Nerf combat synths

One combat synth has better speed than a human, better health and healing, has NVGs and can carry guns. One combat synth can take on half the ship and win. It is simply broken. And I am mad they can do that. Nerf em against bullets. Make em take more damage or become more dysfunctional and slowed when shot. And decrease stun resistance. Marines and xenos are at a balance with each other in combat and then we have the synths that grab a gun and wipe the floor with both. Exclude death squads cause if they show it won’t matter too much but ERTs combat synths need a nerf against humans.

1 Like

The only way to get a combat synth is by the UPP ERT and then the only way for it to shoot marines is be the hostile variant. So even more rare.

It’s meant to be better than a human, it’s meant to be better than a normal synth. And it is very rare and ONLY for a singular hostile/friendly ERT. (UPP)

Sorry, but you died and that’s cope.

combat synths are meant to be strong, and you are meant to work in groups to kill them. it’s just simply a matter of skill

1 Like

duuuude rare = balanced… whhat dont you get

1 Like

It’s exactly the opposite, the more rare, the more powerful it is and mindlessly running up to it and shooting it won’t work, friend.

A legit cope thread

1 Like

Why do you think combat synths are illegal? It’s the same reason Germany tried banning shotguns in WW1.

1 Like

As it stands, the absolute majority of combat synths are only ever featured during shipside hijack, and this is not a guarantee since only two ERT’s feature combat synthetics. Otherwise, planetside the only time a combat synthetic can spawn is if the very rare CLF crashed ship spawn is generated for LV-624, last I was informed this has a 1% chance to appear, so, very rare.

Is the argument of how rare these Synthetics are a sufficient reason to justify their power? That is a subjective question. But considering how hijack is a <20 minute affair, I don’t think their power is a issue. They are clearly balanced around end-game hijack wherein the ERTs are massivly outnumbered, or otherwise are restricted to admin events where their usage is regulated.

1 Like

I am fine with combat synths on hijack, given that usually marines are holding an area together and easily outnumber it, combined with the fact that xenomorphs will quickly kill it when it tries to run away from marines. The CLF synth from LV should be removed however, as having a single synth murderbone (and quite often perma) shipside roles not prepared for a fight and spread out through the ship is not too nice. And a funny edit for @pablo_excavator: Brrrrrrt, combat synth just permaed everyone shipside without much counterplay, haha fun as hell, but it stays cause it “keeps us alive” (keep who alive, everyone is dead?)

cope, CLF synth stays. It’s a 1% chance of spawn and litterally what keeps us alive.

Cope harder after editing your post. Don’t let it get to your head bro.

3 Likes

nerf combat synth!!! it can use MP gear!!! which INSTA STUNS!!! DO YOU WANT TO BE FLASHBANGED AND PB’D?!?!?!

Me when i go rogue MP and flashbang PB anyone i see.

I like how some synths cryo before hijack to roll ERT synth. Best WL.

3 Likes

We need to nerf marsoc and whiteout next

1 Like

when cos get on for hijack because its fun (its ok because hijack is just fun tdm)
when preds get on for gear recovery (its ok because its just fun tdm)
when synths get on for combat (its NOT OK BECASUE I FUCKIGN HATE !!!)

when le having unrestricted combat access is more fun than being blown up by pipes and fixing cades and playing cookie clicker surgery (with 0.1% chance of actual interesting roleplay because everyones focused on hijack which is indeed just a fun tdm)

combat synths can very easily wipe out groups with no issue, although that is fine in erts because erts are meant to be batshit op

it is being nerfed, i dont think a full removal would be wise
synth council should be the one that sees the problem with this, and if they dont c’est la vie because rare=balanced

addendum: we’re adding a 1% chance for me to spawn as whiteout because thats balanced

3 Likes

seegson synths, normal lowgrade (compared to WY) utility synths can run experienced survivors for their lunch money and they weren’t remotely designed to enter combat

Now make a top of the line synth who is INTENDED to fuck shit up and you would expect it to be OP, it’s like comparing a slingshot to a thermobaric explosive, one is very much purpose built

put fork in toaster to win

1 Like

no erp pls :scream: :scream: :scream: :cold_sweat: :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved: :sob: :sob: :sob: :scream:

Send in the Joes.