Separate Working Joe Whitelist

To start, this was previously a discussion on the discord when ideasguys was there, and it concluded in a pretty resounding “I dunno, maybe, I guess”, but new forum new me, so…

I feel it may prove prudent to open up a separate, shorter Whitelist, for players who solely want to play Working Joes. Before I am informed that you can just apply for Synth WL, I have been told one million different times that applying for Synth just to play as a Working Joe is “uncool”, and I think a person whose primary objective is to be able to play a Working Joe will not create as interesting of a synthetic character as someone who organically is interested in playing a synth.

In my opinion, I could see the Working Joe being a great “trial Whitelist” for players who are interested in becoming a synthetic, but have little roleplay and application experience, allowing players to step out of their comfort zones in terms of RP and explore playing “characters” who are not at all human, and being able to develop ideas for quirks and synthetics from there. As well, it would be a great and non-intimidating way for newer players to the community to approach applying for separate roles. I don’t see any harm coming from this, but feel free to discuss.

You always know a Working Joe.

4 Likes

Not staff but last I heard and this should still be the case but staff dont wanna make more whitelist.

2 Likes

Staff said hard no to additional Whitelists.

3 Likes

I’m repeating what the other two people in this thread’s replies said but it’s a hard no for more whitelists, at least from the current staff team. Working Joe as a role (currently) doesn’t have much for you to do besides cleaning and saying random voice lines, it really doesn’t need its own council, or to have the synth council manage an entirely different subset of applications. You can have a lot more fun with MT if cleaning is what you want to do, as it isn’t nearly as restrictive.

If you feel intimidated when it comes to applying for a whitelist, just talk to the councilors of said whitelist, they’d be more than happy to help you. I can guarantee that almost all of the time, talking to and following the advice of a whitelist council results in your application being accepted.

This could all change at some point in the future, but as it stands, I don’t think Working Joe is going to be getting a separate whitelist.

4 Likes

Why… why whitelist it? Just make it a role for people who’ve died, and stuff. Way cooler. No WL needed.

3 Likes

To be perfectly blunt here? 90 percent who want to play working Joe’s are usually people who play MT and do nothing but meme on the mps.

Like legitimately a working Joe is an MT that actually maintains the ship without any personality or character and significant restrictions.

It’s under the synth wl for a very good reason.

3 Likes

Playing a working Joe and following its rules is brain-dead simple. Working jobs should not require a whitelist to start with. you are a glorified vacuum cleaner who says one-liner. if people can’t follow simple instructions on how to act as a WJ and behave accordingly then it’s easy to deal with.

1 Like

Why don’t you just apply for synth it’s pretty easy

2 Likes

Trust issues. Its hard to not trust salty Dchatters to not do stupid shit when they come back as a Joe.

Although it would genuinely be funny if there are no rulings you have to abide to when playing as a Joe, and you can just attack people shipside at random. It would make for great RP and a challange for shipside crew to deal with. The lore explanation would just be that the Joes errored and went rogue.

It would be genuinely funny and great RP and whatnot to just tell hordes of salty delta pvts in deathchat to spawn in as working joe and “Yeah, do whatever and smash in the skull of the shipside people for great RP”? That might be an interesting event, but I do not want a random working joe with very high armor and health to just beat in random heads, get killed, respawn and repeat.

Doesn’t really need to be a whitelist just give it a long timelock.

Like aces said some time ago, working joes are a role which actually doesn’t start a chairfight because of everything and requires a good bit of RP, and I don’t think many players want to see jobbans handed out because they robusted someone as working joe or didn’t use the one-liners.

it is a hard no to more whitelists

4 Likes

Timelock it to MT then

MTs are assistant-level greytiders, no roleplay job like working joe. I don’t think there is a RP role similar to working joe.

2 Likes

Correct. Time locking it to MT is a terrible idea. Earn the Synth WL if you want to play as Working Joe.

2 Likes

Millions must gatekeep. MT is the organic version of working Joe. Just enforce rp standards better.

1 Like

How would you “enforce RP standards”? The MT is a role without anything to do and that ends in a greytider, do you want to get bwoinked for unholstering your gun or breaking windows or things like that?

1 Like

They enforced the MP standards surely enforcing a working joe role should be easy?

Decision was made. No new WL. Nothing is going to be moved.

1 Like