What is your Discord username?
stalkerino#1121

What characters do you play on CM-SS13?
Vu Thuc Quyen, Zoey Dominguez, Alizee A.W Mistral,

Are you 16 or older?
Yes

Timezone:
GMT +4

On average, how many hours are you available to moderate in an average week?
Around 15

Qualifications:

Do you have previous experience in game or community moderation?
I’ve moderated multiple discord and game servers, mostly on Garry’s mod

Provide any links to any previous CM-SS13 whitelist, mentor or staff applications:
Accepted stalkerino - Yautja Application - Accepted Pred WL

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on CM-SS13?
No, I don’t have a single note.

Can you actively engage and communicate with the team through Discord?
Yes.

Final Details:

Why would you like to join the CM-SS13 staff team?
I wish to make the server better by assisting the staff team.

What makes you a great addition to Staff? (Experienced Tabletop DM, Aliens Lore Buff, Super Organized, etc.?)
Despite lacking any actual experience with SS13 moderation, I feel like my experience with other platforms will give me an advantage.
I’m also able to handle pressure well, I’m able to multi-task, and learn relatively quickly.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality of a CM-SS13 staff member?
A staff member in general should always try to be understanding and find common ground.
They should try their best to uphold themselves as a respectable person too.

Anything else you want to add?
N/A

7 Likes

Solid player with a great community reputation. I can +1 this.

2 Likes

Player has shown consistent quality in being a great IC RP’er, following the rules, and generally being a great person. They’re known in the community and are trustworthy enough to not fuck up. Give them moderator. +1

3 Likes

in all honesty, they are shown to be good at RP, have really good rep in the community and have shown to follow the rules consistently BIGGG +1

1 Like

Awesome person, cool headed and huge rper.

easy +1

3 Likes

This player has been around the community for a good bit now and has showcased consistent level-headedness. I cannot think of a single person that has issues with them, which their perfect note record should confirm. They are just generally a very amazing person to be around.

I believe they’d be a perfect fit for the staff team.

+1

2 Likes

Great person to interact with in game and everyone said what needs to be said. +1

2 Likes

Hello!

I don’t see why this player has to wait, they’re an overall nice person and the interactions I’ve had with this user didn’t leave any negative view on them. Unsure when they obtained their whitelist for Yautja, pretty easy to make an oops on involving the rules of the Honor Code yet they never run into any problems at all. They don’t break rules and with the proper training and understand on how to do the behind the scenes work with moderating, I think this player could bring some positive changes. +1

2 Likes

stalkerino is a good, contributing member of the community that knows how to frag, roleplay, and be funny. i’ve personally had nothing but pleasant experiences with them. they would make for a great addition to CM staff. +1

4 Likes

I know stalkerino from outside of CM, they’re a good player, amicable, know the game mechanics well. +1

3 Likes

Quite the reputable player I think they would do well to be a part of CM’s staff team. They have proven themselves to be competent in all aspects and I have no worries they will be able to be a good mod. Big +1 from me.

4 Likes

+1.
A very ‘down-to-earth’ kinda guy that you could trust with a loaded weapon - or more appropiately, a banhammer.

4 Likes

+1
I fully believe stalkerino is capable of upholding the rules in a just and fair way, as well they’re an awesome person that can be trusted.

3 Likes

I recently started playing a character named Verna A.W. Sabre too, more frequently than others.

1 Like

as it’s been said 9000 times on this application before, I don’t think there’s a single person more appropriate for an opportunity in the CM staff team, she is a next level extremely cool headed reasonable person who I can say without a doubt can handle themselves under the stress that staff members may feel from time to time, mod her now +1

3 Likes

Hello. While there have been many players vouching for your community behavior, nobody has stepped in to gauge your knowledge of server rules or how you would preform in a professional setting. With that in mind, I have a few questions for you:

Hi, thank you for applying! I don’t see you around too much in the main discord, so I’d like to ask some questions to see your thought process (there isn’t necessarily a wrong answer):

1. There’s a well-known medic that we all love to have around. Earlier on in the round, you even had a nice interaction with them to catch on how they’ve been. Later into the round, however, you get an ahelp from someone saying that the medic just OD’d them and zipcuff’d them. Upon investigating the what-and-why, you realize that the player who ahelped was beating up a doctor without any previous interactions. To subdue them though, the medic OD’d the player on inaprovaline, which is considered lethal force on our server for being an overdose. Tell me your thinking on the following:
  • What do you think is the right thing to do for the medic? They were acting under good intentions but still broke our rules.
  • What do you think you should do about the rough player? They were being LRP but is also protected under our rules.
  • Share me your thoughts if you do want to outside the box.
  1. A player new to the server gets into a disagreement with two other players while waiting for briefing. The two players are insulting the player’s loudout and shoving him around. The new player, frustrated, wordlessly takes out their rifle and starts hitting them with their rifle trying to shoot them. The other two players notice his intention (and failure) and draw their weapons as well. A firefight breaks out and the new player ends up losing, and the other players take it upon themselves to decap the new player. As the staff member handling this situation, tell me how you’d approach this:
  • Who’s in the wrong and how?
  • Tell me how you’d handle the new player if he was coherent and willing to respond to PMs.
  • Who is the one protected by our rules?
  1. Let’s paint a picture. In our server, if a group of people is breaking our rules, they are still subject to moderation even if only one player involved does not enjoy the interaction. Basically that means if 5 people are bullying one SO, it still doesn’t make it right under our community expectations. With that in mind, tell me where there could be an exception to this situation. I’d like to here your thoughts to where you believe it would be fair to allow a group violating community expectations to continue shenanigans.

2. Let’s turn the tides: paint a picture for me this time. Think of a situation where you were involved/a witness to a very difficult situation inside the game. It could involve the server rules, marine law, combat, or even an interaction between players or a department. I’d like to hear your thinking in what you gauged to be in the wrong and what you believed to be the morally correct solution in opposition to someone with a higher defined position of authority.

1 Like

Hi, thank you for taking the time out of your day to ask me these interesting questions.

1. Investigate both sides by checking their note history, gauge how much harm he actually inflicted on the doctor
  2. Make it clear that an admin is taking care of the situation by notifying them with the “bwoink”
  3. Explain to the medic that jumping from zipties to killing is improper escalation, whilst hearing out them out at the same time.
  4. Explain to the rapscallion that whilst the other party is at fault – they are at fault too, wordlessly assaulting people who are obviously not a fan of it is clearly asking for trouble.
    4.1 If the rapscallion has a history/notes of being a dick, agitating and provoking people to break rules I would escalate the punishment for community expectations. I would also try to get advice from the staff that warned them.
  5. End the situation by ahealing the rapscallion, advise them both to stay away from eachother.
    tl;dr - I would avoid noting both of them if they had no prior notes. I would calmly and relatably explain what they did wrong and what they can do to avoid it. Whilst it was done in good faith, it is still against the rules and it should not be repeated. I would also warn them that punishments would escalate if it happened again.
  1. As always, check their note history
  2. In our server, if a group of people is breaking our rules, they are still subject to moderation even if only one player involved does not enjoy the interaction. Basically, that means if 5 people are bullying one SO, it still doesn’t make it right under our community expectations (your quote)
  3. Punish both of the more experienced players, as it is unacceptable behavior that has no excuse, but I would still get their side.
  4. Aheal the new player, explain to them that killing them would’ve been against the rules no matter how frustrated they were.
  5. Notify the mentors that there is a new player that needs introduction to the game
  6. Link the new player the rules page
    tl;dr - I would punish the people that harrassed him after getting their side, I would aheal the new player, I would explain to the new player that they were taken care of, they attempted to do something that was rash and wrong and that a mentor is on his way to help them get a better understanding of the game.

It all comes down to circumstance. For example, an MT messing around, stealing an MPs ID and causing a manhunt is something I would excuse. I do not find anything wrong with the situation if:

1. The people involved do not think that they are being targeted and harassed
  2. If the rapscallion is an experienced, mature player that won’t take it too far
  3. I or another staff member is monitoring the situation
  4. It is not causing too much round impact
  1. I would wait a fair bit after the situation is concluded, as to have time to reflect on the situation
  2. Attempt to resolve the issue with the people I had the disagreement with in private (DMs)
    2.1 Emphasis on private
  3. If the situation is not resolved, I would form a coherent message and send it to the person with higher authority to resolve it
  4. I’d invite them for a game of deep rock galactic (one of the best games) to make sure there is no bad blood.
1 Like

Few words come to mind when thinking of Stalkerino

Shit at war thunder, terrible at CS:GO and even worse at HOI4

regardless of all this I think she’d make a great moderator! +2 :georgia:

Closing statement:

3 Likes

I like your answers to my questions. They reach in-depth understanding for how we would investigate situations and look at topics from both sides. I also got a good look at how you’d treat players, and I’d definitely like to see you have a chance to join into the team! Hope you see your onboard soon! +1

1 Like

Hi there! Thank you for your application! Very solid answers! I’m pleased to accept your app. Welcome to the team!

Please make sure DMs are open, I’ll reach out to you soon to get you set up with IG perms and your trainer.

1 Like