Nomoresolvalou - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Application - Nomoresolvalou

What is your BYOND key?
Nomoresolvalou

What is your Discord ID?
Oggdo Boggdo#9243

Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?
I play on one character: Adam ‘Seized’ Burns. I have most of my playtime with him as a doctor.

What whitelist applications have you previously completed?
I have not yet applied for any other whitelists.

Synthetic Info:

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play:
Burns

What is your Synthetic’s Personality?
Burns is more of a no-nonsense type of synth. Once he has an objective set, he moves forward to complete it relentlessly. Anyone who tries to get in his way will usually be ignored or waived off, in order to get the job done. This doesn’t mean he will ignore orders, just that he is determined above all else to get that order done, and he does not get distracted from it easily. At his heart, Burns is just a really advanced computer, moving down his internal checklist one point at a time.

Additionally, Burns places a very high value on human life, and if anything were to disrupt his workflow, it would be to help out a fellow marine. This is why he is mostly found working as a doctor at the FOB surgery table or risking himself to pull marines to safety at the front lines.

How will they react to the different ranks of the Almayer, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation? What are their interests? What is an advertisement logline that could be written for them?
When talking to the command staff of the Almayer, Burns is all business, asking what they need and getting it done. With the more rank and file personnel, he can be more laid back, and let more of his personality show. Burns likes to talk about ways to improve efficiency or the health of the marines, even if it may annoy some marines that don’t like their workflow getting criticized.

Introducing the brand new Burns synthetic model. A true lifesaver at heart, he’ll get any injury fixed up in a jiffy, without skimping out on any of the quality that comes with a slow, calculated treatment. When you need something done right, ask Burns.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
One of the things I like about synths is their added level of RP. CM as a whole isn’t exactly the most RP intensive server, but synths really take it up a notch when it comes to RP. I also like the versatility that a synth brings, even though it can’t go into straight combat.

Most of all, I want to be a synth because I think it brings a fun new angle to the average CM round.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?
The biggest memory I have of a synth is during a round where I was a doctor doing groundside surgery, and I was called to the hospital to help with larva removal. I get there and there is a synth that is just completely surrounded by hugged marines in stasis bags. This synth was just absolutely speedrunning saving these marines lives while I just helped close up their incisions. I remember thinking that I too wanted to be a saviour just like that synth was.

Synthetic Character Story:
The sound of the landing dropship momentarily drowned out the ever nearing sound of gunfire. a small group of marines rush out of the doors, and-

Focus. Next step.

Burns returns to looking at the marine laying on the surgery table in front of him, his chest incision just having been cauterized. A group of three injured marines stood impatiently near the table, discussing who should be the next to be treated.

Incision on the right hand. Clamp bleeders. widen incision. Apply gel. move bones ba-

The nearest marine shouts out “Hey, you almost done? we’re dyin’ over here while you’ve been messing around with this guy. Hurry it up!”

“I assure you, I am moving as fast as I possibly can, and these procedures are essential to the well being of this marine, you will just have to wai-” CRACK. Burns darted his head back towards the marine he was working on. “A shame, this discussion has caused me to lose approximately 7.32 seconds of time. Please refrain from distracting me from my work, it will make things go much smoother.” The marine who had been yelling looked at Burns, almost completely dumbfounded. “You stupid metal head, we’re gonna be here all day waiting for your dumbass!” The marine stumbled over towards Burns before delivering a punch square on his left cheek. The marine almost doubled over from the additional pain gained from punching hard metal.

The gunfire grew louder as forces retreated to fire behind barricaded positions.

Burns sealed the wound on the hand of the marine who was being operated on. He turned to look down at the marine writhing on the ground, his hand covering the injured one, and asked “Will that new injury require special attention?” Before the marine could respond, a yell could be heard coming from the opposite side of the main conflict, nearer to where the small surgery station had been set up. Burns and the other wounded marines turned to see the source of the yelling: the Bravo squad leader, all by his lonesome, firing his weapon. “Burrower tunneling in! I need backup now!”

The marines nearest to him were all too injured to effectively wield a weapon, and the ones farther away couldn’t hear him over the hail of bullets.

The burrower tunneled up just in front of the squad leader, knocking him down before he could fire his weapon. Burns turned towards the wounded marines and told them “Please excuse me, I’ll be right back to treat the rest of you.” He turned and picked up a backpack full of robotic limbs before swiftly moving towards the fighting pair.

The squad leader had managed to get himself off the ground, and was holding the xenomorph off with a knife while trying to get back to his shotgun. Burns reached the pair and slammed the backpack into the side of the unaware burrower, which fell over on its side. Burns reached for the fallen shotgun and slid it towards the marine, who quickly picked it up before blasting the burrower before it could recover. He shot it again to make sure it was dead. Burns turned towards the marine and asked “did you sustain any outstanding injuries? I must get back to my patients, as they are quite the impatient type.”

“Uh, no, I think I’m fine. Thanks for the help Burns.”

“If you say so. Please be more careful, I can’t take too much time away from my duties.” Burns turned and walked back towards his station while the squad leader left to rally the rest of his squad.

Upon returning, Burns noted that a new injured marine had joined in the line. The marine that was on the operating table was sitting up, with his legs hanging off the side of the table. Burns gave him a small nod, and the marine got up and walked away. The marine with the injured hand had propped himself up onto a nearby wey-med vending machine, and Burns took him and laid him down across the table before injecting him with painkiller. “Now, where should I start?”

Step one: incision on the right hand.

Skills:

Engineering:
Admittidly, engineering is not my strong suit. I have had some exposure to it, mainly from the comTech role, so most of my knowledge pertains to barricades, APCs, and power generators and such. Despite this I think my skills in general gameplay mechanics, and looking at the wiki should let me do things on the fly, even if I don’t know everything about it right now.

Command:
I am quite familiar with command, as I have played SO a fair amount, as well as a good bit of XO and a small bit of MP. I’m pretty familiar of all the going ons in CIC, and I would say I have enough experience with command to get a good feel for how the marine forces and Almayer personnel are ordered around.

Medical:
I am very experienced with medical. I have spent plenty of time as both a corspman and doctor, so I think it’s safe to say that I have become quite proficient at keeping marines alive. I also pride myself on being very fast during surgery. The only part of medical that I wouldn’t call myself proficient in is chemistry, but for that I can just look at the chemistry wiki and be just fine, if a little slow.

Requisitions:
I am familiar with req, but It’s not a role I go often. I know how everything in there works, with the req line and ASRS and whatnot, but I just don’t go CT that often.

Synthetic Understanding:

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in?
self-defense is one scenario, such as when I’m trying to move from one place to another and I get jumped by a lurker. But in that scenario I would just use combat in order to buy time for reinforcements or to get to a safe space.

Another is to save a marine. Here I would just fight the xenomorph long enough for the marine to get away, or to scare them off so I could pull the marine out.

Frontlines is pretty much out of the question when it comes to combat. That is a no go.

The only real scenario where I could even remotely reasonably kill something is during a hijack, but even then that’s if they don’t run away from me or if I don’t have other marines near me.

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
true

Have you read the application process page?
true

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
true

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
true

Final Info:

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
No and no.

Are you currently banned from our Discord?
nope

Let us know why you were discord banned.
N/A

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
I hope that being a synth can allow me to get some more well rounded gameplay in, as well as add another layer of RP that I think is otherwise sorely lacking. Also, I am by no means a writer, so feedback on my story would be most welcome.

1 Like

This…isn’t a good look I’d recommend coming up with a different name for your synthetic.

Your question answers lack depth. Also your experience answers are lacking, time doesn’t always equal competency and could use some work- maybe detailing tips and tricks you have learned?

I think…it’s a good start…but could be much better.

2 Likes

Sure I can add a few things! do you need me to submit a new application?

1 Like

Since you have submitted the application you may leave it to see if it’s approved, or withdraw it at your choice. Either way a submitted application needs to be resolved and then your 30 days until a re-submission of an application starts.

1 Like

This is a good start but your quirk is very weak.

I have said it before and I will again, if you have a strong quirk you should be able to envision almost every part of the synth. Speech, dress, looks.

We have a synth that is an “all american”. We have a cartographer, my synth is a hippy. Yours is… serious? Its boring and hard to build on.

You could be anything. Osha inspector, pastry chef, repurposed blackjack dealer. You like to do things numerically? Maybe you are an accountant synth repurposed to the front line.

Get more creative with it, or it will be hard to play and make for an uninteresting synth

1 Like

Synth named burns :confused:

1 Like

A synth’s name should never be the same or derived from your marine’s name. The point is to have them be separate characters. The personality is lackluster. In an advertisement, using ‘slow’ is not big selling point. The story needs work in imagination and lore, I encourage people to offer their story to other WL holders and councilors for feedback. Synthetics are subject matter experts in all support roles. Mistakes can result in loss of the WL. Your combat answers are incorrect, because it does not address where these happen, and that can cause a major issue on the front lines. This application is denied.