Garlic Iddleson

Accused BYOND key:

Unknown

Accused character name:

River Cherry

What rule(s) were broken?:

Rule 4, Grief

Description of the incident:

This XO has been griefing for the last few days. I’m specifically reporting incidents in this round, but I would like to add that they’ve been mutiny baiting and doing this sort of stuff since they started the role. Stupid stuff like ordering no CAS, preventing anybody from pushing whatsoever, ordering people not to retrieve the fallen dead, etc.

I was the Bravo SL. We received no supply crate and ran out of resources very quickly. T3 and Queen were overeager and immediately attacked the FOB; groundside op was over within ~20 minutes of deployment, as expected. I never broke orders nor left the FOB and was building as much as I could.

Upon evacuating, XO ordered my arrest for Neglect of Duty with absolutely 0 evidence/reasoning. Bravo SO Aidel Curran protested over comms, having seen me do nothing wrong. I was taken to the Brig and asked for an appeal and prevarication charges to be held against the XO, which all got blown off with hijack - the CO did seem like it was likely to be accepted, though. XO then lied via an announcement about an ongoing riot in the Brig, I can only assume to try and cause more shit. XO then lied to the marines regarding hijack to try and bait a mutiny, which the CO quickly shut down.

If this was just a single incident I wouldn’t mind, but this XO has mutiny baited in 4 rounds in 3 days and people have been complaining about them a lot. They’re intentionally setting awful orders (and have very little time in the role) for the explicit purpose of baiting mutinies and ruining rounds. Don’t really care if they’re new, none of this is good intentioned.

Evidence:

Screenshot from PREVIOUS ROUND showing the XO admitting to wanting to spoil a round.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/458150341742166017/1173337268182843483/image_1.png?ex=6563967c&is=6551217c&hm=1c0281e7a2d7cfb4b886f586ebdd728788bc70763ea365bc5af4b4034e11c7eb&

Another previous round screenshot with the XO mutiny baiting - they’ve posted nearly this exact announcement in all 4 rounds I’ve seen them in over the last 3 days. They CONSTANTLY mention ‘Don’t mutiny me’ and making comments about mutiny and it’s like… so painfully obvious it’s the sole thing they’re after.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1047918900081328133/1173340609554157650/Screenshot_2023-11-12_174305.png?ex=65639998&is=65512498&hm=c06478c7c6bdac255222f7ddc67ed6c5d04de027e02202e26d92183c62b2d0eb&

Screenshots from a round yesterday with blatant grief and mutiny bait.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1047918900081328133/1173341082885558303/Screenshot_2023-11-12_191735.png?ex=65639a09&is=65512509&hm=e673e67fae654ff54a063547dd514d1ade886291168f06b78565fb5211b84d3f&
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1047918900081328133/1173341083300802611/Screenshot_2023-11-12_191805.png?ex=65639a09&is=65512509&hm=b2beb2ad321e6c67419a445f3a93f96694d49c9e2ab5fed5259fc0f1422e9b36&

XO ordering my arrest and the SO calling the charges nonsense.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1047918900081328133/1173336455456755793/Screenshot_2023-11-12_185610.png?ex=656395ba&is=655120ba&hm=31c4ea54b6aaa15a63c294978eb38947b6c54c0fa18519a1d7103df5e9936eca&=&width=639&height=140

XO lying about evac being denied to mutiny bait, and CO correcting it.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1047918900081328133/1173336454693392485/Screenshot_2023-11-12_185649.png?ex=656395ba&is=655120ba&hm=ae3799d7d8bb9f241884515e99ea50c825240d6b16c43c68f68a3c4c29da350d&=&width=646&height=301

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1047918900081328133/1173336454437556244/Screenshot_2023-11-12_185655.png?ex=656395ba&is=655120ba&hm=35ff527efb834de9f13b24eba7dbc8f9c4aca232366a4227d329504b1e459f84&=&width=453&height=141

Oh, and there’s a shitload of other things I don’t have logs/screenshots for. Threatened to OB the marines via announcement in the stated round, too.

19 Likes

2023-11-12_23-50-43
2023-11-12_23-51-54
Screenshots from round 19495, marines won the round and XO mentions in LOOC how he couldn’t prevent it. You can probably argue it was a joke, but I believe it aligns with the rest of the evidence.

6 Likes

Synthetic Holiday for the round in question.

I would also like to add that he is a shit-stirrer. Everything I could say has already been mentioned so I’ll add something new. The CO ordered the APC for CIC to be cut when hijack was incoming and the XO Cherry immediately took this opportunity to try and imply the CO was maliciously preventing an evacuation order.

He is fully aware that is not what was going on, he’s clearly just trying to cause as much chaos as possible and has zero interest in the marine’s enjoyment in whichever round he is XO.

Addendum:

I also would like to add my personal feelings to the matter. I feel that we’re dealing with another Laurenica Beck, someone who is using the rules maliciously and in a way that they were not spirited.

Round 19510:
XO was initially the aCO for the op and ordered no marine to cross the river. Later on in the round the CO Neumann joins and when he deploys he gives SO Aidel Curran senior access and explicitly tells him to hold down CIC in his absence, when informed of this the XO immediately tries to imprison SO Aidel Curran and when I quiz XO Cherry regarding his arrest he tells me SO Aidel Curran was being insubordinate and tried taking aCO so he arrested him. I asked him directly as a follow-up “Did Major Neumann make SO Aidel Curran the aCO before he deployed?” and he immediately tried to rule lawyer the situation and ignored my question. When I press him for an answer he then explicitly lies about the situation.

For clarification Major Neumann charged Aidel with holding CIC when he deployed, the XO Cherry disregarded it and caused all this commotion for no reason and attempted to usurp CIC maliciously.

Get this man out of CIC, thank you.

10 Likes

I have been in two rounds with him he seems to only care about himself and no one else. now I do believe he was doing this in character but there was one round when I was SEA, he tried to get me to answer one of his questions and I felt if I answered he question then he would imminently turn around and say to arrest me. After the CO let me speak my opinion on him deploying. I believe there needs some proper guidelines on how a XO should behave.

3 Likes

Hey, I was the SO that round (Curran).

At the beginning of the round, he was swapping the usual orders of things like always, such as trying to force a different squad to FOB, and the secondary dropship being transport.

The Bravo SL did what they could with what they had, I was observing them closely during FOB defense. He did not commit a crime, and I ushered him to appeal and press Prevacation charges. He did not commit NoD because he strictly never left FOB unattended, and if I recall the XO was asking for an arrest with the warrant of “anything you can stick on him.” Really, now?

I would also like to add that he raised it to red and announced “MUTINY AT BRIG!!!” when there were four of the SL’s marines there to protest peacefully. This did not devolve into any kind of fighting, and the announcement felt like it was made specifically to draw attention to brig to spry something.

Also, Booker had called evacuation that round and made his intentions clear. Booker also ordered that CIC’s power be cut, and I stood by with the XO protesting to Holiday to fix it, assumedly to me so he could cancel evac. I’ll be honest with you, if he cancelled it, I would have gunned him down without a second thought, but we managed to get him to leave CIC with the encroaching dropship. Hijack objectives don’t show up until the ship crashes, so many marines were confused if evacuation was actually called (it was). He utilized this moment to say that Booker had claimed there would be no evacuation to spry a mutiny.

This behavior is absolutely unbecoming of how an Officer should act OOCly and ICly. While mixing things up can be fun, you should not be actively playing to make everyone’s life hell and confuse the player base. In round, I began talking back to him with words such as “If he’s trying to kill the entire marine force, then he’s not my Captain.” I’m surprised I didn’t get my arrest ordered, and you did. Iddleson.

5 Likes

I played two of the four rounds mentioned here, one as MP and the other as CMP. (Lost XO roll to him 4 times in a row. XO token is real)

In both rounds he gave illegal orders and was without a doubt mutiny baiting. Had to instruct the MPs under my comand to ignore his orders since most of them were pretty much him telling us to use force on non-existant riots or to “make sure marines stay in req line under any circumstances”. He also tried to get MPs to deploy to the FOB roundstart to stay posted for arrests. Had to refuse to follow that order as well, as CMP.

He also ordered the arrest of a SL for trying and failing to complete his objective if Im not mistaken. I think someone actually posted a screenshot of this incident earlier. My character was Travis Hastings.

3 Likes

I don’t have screenshots of it but following this round, River Cherry rolled XO again and stated in LOOC during briefing “I sure hope no one PB’s me” in a manner suggesting they wanted someone to do just that. I’m all for the occasional round with incompetent command as it can make the game more interesting but this player seems to be blatantly griefing.

They also answered a request to take the mortar to the front with “sounds like a fucking terrible idea. I approve.”

3 Likes

I was the Alpha SL on round 19510, which was another Cherry XO round. From the get go me and a few of my squad-mates were discussing a mutiny, seeing as the Corporate Liaison had informed us in advance of Cherries plan. That plan being every squad except bravo would be on FoB duty, and, as is a given with Cherry plans, if you didn’t follow it you’d be arrested on the field.

Thankfully, his plan quickly fell apart, and all the squads deployed normally after setting up FoB, much to his dislike. Of course, this was after extreme loss of life and the FoB nearly falling before 30 minutes into the round because Bravo had pushed forward without any backup from the other squads, as per the captains orders.

Due to this, me, one or two of the SLs, and the rest of my squad openly planned a mutiny. Cherry was of course angered with this, repeatedly telling us over comms how this was a bad idea. Shortly after this, I was capped and being carried away by a xenomorph, saying goodbye to my squad over comms. River seeing this insulted me heavily over comms, saying “good riddance”. River was then later forced to apologize after my smartgunner and a few of the other squadmates threatened him over it. Before practically being forced at gunpoint, he had no intention to.

Overall, it’s nothing short of a miracle the round didn’t end within 30 minutes. River Cherry is not cut out for any position of power above Corporate Liaison. From my interaction, and viewing of other interactions, either him, or the character, is incredibly toxic, and just not cut out for the role. I believe he’s either blatantly just trying to grief and mutiny-bait, as he has stated multiple times before. Alternatively, the past statements have been jokes, and Cherry is just unbelievably incompetent. My theory is he does these gimmicks trying to be unique, or memorable, but he falls flat and they end up just being blatant griefing. Either way, he definitely deserves a command job ban.

4 Likes

From what I’ve seen and played under them, River Cherry is a selfish player that gets their fun from intentionally ruining other people’s rounds. It is one thing to do plans that are different from deathblob, doomstack but River’s plans involve them an undertone of “Don’t mutiny me” with their LOOC and other stuff they’ve said in dchat along with their insistence on having active MPs at FOB for speedy arrests. River actively insults every marine and then tries to get them arrested if possible as mentioned in this thread and whenever someone shows up to curtail their malicious actions, they refuse to do anything beyond making passive-aggressive announcements like “I’ve been overruled, sorry marines :3”. They are a blight on the community and only exists to grief marines while pretending to be quirky.

8 Likes

Backing up this statement, I would like to mention that round 19510 was “FOB except for Bravo.” Obviously, it incentivizes them to go out alone and get killed. Whilst people do pass ideas back and forth, one thing always is certain that you should ascertain specific kills or the rest of the operation will be a slog (which it was).

Neumann had the XO go down to help requisitions, and I had autonomy in CIC via announcements so that he could deploy (the ASO had moved to cryogenic storage beforehand). I tried all I could for the marines to pull back from what had happened, but it was just a chain reaction of effects and the round spiraled into chaos. Personally, when I command, my character cares for death and wants to save/recover whoever they can if viable. Both ICly and OOCly this was pissing me off for various reasons.

However, when he was released from his post to requisitions, I saw a glorious announcement. Taboo, even, along the lines of “The CO has taken control of the OP and kicked me out have fun!” He does this so, so much. I’ve seen it multiple times. I advised him in the round that his announcements should be frequent and only contain useful information, to which he told me to stop talking back to him (I wasn’t speaking harsh, I was just advising him.) He also has a lapse of judgement and yelled at me for not setting a new Delta aSL that was focused on Nexus (I did and the console was right in front of him). Neumann mentioned something along him being unable to check cameras, if I recall. He really, really does NOT pay attention to the map or cameras.

Do you think he reads these with a smile on his face?

Edit I forgot: He asks SOs to mark for insubordination, and deploys MPs to FOB to arrest them to grief our fighting force (as stated above)

5 Likes

River Cherry here.

I am quite surprised how much time some people have spent trying to bring me down, but I will respond to each of the “issues”, except Gysilian’s folder, because commenting on each of 25 pictures is too much, unless Staff absolutely wants me to.

sietchi:
“This XO has been griefing for the last few days. I’m specifically reporting incidents in this round, but I would like to add that they’ve been mutiny baiting and doing this sort of stuff since they started the role. Stupid stuff like ordering no CAS, preventing anybody from pushing whatsoever, ordering people not to retrieve the fallen dead, etc.” - I assume it’s not a specific accusation that I need to address.

“Upon evacuating, XO ordered my arrest for Neglect of Duty with absolutely 0 evidence/reasoning. Bravo SO Aidel Curran protested over comms, having seen me do nothing wrong. I was taken to the Brig and asked for an appeal and prevarication charges to be held against the XO, which all got blown off with hijack - the CO did seem like it was likely to be accepted, though. XO then lied via an announcement about an ongoing riot in the Brig, I can only assume to try and cause more shit. XO then lied to the marines regarding hijack to try and bait a mutiny, which the CO quickly shut down.” - FOB has fallen extremely fast, while other squads were busy pushing, Bravo did not hold xeno attack and failed. I, reasonably, assumed that it was due to barricades not being setup early on, and I blamed Bravo SL for failing to ensure FOB was setup, hence I ordered his arrest for NOD. Perhaps, in this case, he should have been pardoned due to QM’s failure to deliver resources. However, it was not a prevacation, since I had IC reasons to believe Bravo, and SL as its leader did not perform their duties to optimal level. Regarding riot, multiple MPs were saying that “maries are trying to break into the brig”, and hence I have decided to declare code RED to allow MPs to arm up and protect the ship. As soon as CMP said that riot was already over, I have reduced code to Green.

“Screenshot from PREVIOUS ROUND showing the XO admitting to wanting to spoil a round.” - I was trying to be self-concious and make a joke, since marines were shouting that I always ruin operations, so I decided to make a joke that CO managed to do even worse job than me.

“Another previous round screenshot with the XO mutiny baiting - they’ve posted nearly this exact announcement in all 4 rounds I’ve seen them in over the last 3 days. They CONSTANTLY mention ‘Don’t mutiny me’ and making comments about mutiny and it’s like… so painfully obvious it’s the sole thing they’re after.” - Responding to CIC console screenshot. Marines in CIC were screaming for me to declare evac, so I had to make an announcement that I cannot do that. I mentioned mutiny because some marines OOC-ly wanted to mutiny and were mentioning in in the round indirectly. Later, it turned out that evac was actually NOT called by CO and shuttles did not launch.

“Screenshots from a round yesterday with blatant grief and mutiny bait.” - 1st screenshot, I gave orders for marines to build a large FOB and to NOT go to Hydro, explicitly. All other marines were quite far away from Hydro, and it was heavily captured by xenos, so I decided to not risk thinning out mega-FOB by sending large chunk of marines to Hydro, loosing entire FOB to get flanked and collapse. 2nd screenshot, Charlie SL explicitly decided to break my orders and let part of his squad to Hydro, failed to retrieve dead bodies and lost a couple of marines from his squad. Also putting FOB at risk by abandoning his post. I think that in that case insubordination was a rather light punishment.

“XO ordering my arrest and the SO calling the charges nonsense.” Not sure why arrest was ordered, but I always give MPs reasons for arrest. Perhaps round logs can shed some light.

“XO lying about evac being denied to mutiny bait, and CO correcting it.” 1st screenshot, I am sure that was a different round, so irrelevant to the report, but I am pretty sure it was due to me being outside of CIC when shuttle launched, so I run in and see that CIC is depowered, with no CO there. I ask why, Synth said CO orders. I do not realize that evac already called, presume that evac is not happening (because why the hell would you cut power to CIC and keep the tablet if you wanted everyone to evac). I later ordered to restore power to the CIC to declare evac, explicitly. 2nd screenshot, CO is correcting me, but I still ordered power to be restored and make sure evac is happening, because I could not verify that evac was active (that is the only real fault that I admit, I didn’t know how to verify evac was on without console access and CIC depowered).

“Oh, and there’s a shitload of other things I don’t have logs/screenshots for. Threatened to OB the marines via announcement in the stated round, too.” - I would like to see exactly what I said. I am usually sarcastic as XO, and due to me being constantly sarcastic, I expect marines to not take my “threat to OB them” as serious, unlike my threats to arrest them for insubordination for explicitly breaking my orders.

I might reply to comments under the post, even though not sure I am obligated to do so.

I was joking and being self-concious, due to some / a few marines considering me a “bad omen”. My other OOC comments are in the same self-concious vein.

(it seems like I cannot give more than 3 replies consecutively, so I will reply to more comments here)

@Lukas292001

“I have been in two rounds with him he seems to only care about himself and no one else. now I do believe he was doing this in character but there was one round when I was SEA, he tried to get me to answer one of his questions and I felt if I answered he question then he would imminently turn around and say to arrest me. After the CO let me speak my opinion on him deploying. I believe there needs some proper guidelines on how a XO should behave.” - I did not like that you, as SEA, tried to tell CO that I was a bad XO. Once I said that I will not be in charge of the operation and asked CO to deploy me for “moral boost”, you then changed to saying that CO should not allow me to deploy because “I will be killed / I will be a bad influence on marine”??? I did not charge you with any crime nor I ever tried or intended to do so. Not sure what that even supposed to mean, other than OOC grudge. Luckily CO was on my side and I ended up leading marine charge quite successfully, and we won said round.

@vitorthauma “In both rounds he gave illegal orders and was without a doubt mutiny baiting. Had to instruct the MPs under my command to ignore his orders since most of them were pretty much him telling us to use force on non-existant riots or to “make sure marines stay in req line under any circumstances”. He also tried to get MPs to deploy to the FOB roundstart to stay posted for arrests. Had to refuse to follow that order as well, as CMP.” - I would like to hear explanation for orders being “illegal”. If you meant that ordering MPs to perform groundside arrests on FOB is illegal because “FOB is not fully built up yet”, then examining how much FOB is built up is a subjective matter, and you as CMP had a right to overrule me based on your subjective view of FOB being safe/unsafe. I have agreed with your opinion. Me telling MPs to be “rough” with rule-breakers does not equate to me asking MPs to break the law or SOP, not sure why you are thinking this way. You can baton resisting marine, aka being “rough”, or you can try to talk with him and try to persuade him to calm down and to not resist. Either situation does not break SOP or Marine Law.

“He also ordered the arrest of a SL for trying and failing to complete his objective if Im not mistaken. I think someone actually posted a screenshot of this incident earlier. My character was Travis Hastings.” - Already answered this above.

“The CO ordered the APC for CIC to be cut when hijack was incoming and the XO Cherry immediately took this opportunity to try and imply the CO was maliciously preventing an evacuation order.” - As I already mentioned, I have no idea why would anyone depower CIC and escape somewhere with the only tablet unless he wants to hold self-destruct or lead the charge with all of the marines. I have seen COs doing it before multiple times. As I already mentioned, I later ordered to restore CIC power to call evac, which this Synth refused due to CO orders (which I understand).

“He is fully aware that is not what was going on, he’s clearly just trying to cause as much chaos as possible and has zero interest in the marine’s enjoyment in whichever round he is XO.” - I was literally unaware, my comments above prove that. Trying to play mind-games and “explaining” what I was thinking to make me look like a “shit-stirrer” is not productive and just shows you have some personal issues with me. Some marines actually say that my rounds are fun and unorthodox.

“XO was initially the aCO for the op and ordered no marine to cross the river. Later on in the round the CO Neumann joins and when he deploys he gives SO Aidel Curran senior access and explicitly tells him to hold down CIC in his absence, when informed of this the XO immediately tries to imprison SO Aidel Curran and when I quiz XO Cherry regarding his arrest he tells me SO Aidel Curran was being insubordinate and tried taking aCO so he arrested him. I asked him directly as a follow-up “Did Major Neumann make SO Aidel Curran the aCO before he deployed?” and he immediately tried to rule lawyer the situation and ignored my question. When I press him for an answer he then explicitly lies about the situation.” - I will start with pointing out that as soon as marines evacced you radioed me, asking “do I need moral support” while I was in perma DD, to which I said Yes. Once this synth came, I did not receive moral support, I received interrogation regarding what happened in the CIC and how I am “double triple sure CO did/said this”, implying that I am in the wrong, when by SOP, I was not. This shows quite malicious OOC reasons from this person. Now, moving to accusations. CO may have told to “hold down CIC” personally, not via radio, so when CO deployed, by Marine Law and SOP, I am became aCO. I came straight to CIC (CO knew about it), and then said SO told me to leave CIC. I, of cource, declined to follow his orders and told him to fall in line and get to the overwatch consoles to manage squads, which he explicitly refused. I then ordered MPs to arrest him for insubordination, after which CO overrulled me and put me on permanent DD for “being a threat to operation”, without clarifying the reason for thinking this way.

“For clarification Major Neumann charged Aidel with holding CIC when he deployed, the XO Cherry disregarded it and caused all this commotion for no reason and attempted to usurp CIC maliciously.” - as I aid, I was following SOP and Marine Law. CO never publicly announce said SO becoming aCO. He might have privately told him to “hold the CIC”, but it does not mean that he is now aCO.

Relevant logs posted. I have posted logs regarding the XO that covers the entire round to contextualize their actions. If you believe I have missed any information or have misconstrued something important for your case, please contact me on Discord.

I will only be pulling logs for the round being referenced in the OP.

Involved Parties
River Cherry | Accused | TimesAndPlaces | Executive Officer
Garlic Iddleson | Reporting Player | TheSheerAudacity | Bravo Squad Leader

Ancillary Involved Parties (Ckeys ommited)
Booker Peralta | Commanding Officer

Start of the round the XO presents their unorthodox orders.
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:00:27.644 19494 SAY SAY: River Cherry [Command]: DPs, listen up. Normandy is transport. (CKEY: TimesAndPlaces) (JOB)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:00:30.585 19494 SAY SAY: River Cherry [Command]: Alamo is CAS. (CKEY: TimesAndPlaces) (JOB: Executive Officer)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:00:33.610 19494 SAY SAY: River Cherry [Command]: LZ2 is main. (CKEY: TimesAndPlaces) (JOB: Executive Officer)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:08:30.957 19494 SAY SAY: River Cherry [1]: So, here is the plan. (CKEY: TimesAndPlaces) (JOB: Executive Officer)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:08:40.510 19494 SAY SAY: River Cherry [1]: I think Charlie will be FOB duty. (CKEY: TimesAndPlaces) (JOB: Executive Officer)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:08:47.257 19494 SAY SAY: River Cherry [1]: Bravo will fix comms. (CKEY: TimesAndPlaces) (JOB: Executive Officer)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:08:58.677 19494 SAY SAY: River Cherry [1]: And Delta and Alpha will go to Tornado ship. (CKEY: TimesAndPlaces) (JOB: Executive Officer)
XO anticipates this will be unpopular, orders the MPs to prepare for arrests and to prepare for FOB duty
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:06:02.301 19494 SAY SAY: River Cherry [1]: You might also have to perform arrests. (CKEY: TimesAndPlaces) (JOB: Executive Officer)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:06:11.668 19494 SAY SAY: River Cherry [1]: FOB arrests, I mean. (CKEY: TimesAndPlaces) (JOB: Executive Officer)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:06:04.891 19494 SAY SAY: River Cherry [1]: So be ready. (CKEY: TimesAndPlaces) (JOB: Executive Officer)
Rifleman Enzo takes note of these orders, and declares they are going to go to the CIC to beat up the XO
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:09:45.368 19494 SAY SAY: Enzo Cello [1]: Dafoe both ships can go anywhere (JOB: Rifleman)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:10:08.361 19494 SAY SAY: Enzo Cello [1]: No they chose lz2 and we’re going with alamo () (JOB: Rifleman)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:10:58.935 19494 SAY SAY: Enzo Cello [1]: Can you open CIC () (JOB: Rifleman)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:11:05.525 19494 SAY SAY: Enzo Cello [1]: Im gonna beat the XO up () (JOB: Rifleman)
Rifleman Enzo enters the CIC and begins wordlessly attacking the XO. The other staff officers come to the defence of the XO.
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:11:34.603 19494 ATTACK ATTACK: (Enzo Cello) disarmed TimesAndPlaces/(River Cherry) in the �Combat Information Center (96,151,3).
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:11:37.187 19494 ATTACK ATTACK: (Synan ‘Polo’ Kal) disarmed (Enzo Cello) in the �Combat Information Center (97,151,3).
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:11:39.232 19494 ATTACK ATTACK: (Kaith ‘Firebat’ Thane) disarmed (Enzo Cello) in the �Combat Information Center (97,150,3).
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:11:37.228 19494 ATTACK ATTACK: (Enzo Cello) punched TimesAndPlaces/(River Cherry) in the �Combat Information Center (96,151,3).
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:11:52.992 19494 ATTACK ATTACK: (Kaith ‘Firebat’ Thane) shot (Enzo Cello) with a squash-head pistol bullet in the �Combat Information Center
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:11:43.395 19494 SAY SAY: River Cherry [MP]: MP to CIC. (CKEY: TimesAndPlaces) (JOB: Executive Officer)

I’ve cut out most of the attack logs, but as noted above it appears proper escalation was adhered to be all parties

The CO, who arrives late, notices the fight, see's the SO firing at the Rifleman, and battlefield executes the SO.
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:11:57.467 19494 ATTACK ATTACK: (Booker Peralta) shot (Kaith ‘Firebat’ Thane) with .454 heavy high-impact revolver bullet in the �Combat Information Center
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:11:58.674 19494 ATTACK ATTACK: (Booker Peralta) shot (Kaith ‘Firebat’ Thane) with .454 heavy high-impact revolver bullet in the �Combat Information Center
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:12:02.674 19494 ATTACK ATTACK: Kaith ‘Firebat’ Thane has died to execution at the �Combat Information Center from Booker Peralta
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:12:02.676 19494 ATTACK ATTACK: (Booker Peralta) battlefield executed (Kaith ‘Firebat’ Thane) at �Combat Information Center.

I did a brief investigation regarding this battlefield execution and ascertained it was investigated and resolved by another in-game staff member, I won’t be including those logs as they fall outside of this report.

The CO takes command and disregards most of the XO's prior plans, the only one of the XO's orders that is not countermanded is changing the transport ship to Normandy, due to a lack of time to make the change.
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:20:45.656 19494 SAY SAY: Booker Peralta [Command]: Keep Alamo as transport. () (JOB: Commanding Officer)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:20:50.280 19494 SAY SAY: Booker Peralta [Command]: We don’t have time to change now. () (JOB: Commanding Officer)

The CO issues very standard orders

Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:14:44.780 19494 ADMIN ADMIN: /(Booker Peralta) used a megaphone to say: >Men, I'm sorry for the delay.<
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:14:57.377 19494 ADMIN ADMIN: /(Booker Peralta) used a megaphone to say: >Let us get down to business down- Take your seats please.<
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:15:17.471 19494 ADMIN ADMIN: /(Booker Peralta) used a megaphone to say: >We'll drop on LZ2 after which Bravo will take over LZ security.<
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:15:40.797 19494 ADMIN ADMIN: /(Booker Peralta) used a megaphone to say: >Alpha will be moving Southwest to fix Comms in Mining.<
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:15:58.251 19494 ADMIN ADMIN: /(Booker Peralta) used a megaphone to say: >Charlie and Delta will move as one North before checking on the Tunnels.<

The XO mostly does background stuff for the moment, such as relaying instructions or talking about the CO BEing the SO.

I found no reference to the XO or CO talking about requisitions in any capacity.

After the FOB is evacuated, the XO states an order to have Bravo SL arrested for NOD
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:35:17.024 19494 SAY SAY: River Cherry [MP]: CMP, can we arrest Bravo SL for incompetence? (CKEY: TimesAndPlaces) (JOB: Executive Officer)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:35:25.400 19494 SAY SAY: River Cherry [MP]: Neglect of duty or something. (CKEY: TimesAndPlaces) (JOB: Executive Officer)
Bravo SL is unhappy with the order but is compliant and surrenders to the MP's willingly.
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:36:21.268 19494 SAY SAY: Garlic Iddleson [General]: Certified River Cherry moment. () (JOB: Squad Leader)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:36:23.694 19494 SAY SAY: Garlic Iddleson [General]: I’ll come though. () (JOB: Squad Leader)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:36:36.563 19494 SAY SAY: GaGarlic Iddlesonon [General]: I’ll come up. () (JOB: Squad Leader)
SL requests an appeal and a prevarication charge to be issued to the XO
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:37:58.393 19494 SAY SAY: Garlic Iddleson [1]: I’d like to immediately appeal and file prevarication charges against the XO. () (JOB: Squad Leader)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:38:19.051 19494 SAY SAY: Garlic Iddleson [1]: Happy to be arrested but it’s a nonsense charge. () (JOB: Squad Leader)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:38:56.710 19494 SAY SAY: Garlic Iddleson [1]: Feel free to brig me, I’m in no rush. () (JOB: Squad Leader)
The CO, being informed of the appeal, initially attempts to make the CMP handle it, but he appears to change his mind and goes to handle the appeal themselves
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:38:44.543 19494 SAY SAY: Booker Peralta [Command]: I’m not updated on Bravo lead’s arrest but I want you to investigate it, CMO. () (JOB: Commanding Officer)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:38:47.464 19494 SAY SAY: Booker Peralta [Command]: CMP rather. () (JOB: Commanding Officer)
The CO and SL discuss the situation, it ends with the CO ordering the SL's release
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:39:22.393 19494 SAY SAY: Booker Peralta [1]: What for. () (JOB: Commanding Officer)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:39:28.039 19494 SAY SAY: Garlic Iddleson [1]: XO ordered arrest for NoD. Couldn’t do anything and we had no materials. () (JOB: Squad Leader)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:39:32.453 19494 SAY SAY: Garlic Iddleson [1]: Never left FoB. () (JOB: Squad Leader)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:39:36.730 19494 SAY SAY: Garlic Iddleson [1]: Just a nonsense charge, really. () (JOB: Squad Leader)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:39:38.546 19494 SAY SAY: Booker Peralta [1]: Did he state a reason. () (JOB: Commanding Officer)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:39:53.624 19494 SAY SAY: Garlic Iddleson [1]: None I’m aware of. I’m pretty sure he’s just looking for someone to blame. () (JOB: Squad Leader)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:40:27.845 19494 SAY SAY: Booker Peralta [1]: What did XO state you were being charged for under that NoD. () (JOB: Commanding Officer)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:40:31.386 19494 SAY SAY: Garlic Iddleson [1]: Yeah, I get that. I just want to appeal. () (JOB: Squad Leader)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:40:35.918 19494 SAY SAY: Garlic Iddleson [1]: And no idea Major, I wasn’t told. () (JOB: Squad Leader)
ov 12, 2023 @ 18:40:40.911 19494 SAY SAY: Garlic Iddleson [1]: Just told I was being arrested for NoD. () (JOB: Squad Leader)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:41:09.684 19494 SAY SAY: Booker Peralta [1]: Let him go. () (JOB: Commanding Officer)
The SL has a few final words on the subject before hijack starts
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:41:29.302 19494 SAY SAY: Garlic Iddleson [General]: Alright, I’m out of Brig. () (JOB: Squad Leader)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:41:50.307 19494 SAY SAY: Garlic Iddleson [General]: If you see the XO, feel free to put one in his back. () (JOB: Squad Leader)

While this is all happening, the XO is dealing with a report a Specialist survived, and is trying to have the Alamo (the CAS DS) sent to retrieve them, including sending announcements

In regards to the riot situation, the CMP alerts the XO that there is a riot in progress, however the other MP's believe the CMP is mistaken
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:38:32.105 19494 SAY SAY: Todd Douglas [MP]: Yes, riot at brig () (JOB: Chief MP)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:39:48.779 19494 SAY SAY: Travis Hastings [Almayer]: False. () (JOB: Military Police)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:39:50.924 19494 SAY SAY: Travis Hastings [Almayer]: No riots. () (JOB: Military Police)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:39:56.485 19494 SAY SAY: Wayne Durstine [MP]: The fuck you mean riot? () (JOB: Military Police)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:40:00.259 19494 SAY SAY: Travis Hastings [MP]: I never said they did. You fired for no reason. () (JOB: Military Police)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:40:01.220 19494 SAY SAY: Wayne Durstine [1]: There’s NO RIOT () (JOB: Military Police)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:40:05.004 19494 SAY SAY: Koki ‘Koi’ Mamoru [MP]: I can confirm there is infact, no riot. () (JOB: Military Police)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:40:10.201 19494 SAY SAY: Travis Hastings [MP]: You said there is a riot, CMP. You’re both incompetent. () (JOB: Military Police)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:40:11.167 19494 SAY SAY: Todd Douglas [MP]: Riot over already () (JOB: Chief MP)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:40:16.390 19494 SAY SAY: Travis Hastings [MP]: There was never a riot. () (JOB: Military Police)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:40:18.240 19494 SAY SAY: Todd Douglas [MP]: There was a short break in attempt () (JOB: Chief MP)
The XO takes the CMP's advice and issues warnings for a riot. But once they hear there is no riot by the other MPs they stand down.
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:38:20.850 19494 SAY SAY: River Cherry [MP]: MPs, make sure marines are not rioting. (CKEY: TimesAndPlaces) (JOB: Executive Officer)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:38:29.014 19494 SAY SAY: River Cherry [MP]: I allow being rough to ensure order. (CKEY: TimesAndPlaces) (JOB: Executive Officer)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:38:41.283 19494 SAY SAY: River Cherry [MP]: Use batons and tear gas. (CKEY: TimesAndPlaces) (JOB: Executive Officer)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:39:25.520 19494 GAME GAME: TimesAndPlaces/(River Cherry) triggered and TimesAndPlaces/(River Cherry) confirmed event Red alert
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:39:42.668 19494 ANNOUNCEMENT ANNOUNCEMENT: TimesAndPlaces/(River Cherry) has announced the following: Riot at Brig. All MPs, get there.
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:39:56.908 19494 SAY SAY: River Cherry [MP]: Mps said there is riot. (CKEY: TimesAndPlaces) (JOB: Executive Officer)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:40:36.860 19494 ANNOUNCEMENT ANNOUNCEMENT: TimesAndPlaces/(River Cherry) has announced the following: Ok, riot is already over. Good work MPs!
CO orders marines to reinforce lifeboats, and orders the USCM Synthetic to cut the power to CIC. The XO misses this and seems to believe the CO is not ordering evac.
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:41:36.268 19494 ANNOUNCEMENT ANNOUNCEMENT: /(Booker Peralta) has announced the following: ALL TROOPS PROCEED TO THE LIFEBOAT HALL AND REINFORCE THE AREA. PREPARE TO HOLD THE PUMPS CLOSEST TO THE BOATS.
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:41:37.718 19494 GAME GAME: /(Booker Peralta) has called for an emergency evacuation.
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:41:41.138 19494 SAY SAY: Booker Peralta [1]: Holiday. () (JOB: Commanding Officer)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:41:44.508 19494 SAY SAY: Booker Peralta [1]: Kill CIC’s APC. () (JOB: Commanding Officer)
The XO seems to miss or ignore this announcement and believes the CO is denying evac.
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:43:09.196 19494 SAY SAY: River Cherry [1]: FIX IT. (CKEY: TimesAndPlaces) (JOB: Executive Officer)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:43:20.567 19494 SAY SAY: River Cherry [Almayer]: MAJOR DENIED EVAC. (CKEY: TimesAndPlaces) (JOB: Executive Officer)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:43:26.853 19494 SAY SAY: River Cherry [Almayer]: MAJOR ORDERED CIC TO CUT POWER. (CKEY: TimesAndPlaces) (JOB: Executive Officer)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:43:29.580 19494 SAY SAY: River Cherry [Almayer]: NO EVAC. (CKEY: TimesAndPlaces) (JOB: Executive Officer)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:43:32.708 19494 SAY SAY: River Cherry [Almayer]: MAJOR ORDERS. (CKEY: TimesAndPlaces) (JOB: Executive Officer)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:43:43.111 19494 SAY SAY: River Cherry [Almayer]: Synth said CO orders to cut CiC power. (CKEY: TimesAndPlaces) (JOB: Executive Officer)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:43:51.719 19494 SAY SAY: River Cherry [Almayer]: Get to CIC. (CKEY: TimesAndPlaces) (JOB: Executive Officer)
Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:43:54.167 19494 SAY SAY: River Cherry [Almayer]: Fix power! (CKEY: TimesAndPlaces) (JOB: Executive Officer)

CO sends another announcement ordering evac, which the XO noticed, they then order their group of marines to go to lifeboats.

At this point, everyone is now focusing on the hijack, however I did notice the SL did fire one bullet at the XO near the end of the round.

Nov 12, 2023 @ 18:46:55.483 19494 ATTACK ATTACK: TheSheerAudacity/(Garlic Iddleson) shot TimesAndPlaces/(River Cherry) with an armor-piercing rifle bullet in the �Lifeboat Docking Port

The lifeboat was not yet launched, there are no other combat logs to indicate the SL was firing at someone else and the SL was able to pause to shout orders immediately after firing this shot. On the balance of probabilities I’d argue this was intentional.

The XO was healed by the CMO, and survives the round.

1 Like

Added report:needverdict and removed report:pendinglogs