The early rush problem.

T3s can you like stop zerk rushing areas near the LZ before marines can get themselves situated please. Thanks

2 Likes

Marines litterary have all the benefits in that engagement. Xenos off weeds and no cover, yet they just fold like pancakes.

13 Likes

Why would I? I waited for 20 minutes already, I want to fight.

9 Likes

almost like this is a policy issue

4 Likes

Maybe mapping issue too, add fog to every map.

3 Likes

Please no. LV is already bad enough of an influence as is.

4 Likes

In all seriousness.
:20 drop is 15 minutes of preparation for xenos
:25 drop is 20 minutes

We ORIGINALLY Had a policy that prevented xenos from rushing the lz before second drop or admins would intervene (dropped I dont know) but thats gone now.

Marines should realistically be given atleast 10 minutes or 15 to get cades up and be able to get cords for the lz before they get all hell rained on them.
(Colony fighting tends to take awhile as well unless xenos are literally on the lz preventing marines from acting)

2 Likes

the round is still going lil bro

2 Likes

?? this is not regarding to the current round

This is regarding to the many previous rounds where this happened such as Annex and others

3 Likes

I personally don’t like a “pause” function for the xenoes. It just makes more people go AFK in hive when theres stuff to do.

2 Likes

I’m not really asking for a pause feature as marines will immediately go out to the colony to fight giving everyone a chance to fight. My issue is the fact xenos can get prep time to set up but LZ teams are barely given proper time to set up before they have xenos at their uncaded lz

2 Likes

Skill issue honestly.

Stop acting rambo and push with the team, use your gadgets and flatten the field. Also, if you can’t setup FOB with just bravo add another team to FOB duty for duration of building up cades.

7 Likes

Marines are at full strength in complete safety when landing. If you don’t beat them at Marshalls, you won’t beat them at filt. If you don’t beat them at Hydro, you won’t beat them at inflatables.

It has nothing to do with cades or situating themselves. It’s skill issue in the field. They lack the ability to click on the bad guys, or kite, or position.[

7 Likes

It’s a balance and skill issue. Marines are meant to be vulnerable when alone and even when in a group, every marine is alone because we currently have a lot of bald/new players that don’t assist when someone get’s warrior leapt. I have seen so many bullshit warrior captures that marines could have easily stopped but let fly in the past month or so.

4 Likes

we should add a really big text that says “shoot me” that hovers above a warrior while they’re dragging someone, these baldies need to learn how to help their teammates

8 Likes

Marines are at a disadvantage when they lack cadelines preventing flanking attacks and protecting people who are healing. We’ve leaned into this much harder over the past year by introducing damage effects like frequent fractures and internal bleeding, so that marines MUST stop to heal somewhere to fight effectively. This indirectly puts more emphasis on marines needing cadelines to fight effectively and punishes marines for fighting away from safe areas they can heal at.

Xenos rushing LZ before cades are up exploits this inherent disadvantage marines have, but we have a game mechanic to try and equally disadvantage xenos - by preventing xenos from weeding around the LZ, which makes it much harder to effectively assault.

If rushing the landing zone is a common and effective tactic, then it means the balance mechanics in place aren’t good enough.

And if I were trying to plan a way to maximally exploit the situation, it would be having xeno attackers primarily composed of castes who can heal while dealing damage, so that they can sustain themselves off weeds with much less issue and circumvent the rushing prevention mechanic that is in place.

3 Likes

I don’t think I often saw xenos just attacking LZ directly right after the landing. Usually they just defeat vanguard somewhere close to LZ (in case of Annex it was west of LZ), then, after vanguard is wiped out, they attack the LZ. In the round Yellows malding about marines had several cadelines by the moment xenos attacked FOB. Xenos just broke them and marines couldn’t held their offensive. So, the situation is a bit misrepresented. In most cases marines do have time to set up cades while vanguard is fighting xenos. Situations when xenos just attack LZ directly right after landing are pretty rare.

Now, do marines even need cades? As already pointed out, marines after landing are at their strongest. They have full HP, they have full ammo, they have all specs and all SGs. They are supposed to push xenos far enough before they start to suffer from attrition. And do you need cades when attacking? Not necessarily, sometimes they are even detrimental. You don’t even necessarily need cades when defending, if the terrain favors you. And LZs are usually pretty much defendable, I am not even mentioning weed protection which makes the LZ a lot harder to attack as xeno.

So, in short, marines don’t lose early because xenos attack their wounded in FOB. I don’t think I ever saw such situation. More than that, attacking medics is a part of the war of attrition. And again, the reason marines lose early is never attrition. They just get rolled over, and the reasons can be different, but I don’t think it has anything to do with attrition. So it’s really not about medics being exposed at LZ. Plus you can just heal people in the Alamo, there are solutions to the supposed problem. When I play transport PO I don’t leave FOB after first drop until cades are set up (and ideally, until comms are fixed).

So overall, again, this is major skill issue. You can deal with the problem, unless you’re just bound to lose. Fighting next to LZ favors marines significantly, and if they lose there they will never win caves. No amount of handholding can save them. This is just a fact. When we had the second drop policy it didn’t really change much. Xenos just had to wait a little longer before attacking FOB, but the result (if marines’ vanguard got rolled over) was almost always the same.

So tl;dr: big skill issue, marines can work around this, but they don’t because unga bunga let’s attack xenos before FOB is set up and die horribly.

4 Likes

One thing I haven’t seen pointed out is that for a short time after landing, marines are organized, everyone knows where to go, everyone is together as one force, nobody is standing around doing fuckall while the push slows to a halt, because everybody is moving at top speed towards the meta spot command tells them to go every round, xenos that manage to get to the marines early are almost never able to really slow them down, and if they are it’s a major skill issue.

3 Likes

hard to kite or position when if you are pushed back slightly you will be cornered, I so far never really seen a xeno loss come from this, it ends in xeno minor most the time tbh, because there is nowhere to hold or regroup and marines just evac when xenos go into LZ, only losses I seen is when queen goes off ovi and dies in fob gettin cocky

1 Like

realize it bit of a two way think, I uhh rarely seen losses by xeno side from this I meant, sorry

1 Like