Provide clarification on split drops.

Erm CO are you telling ME <----- that I HAVE TO board this RINKY DINKY shitty little BOAT and sail across this mother fuckin’ CHANNEL to STORM A BEACH??? AND WE’RE SPLITTING UP??? THE BRITS GO ONE WAY AND THE AMERICANS TO OMAHA??? ERmmmmmmm actually, its mutiny time… Sorry sir but I don’t do OFF META plans…

Do you guys remember the thread where people kept going omg I wish we could have COs with MORE CHARACTER they’re all soooo LAME!!! This is what you wanted, and now you don’t want it.

This server is the Carrousel of Bitching and Moaning.

8 Likes

okay then please provide a solution that marines can use to counter grief strats that end in instant marine wipes

“We want more fun COs”

“I want to do a meta plan and die in a choke”

The communities opinion is more split than any drop

6 Likes

I think we should be able to mutiny COs not playing to the meta.

3 Likes

Split drops and other non meta game plans can absolutely work if they are executed by a competent Command and SLs who know what they are doing and where they are leading their squad to.
If marines mutinied the acting Commander roundstart every time because they did a different strat the game would become unbearable and extremely boring in my opinion.
Currently if a plan goes terribly wrong you can always gather some marines for a mutiny and ahelp.

3 Likes

I get split dropping can often lead to negative outcomes for marines, but meta considerations are not an admissible rationale to mutiny.

1 Like

There is a difference between “playing off-meta” and trying to grief marines. I already brought up the case where admins to this day did nothing to an actual griefer who for several consequential days kept rolling XO and did nothing but trying to ruin marines’ experience by doing dumb shit (one of the orders was "We won’t have CAS today!) Stop trying to frame it as “uniqueness”. Also, there is NO contradiction between wanting more interesting COs and marines being able to roundstart mutiny against a bad plan. Good COs don’t need admin protection and able to show a plan to marines the way they will want to participate. You can have both things at the same time.

And yeah, if you think that in real life soldiers wouldn’t have mutinied against suicide orders then you are just wrong.

I cannot speak for the player report. The question of this thread is to clarify if a split drop is a mutinyable offence, which I do not believe it is.

Off topic. We don’t ban people for being incompetent. However, if someone is griefing then action can be taken. Again, I cannot speak for the player report, but it is important to note that the line between incompetence and intentional griefing can be blurred.

Well isn’t it a good thing that this is a thread primarily about off-meta plans like split drops and not about commanders blatantly griefing!

I personally don’t think this is being argued in any manner even resembling “good faith”. Bringing up River fucking Cherry as an example despite this being a PR from November and despite that player having not touched command roles since feels EXTREMELY choosy and in no way related to the question/request this thread has posed, especially since I think 99% of the server agrees they were deliberately mutiny baiting.

You’re missing the point by a country mile. The “What Happened to fun Gimmick COs” thread is full of 86 messages where people are railing against meta plans and crying out for COs to “make the round interesting/varied.” Several COs point out that the same people requesting these off meta plans “completely derail or disregard any nonmeta orders and flame COs in dchat or LRC the moment it goes wrong for ‘grief’” as @goshflipheck put it. If this entire thread isn’t an example of that exact statement then I’ll eat my own goddamn shoe.

Y’all need to make up your minds on whether you want drones on the CO WL spamming “go hydro” or mixing it up with a split drop every once in a while, this thread isn’t a good look.

4 Likes

Wild idea hear me out

Skip a game for an hour and don’t let the CM withdrawals get you

"Be me and try to play a round as PFC. Can not deploy until 40 mins cause Delta SL “John “Fragger” Bobby” didn’t like the XOs attitude. Have a shit round cause most of command is dead and a bunch of dudes got arrested after the provost came

Or play command and set the example you want to

Also lol some random XO griefer does not represent the entire command player base just like Dr. Tram OD doesn’t represent the entire medical department player base

also lol staff just came out and said ooc meta reasons are not acceptable reasons for munity

The military chain of command is just part of CM, no one is forcing you to play it and as douchy as it sounds, chain of command is not a democracy. Player reports exist for a reason and ahelps. Someone playing in obvious bad faith is ahelp. Someone running a plan you personally don’t like, tough beans man.

8 Likes

idk if it’d get denied, it’s just noones gonna wanna mutiny over split drop. Just a waste of time for what is essentially a normal strategy at this point

If a strategy truly has 0 chance of success, mutiny is normal and probably expected. Noone wants to get sent down when they know they will die, people value their lives.

As @Steelpoint put it it’s not always clear if someone is trying to grief or just being incompetent. It doesn’t matter for the players though. If someone doing a split-drop on, let’s say, low pop it doesn’t really matter for marines if the person is griefing or just very-very bad. My point is that people should have some tools to deal with it. And they do, it’s called mutiny. But currently admins don’t allow roundstart mutinies, regardless of how justified they are. This, in my opinion, should change.

I am bringing River fucking Cherry exactly for this reason. He kept doing dumb plans, marines had to play along, and despite all the mutiny baiting they couldn’t even mutiny him. They couldn’t mutiny him roundstart because admins would never approve it. And they couldn’t mutiny him later in the round because you cannot mutiny during hijack. I am not just Cherry-picking, but of course River Cherry is the most recent stand-out example.

I don’t know what to do with this straw-manning. I didn’t mention meta a single time in this topic. OP haven’t stated that he wants gimmicky COs. I don’t know what are you arguing here against. And I don’t think the problem has anything to do with meta. You even arguably can fuck over marines by following meta. For example, you can tell them to rush Filtration when they have no medics, no engineers and their SL just woke up and won’t make it to first drop.

Okay, let me rephrase. I believe it should be possible to apply for mutiny roundstart over a plan if you have enough upset people and if the plan is unreasonable enough. You still need approval from admin, who is to judge if the plan is unreasonable and if it can be mutinied against. Current stance is that no roundstart mutinies at all, this is the only thing I personally want to change. It will still be possible to do off-meta plans. And it will still be even possible to do really bad plans if marines either want to play along or don’t care enough to oppose it.

Great piece of advice, what if I have only one hour to play?

I never said he does, but still it’s an example when a bad faith player griefs, gets ahelped, gets even reported but continues to come up with clearly unreasonable plans like “no CAS” and marines have to play along and have no counter-measures. Yeah, the player no longer plays, I guess we are lucky that he left on his own, I don’t think this is important.

2 Likes

Lame thread, go play helldivers or go to the gym.

The merry-go-round of the same discussion will continue till morale improves

3 Likes

This is what you’re basing your point around to allow round start munties (my sources are your post above

You can already deny suicide orders lmao

You’re obviously set in your own mindset, but the rest of the server is not.

Tough but I seriously doubt it as you spend hours on the forums and in game

It is not because it is non meta. It’s cause it ends the round before it hits the hour mark

Don’t play CM. Prep time alone is like one quarter of that. Play or do literally anything else.

1 Like

I’ve seen plenty of other strategies do that, marine major, xeno major, meta, nonmeta, it doesn’t matter nearly as much as much as the very simple “are marines fear RPing y/n”
Theoretically split drops are a decent idea (on some maps), but marines rarely follow the actual plan in favor of just going to the meta front location and fighting there. Even if they do stay apart organizing real reinforcements or a flank is basically impossible, marines almost never listen to orders that aren’t “push directly forward” or “retreat to FOB front died ten minutes ago”.

1 Like

marines didnt walk back and execute burke

marines would’ve lived if they did

but in all seriousness, split drops have been extremely annoying and are at like a 75% failrate recently. some of them CAN work, but most of them have failed tremendously. The issue isn’t USUALLY that its a split drop, but almost always of what the plans are of what to do with the splitdrop.

ex: recently we tried having a two FOB split drop, which as everyone predicted, failed horribly despite us trying very hard, leading to a very unfun FOB siege round once the secondary FOB fell. Everyone was down to mutiny but we had to save the rest of the team which led to most of the people who agreed to mutiny on getting back dying rescuing others at the main FOB.

Overall a very bad round that has left me with a very bad taste in my mouth for some command members who we felt like did a throw strat just cause they didnt like the map.

As per the current rules, no, you cannot mutiny because you don’t like the plan. Certain roles are also required to follow orders. If you believe someone is griefing, please ahelp or file a Player Report. There isn’t any policy to clarify here, unless things are changed later.

1 Like