermaster, and a few of them being a solo CT for a large majority of the round, in which round I learnt how to act quickly when it comes to the req line, what materials I would need to order, what to spend money on an what not to and to handle specs and inquire if they need ammo.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.

Although encouraged to avoid combat, it may be employed to ensure the safety of others, an example of a situation I saw a while back, a burrower was attacking FOB by burrowing in and causing havoc, in a situation like this, it would be allowed to attack it until it is outside of the FOB due to the fact of it being there would be endangering marine lives.

Another situation would be one such as a single lurker who has pounced a marine in the backlines, due to the fact of there being a lack of other xenomorphs, it would be allowed to engage it to ensure the marine’s safety until it either disengages or dies as it would not be directly endangering myself.

An example I would not see as acceptable would be chasing a xenomorph when they are not attacking a marine or myself and overextending in general, if they are moving away, they are clearly leaving the fight and I should get back to what I was doing
(this excerpt has been taken from my previous application as I don’t think my mind has changed on these answers)

Final Info:

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?

No

Are you currently banned from our Discord?

No

Let us know why you were discord banned.

N/A

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?

Nothing important but a thanks to those who helped with my story, personality etc…

Playtimes as of right now

I have seen Zweihander many times in game and will attest for their competency, as well as their ability to act their role. I would like to see them as synth, they should do very well at it. +1

2 Likes

Stinky moon, but proficient in supporting roles. +1

2 Likes

I like the quirk better than your old one. I think it can be worked with. It would be good to have more engineering synths.

But parts of your story dont work for me. Your synth was openly argumentative… to the point of being labeled so and even knocked out by the crew.

The following section is my biggest problem.

“Tyler do not turn on any overclocks, Tucker I’m assuming, but your name isn’t of great importance in comparison to what you’re ask-”
“Quiet Charl-”
“Turn on the overclock…

You were insulting. You can be blunt, but we are here to serve. We dont have emotions or get heated. He also ordered you to be quiet which… maybe you could ignore in this instance as you not warning them would cause them harm. Marines will tell you they hate you, you dont have a soul, you are property, etc. Even so you cant argue, just correct them or dismiss them.

I would advise that you rewrite that last portion to advise the gentleman that it is a dangerous idea. Have them ignore you and blow up the ship (not knock you unconscious).

I would take a quick pass at all your dialog. Temper your bluntness. Be direct but more polite.

Hours look fine.

On the fence pending observation and correction to above.

2 Likes

I had adjusted the end story from a previous version on advise from lagomorphica for the reason that synths wouldn’t stand down especially when they are correct when the result is that the majority of the crew would die, it’s to my knowledge that synths can ignore orders if it is reasonable and there are lives on the line, it was supposed to be more of a lecture than hostile and the captain was supposed to have a short temper and an issue with synths hence the entire reason charlotte was attacked.

I doubt there would be a situation like this in game where someone would blindly do an action which could result in a large majority of lives dying but thanks for the feedback and I will look into it

^ did a quick read over and made it more clear that charlotte was trying to get across the point that Tucker’s decision is ill advised, not interrupting and not overwriting Tucker’s orders

Seen nothing but good things about moon both IC and OOC, easy +1

+1. One of the few staff members that is nice to deal with and great RP person in game.

2 Likes

Ment to comment on this one yesterday when you built that badass FOB on Kutjevo. I don’t doubt your engineering and medical skills, and you’re great at RPing. Big +1 from me.

Hi Mistermoon and thanks for your interest in the Synthetic Whitelist!

Your Synthetic’s personality is definitely an improvement since last time, and is comparatively more unique, albeit just barely within acceptable grounds. I think you could do better, and also the fluff of her clothing seems unnecessary to write here.

The story provided with your Synthetic did not feel like it adequately represented your Synthetic’s personality. Or if it did, we felt that it was not within acceptable grounds. There were moments where arguably offensive comments were made to colleagues, and, such is a difficult personality to comprehend, even if it is a jaded IT technician. Let’s just say workplace passive aggressiveness is a cliche of overworked techs, but not a trait someone would want to incorporate to a unit which does not feeloverworked in the first place. The dialogue was also either too thin(Towards the beginning) or way too wordy(towards the end) to properly mesh in our gameplay, thus, we believe your dialogue can be improved greatly. The premise of the story was risky, but entertaining in my opinion. Also, there are STILL minor typos in the story! Please check your punctuation as it will be a good habit for any Synthetic.

Your experience answers were adequate and allowed us to understand your current level of mechanical competence.

The combat answers here appear good.

Vouches were mixed, although the community support on this thread looks decent. There were several concerns brought up in regards to previous infractions done whilst in whitelisted roles, including Working Joe. The largest and most problematic concern with this application overall was OOC behavior which we felt was ultimately unbecoming of the Whitelist. In this regard, we would absolutely like to recommend that you take a significant amount of time to restore your reputation in IC, but especially OOC areas.

Overall, we felt that your personality and especially your story could be improved significantly. The story itself would be inadequate for an accepted application. More importantly, we felt your OOC behavior/reputation and past infractions, given their varying dates, put an extreme strain on whether or not you could be trusted in a WL Synthetic capacity. Unfortunately at this time, we have decided to deny this application - you may reapply in 30 days, but noting the above, it may be better for you to take some additional time to keep a clean record! Best of luck :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Added synth:denied and removed synth:waiting