Opinions on how to rework the APC or add other vehicles

Super easy fix.
Either give it a longer timelock, or whitelist it and give the whitelist right off the bat to well known VCs like kat.

1 Like

I do not think WL are coming back.

1 Like

Timelock could be cool to see honestly. Or some kind of other vetting system.

1 Like

give crewmen different ranks/titles as you play them more (you could go further and make it so you need x hours to drive), similar to how CL works. Eg,
Bald, fresh VC - PFC/Maintainer
Bronze - LCpl/Crewman
Silver medal - Cpl/Gunner
Gold medal - Cpl/Driver
Plat medal - 2ndLT/Commander

you could also add tanktraps that marines can build (which would also be cool for defences in general) using a few metal rods that the APC cant drive over which would give bravo a tool to fight back against the VCs demands

there are so many ways to fix this, removing the APC was the worst choice among theseā€¦

2 Likes

Play time medals should not promote you to a LT. That will cause issues.

1 Like

the ranks were abstract, i believe they are already 2ndLT thats why i started at PFC and worked upwards

1 Like

I see. I still have a lingering feeling longer time locks will not fix the issue. Removing guns and focus solely on transport seems to be the correct direction.

1 Like

Please for the love of god donā€™t say you think we should have a stupid truckā€¦ā€¦

Everyone hates the truck and it has no place on a military ship (would you play the delivery driver roleā€¦ā€¦) especially where there might be danger. The apc was a perfect mix of transport and offence, you couldnā€™t actually kill anything with the apc because it was weak as hell, however it still had a gun so the xenos couldnā€™t just walk all over it

1 Like

Gonna bump back in and offer the Humvee, or an MRRAP again. Perfect mix of both IMO, small arms for warding off harassing xenos paired with transportation

1 Like

I think you just described a tadpole from tgmc but canā€™t flyā€¦

1 Like

WL, insane rank promotions, dudes screeching ā€œAPC was epic!ā€, OP marine vic, trying to apply real life stuff into CM, this thread has all the meme checkboxes

3 Likes

We have come full circle.

1 Like

Honeslty jusy take the colony van and remove the troop carrier part in the back so its only a flat bed, either do M2C or M56D turret voila now CLF survivors have a chance of spawning with a TECHNICAL which them being CLF and guerilla warfare they 100% will have vehicles like that, gives marines a proper CLF threat and gives sadar another target to worry about.

MAYBE tune the technical speed down just a tiny bit so its not sonic fast doing drivebys but not slow enough to be a deathtrap for CLF, gunner can be shot out by marines or slashed by xenos.

Not sure if you can hit the driver and passenger with normal van, if not maybe let AP rounds pierce through while normal rounds do half damage or less? Technicals sometimes are lightly armored and most times not, maybe even add a Static RPG/That Plasma AT weapon the pig launcher i think it was?

Now we have a cool variety for CLF forces and Marines CAN commendeer them if they arent too damaged enough/just straight up destroyed by sadar or riddled to swiss cheese

I have come across the best idea possible. The Xenodevs and Xenomains will weep when they see this, but that is good. Destroy Them

3 Likes

This will save CM. Good idea.

2 Likes

Lets spice things up

3 Likes

From the bottom of my heart, I am begging for a van at least for the marines to use. It is so sad to see the VC room empty and unused every round. Could just make an armored version of the colony van.

1 Like

what something like a ww2 era halftrack? or a lightly armored logistical vehicle for req?

1 Like

Yeah something that can transport troops from the front and FOB and isnā€™t destroyed by a couple of runners.

1 Like

what would a halftrack half on it? just an m2 or something like that?

1 Like