Opinions on how to rework the APC or add other vehicles

Imaging using benos are struggling as reason to not readd vehicles as benodev right after you nerfed benos. Anyways, yes, maybe even add the van as alternative to the APC with some advantages, so people actually pick it? Something like being able to enter caves and resupply marines there (in case of the van, we wouldn’t have to worry about some wanna-be tank crushing the hive). About point 2, do you mean the jeep from point three spawning at roundstart and command being able to use some req cash/one of the two OBs/literally anything to give the VCs a vehicle like APC or van before first drop instead, or command being able to use techpoints mid-round to upgrade the APC?

1 Like

Let’s be realistic here - people riding in vehicles delayed round ends with the hopping in and out. Don’t get me wrong - I miss our vehicles. but 99% of the round population watching 1-5 vehicle inhabitants hopping in and out trying to save people only drags things out. The devs weren’t thinking groundside - they were thinking on corners to cut to end hijack earlier.

1 Like

I mean that command can already buy things that give the marines a tacticel advantage. Vehicels give a tactical advantage. Why nt let command decide if they want to spend rescouces on a vehicel like a van and further on upgrades to it. Well can be handelt diffrently but its the core concpet i mean really.

1 Like

Let’s be realistic here - an APC (Which in fact has rather few spots to drive through on the Almayer) won’t delay anything, when hijack happens, it will be swarmed with defenders instantly which can break the vehicle rather fast and then casually stomped by a single ravager.

Swap Nuke for Tank to stop xeno cope. It can’t even drive in caves… I think.

3 Likes

what about this thing?
XT-37_Stinger

The XT-37 stinger

1 Like

2x2 caves / unbreakable wall indoors. Depends on the map

1 Like

@pablo_excavator I am pretty sure that most caves have vehicle blockers (makes no sense cause 15 feet queen can pass and around human-heigth APC cannot, but anyways), so the tank would be able to help the marines pushing over the map, but couldn’t just stomp the hive. I support that, no insta roundend marine minor cause “a bald runner left but we nuke anyways”.

@Wintermote I don’t think some APC which can shoot over 24 tiles (as far as I remember not reached by anything but artillery) would not be that good foor balance, this would not have the APC be an actual APC but rather a “funny double sniper range machinegun thing”.

1 Like

Then don’t give it a weapon, or don’t have the APC (we’ve already taken 2nd option)

I do not think it is possible at all to make a 7-tile range 3x3 marine armed with an IFF M41 good or useful.