What is your Bancode?

Admin who banned you?

SmellyHippie

Total Ban Duration

31 days

Remaining Duration

What other servers do you play on?

N/A

Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?

Paradise

Do you play using a Virtual Machine?

No

is your copy of Windows legitimate?

No

Reason for Ban:

The note is : Rule 1, again. Said the same exact thing they said last time which netted them a 7 day ban. Stop saying erotic things.
If you believe this was filed in error or misplaced, make a staff report at The CM Forums
You can also click the name of the staff member noting you to PM them.

Links to previous appeals:

Your appeal:

I was in front of the CC refeering to this very known video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdIT74L8hGI ;that’s all the context and also the “erotic” context.

And about the «Said the same exact thing they said last time which netted them a 7 day ban. Stop saying erotic things.». SmellyHippie it’s refeering to a note that it’s kind of poorly redacted. To the reader, it seems I was shouting all type of sexual things to any random marine I could encounter. What actually happened was the CT made a joke including a sexual comparassion which I followed with a literal and rough translation of a fixed expression in other language. Yes, in both cases was sexual (not erotic) talking. But the context given by the note changes a lot from the actual context.

I’m sure my man thinks I have some kind of fetish shouting all kind of sexual shit. If he would had talked to me before the ban, he could have discovered I was just refeering to a viral video and conversation could have been like: “yeah even if you are recreating a funny scene it’s still sexual talking”, “oh okay, np, sorry”.

“But this game is played by kids also, ain’t obvious you can’t say those things?” Yeah, as much obvious as a kid’s game that includes delimbing and gore mechanichs with a very carefully written description. And also as much obvious as a kid’s game where you can emote scratches his nuts and where there is magazines with bikini girls in the bunkers and in a certain bathroom. What a monster I am traumatizing 16 yo infants with free acces to internet!

To my judging, the joke refeering said video could fit in the euphemism rule: “Euphemisms that also have a sexual meaning are allowed in non-sexual contexts. Common terms or phrases like “Suck my dick” are fine, as long as saying such is not a literal invitation or solicitation to do so.”. Maybe the problem it’s I considered almost every person with internet acces has seen it and would see it as a pure joke instead of sexual talking or an invitation to do so.

P.D.: Erotic implies the intention to arouse sexually someone. Erotic joke it’s not the same as sexual joke. “sexual things” and “sexual joke” would fit in this context more.

2 Likes

Heya, I’m the admin handling this appeal.

Unfortuantely, I am going to be denying this appeal. This type of talk is definitely crossing the line here. We understand common euphemisms such as ‘suck my dick’. However, what you said has a very specific context. Due to this, it is going to be more or less interpreted as a literal invitation to do so.

Added appeal:denied and removed appeal:waiting