The Navy as a possible solution to over-tasking, lack of a head of auxiliary and more RP opportunities

Also adding on to what I said if that is the case of adding to CO spot then there would be a power struggle when hijack happens

Your lack of commas really make your text hard to understand

Technically, that would be an XOs job, no? Problem being that COs often decide to deploy or are not present (probably to a large part due to the whitelist requirement).

Literally HOP returnin’! Sounds ALMOST interesting.

THOUGH a Gunny sarge being the CE and QM? Absolutely no go. They should be the lowest Comissioned officer positions possible. That means they need to be Chief Warrant Officers or above, that is from the lowest CWO position, the W-2, to the highest, W-5, and up to the lowest normal pathway Comissioned Officer, a 2nd Lieutenant.

For more information on DAFUCK I’m talkin’ 'bout, here: Department of the Navy, Marine Ranks.

Corpsmen are marines.

And also, making my opinion public on this too since I already dropped here even if this thing is already solved.

I no like the idea of navy in the USCMC. The USCMC are independent even at their largest ships. They may have officers that work more towards astronav than anything but they are marines anyways.

You know what we really need? The Army! Hooah!

What about the true heros of the US?..THE COAST GUARD

Marines have always been the Navy’s component of Army standard units. If a unit of Marines were to be stationed aboard a ship, they would be under the command of the ships Naval Captain, with the Marines having their own CO.

Marines are Marines, the Army is the Army, and the Navy is the Navy. You want soldiers on a ship? You call the Marines.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s the whole point

1 Like

It doesn’t really change anything other than making a single role, and then you have to wonder, well whose meant to manage the marines? If the Navies Captain isn’t the one overseeing the whole operation (Which they would be given it’s their ship), what do they do most of the time? Given most other people actually have jobs they need to focus on with their own subordinates in each department.

If there’s a single Officer in command of Engineering, Req, the IO’s, Dropship PO’s/DCC’s, I believe there is a complete overreach of actual understanding between them all which we’ve had no problems with under the current system. Requisitions and Engineering are individual and unique departments which work well with their own head separate of one another. The IO’s and PO’s don’t need management other than the XO/CO checking in occasionally.

One of the reasons shipside RP has deteriorated is because command staff must stay laser focused at all times because rounds simply don’t last as long as they used to, and if they step away from CIC things can go tits up within minutes. This is especially detrimental when the CO’s decide to flippantly deploy for no good reason. Survival rates of CO’s who deploy is not good, they lose the tablet all the time, and they’re just being an UBER Squad Leader, not the overall commander they should be.

1 Like

Not only deploying COs are bad for roleplay, what do you think how many gyro shotgun gyro shotgun SOs with bandana you can find on the frontline? I think, an officer which has an actual job and maybe some nice gameplay, but is actually able to go around the ship, watch over departments would be nice. If the CO one time actually leaves the XO in command of the operation and goes around the ship RPing, it is generally much better than the XO running from OB reload to research made illegal xenos to CL doing shit to solve MP drama back to CIC while the CO is going around scoring kills because he didn’t roll smartgunner. And if you want to deploy, just go PFC.

Why would the navy captain need to overseer everything?

1 Like

Well, that certainly is correct, but then you should go complain to the CO’s committee

1 Like

I am too lazy to write complain messages over big fat didn’t-make-it-to-generals being an extra smartgunner slot with whitelist requirement, however.

But I believe you all may be missing the point, The “Navy CO” isn’t some type of mega-boss of everyone, the idea is purposefully thought so that two people are needed to share power and work together, each of them having their powers and their weaknesses. And when I mean “overwatch” I mean overwatch, inspect the shipside crew, give important informations, control the vessel, act as a more RP inclined Commander. The Marine CO is purposefully thought to be more operation-intended BECAUSE the way the game have been designed REQUIRES someone to be watching over the entire OP all the time.

1 Like

Also, nobody yet made any questions about anything, just added unnecessary and unproductive opinions. I made this post to discuss a new idea, not discuss your darn complaints

1 Like

In the post, I actually meant making a second more RP-focussed CO, it probaly sounded too much “All COs are bad, let the navy take over”.

I understand, but some people are really thinking that a “Navy CO” would be above the “Marine CO”, somehow.

You can’t have two separate commands, one for the shipside crew, one for the marines who deploy. 1 Leader, that means the Navy Captain being overall commander who the marine CO would answer to.

1 Like