What is your Discord username?

dad_lips

What characters do you play on CM-SS13?

Mack Darin

Are you 16 or older?

Yes

Timezone:

CDT

On average, how many hours are you available to moderate in an average week?

20+

Qualifications:

Do you have previous experience in game or community moderation?

Sure, but I haven’t moderated any communities in over 10 years.

Provide any links to any previous CM-SS13 whitelist, mentor or staff applications:

https://forum.cm-ss13.com/t/mentor-application-smellyhippie/3370/11

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on CM-SS13?

Only an MP job ban (left without cryoing.)

Can you actively engage and communicate with the team through Discord?

Yes

Final Details:

Why would you like to join the CM-SS13 staff team?

I’ll be as up front as possible here. I’d like access to moderator tools so that I can Mentor+. There have been numerous times where just a few moderator tools would’ve helped me out greatly, and no moderators were available(renaming players, medical dummy). That being said I’m more than willing to handle ahelps whenever necessary, and I’m interested in learning how log diving works, not sure if I’ll enjoy that yet though.

I’ll admit I’ve been apprehensive about moderatorship. It’s not something I intended to apply for this soon, but part of me wants to jump the hurdle and give it a try.

What makes you a great addition to Staff? (Experienced Tabletop DM, Aliens Lore Buff, Super Organized, etc.?)

I’ve been around SS13 since 2012. I’ve never been in trouble/banned (yes, I have been warned), but I’ve also never taken a chance to prove myself.
The closest thing I have to any concrete moderator expierience recently is a discord server I set up for 30 IRL friends, but I don’t really have to take any action on it.
Sure, I’ve admined garrysmod & minecraft servers 10+ years ago, but that’s about it.
Also I’m familiar with SS13 server moderator/admin tools from running a server locally, but I’m sure there’s beyond a load more to learn.

Frankly I’d just like to help out. Since this seems like a personal question I’ll end it by saying that while I don’t interact with the community much, I’m really attenative

In your opinion, what is the most important quality of a CM-SS13 staff member?

Definitely patience. I was once mentoring someone who is more than likely sticky banned. The first time they killed me I was asked if I wanted to continue mentoring them. I said yes, and even though they went on to kill me again I was glad they got a second chance. At the end of the day I’m just here to relax, If someone effects my game negatively I don’t mind, to the point where you may find I’m too lenient. However, I am willing to take action when necessary, especially when someone elses time is being ruined.

Anything else you want to add?

Thank you for considering my application. I am prepared to recieve your hardest moderator questions.
omg hi biolock

4 Likes

This man mentors hard.

Half the new players on the server in the last month must’ve been taught by him.

I believe, even just as a “mentor+” as he puts it, he’d be a boon to the staff team.

+1!

Looks good to me, got good vibes +1

Greatest SEA known to man, he’s an awesome guy IC and OOC! Glad to see you applying and I know you’ll succeed!

Fat +1

Mack Darin is awesome to interact with both IC and OOC, guy is knowledgeable on a lot of topics, and overall super cool person.

+1

An excellent Mentor/SEA and a wonderful person to be around both IC and OOC. He has plenty of knowledge on game mechanics and I have no doubt he’ll be able to enforce the rules to the same degree, even if it’s just as a Mentor+.

+1

Omg Hi Hippie!

I could say any number of things about Hippie to bolster his recommendation, but I think everyone is already well aware of your service to the server.

+1

I love Mack with all my marine heart, he wasn’t the one to teach me but I’ve been with him multiple times when he teaches (primarily medbay). And Jesus Christ is this a good guy, I think he’d make a good level head for the moderation team, even if he’s level headed to the point of boredom IC.
+1

1 Like

Good attitude, knows a lot, very active. You’d be an idiot for not taking him on.

+1

In the time I’ve known him, he’s been nothing but a pleasant mentor, SEA, QM, and an all around amazing person. If Mack does not get the moderator role, I will commit arson.

/j

+1

A mentor asked if he would show up to my bootcamp event by saying “will Mack Darin be there”, when i pressed what he meant he said “I love him so much the best SEA”

His reputation preceedes him, and for that fact alone hes well worthy of the position

+1

I hate being a parrot of everyone else but it’s simply just true that this player is trustworthy and a great SEA/mentor who I would love to see be given the chance to be a moderator.
+1

Heya! I’ve looked over this application, the replies to it and some other stuff and I think I’m ready to resolve this application.

The amount of community support is great. Being a mentor is also a big plus already, and you really are a great mentor helping out a ton of players and getting in a ton of SEA hours.
I also dont think there have been any issues during the time that you were a mentor.

One of the recent LRP notes you got in august is a bit concerning, but it seems to be an outlier and not a sign of consistent LRP behaviour. So I’m not too worried about it.

I’ll admit that I’m a bit biased since I personally have liked playing with you during the rounds that I did play with you. And I already supported your mentor application.
But even looking past that bias I do think objectively you will make a great moderator. So I’ll be accepting this application. Keep an eye on your discord DMs as I’ll be reaching out to you there.

Added mod:approved and removed mod:waiting