Rockwell Banned

In light of recent events I have decided to make this post.

I am going to preface this with the following.

THIS IS NOT A CALL TO ACTION. DO NOT HARASS ANYONE MENTIONED HEREIN OR IT MAY RESULT IN YOU BEING BANNED BY STAFF. THIS POST IS NOT MEANT TO INCITE ANY SORT OF MOVEMENT, OR USURP THE STAFF STRUCTURE OF THE COMMUNITY. THIS IS JUST A DISCUSSION.

Now to talk.

Recently, a popular CO, and a recent a council member was banned for reportedly being transphobic inside of another discord. This cannot be confirmed or proven due to the lack of evidence given to the community. The reason for the lack of evidence?

ā€œI canā€™t show it because I know you guys will harass the victim if you know who it isā€

It is also stated that ā€œhead staff are busyā€ and that the screenshots are ā€œin a restricted channelā€

Now, seeing as this situation has become quite a polarizing topic on the discord, what are the ā€˜Head Adminsā€™ so busy with that this is deemed less important? Withholding evidence from the community makes it seem as if the ban is disingenuous and malicious. If the evidence is incriminating of them, then why not post it? The harassment of the victim? Censoring is a tool that has been used in previous situations, has it not? And Harassment of the victim? Why would the victim be harassed. If they did nothing wrong, then there is nothing for them to be harassed about.

Now, I would like to end this with saying that I am not saying anyone is either in the wrong or the right in this situation. I am simply laying out the facts that can be proven at this time. Others may speculate about what is happening, but that is not my intention here. Regardless, I would like to see at least some sort of managerial response to this that isnā€™t just ā€œYou donā€™t need to knowā€ or ā€œJust trust usā€ or ā€œWe have the final sayā€ as those are inadequate answers that are used to dodge the question. Thank you, and have a wonderful day.

6 Likes

Here is an update that INCLUDES A SCREENSHOT of what they said on the forums. I am not giving my opinion on what they said at this time, nor will I in the future. Imgur: The magic of the Internet

2 Likes

link no work

1 Like

Thread lock speedrun Any%

8 Likes

This post will contain all images of messages.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s real, I saw it before it was deleted.
Itā€™s what this

was referring to.

Heh

[I think this is even funnier because I didnā€™t even see their response before they deleted it, and also didnā€™t call anybody transphobic: just lazy. I play manly looking chicks in the game too because people calling my heavy-armor-full-helmet broad a dude is funny in a sea of people playing brodudes trying to be the manliest marine].

2 Likes

It was just posted in the discord by a staff member, so I am sharing it here.

1 Like

10 Likes

Can you not shitpost please.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry but if thatā€™s the evidence then this isnā€™t transphobic.

Thereā€™s nothing outwardly negative towards anyoneā€™s trans identity here.

3 Likes

Holy shit they banned Misti Rockwell, a promiment CO Councilor and didnā€™t even have the balls to announce it to the community. I have to find out that a permanent ban given to probably the most vocal CO Councilor for transphobiaā€¦ from a fucking forum post.

CM Collapse speedrun.

14 Likes

its over brosā€¦
its so over cm brosā€¦

third fleet loreā€¦ GONEā€¦

its overā€¦

8 Likes

Bro dropped the hardest Trump edit and thought we wouldnā€™t notice.

3 Likes

Sheā€™s not perfect but she isnā€™t transphobic (based on the evidence in here) and sheā€™s really passionate about this community, itā€™s literally a shot in foot to immediately eject her without a serious look at things, a suspension of some kind first but not this so quickly.

7 Likes

Im sorry but this is fully transphobia. through and through

5 Likes

big-cap-cap-ezgif.com-optimize

1 Like

I never said she was and I disagreed with her on some things but fully throwing her out the window is way too fast and way too thoughtless.

How will the CO whitelist recover now?

3 Likes

In what way exactly?

2 Likes

As iā€™m writing this, she just got banned of discord.

1 Like