What is your Discord username?

Space Waffle#8984

What characters do you play on CM-SS13?

Andy ‘Mutton’ Marcotte

Are you 16 or older?

Yes

Timezone:

PST

On average, how many hours are you available to moderate in an average week?

I usually play 3-6 rounds a day, given the rounds themselves are variable I suppose roughly 8 hours day. Give or take of course.

Qualifications:

Do you have previous experience in game or community moderation?

Yes, long time ago unfortunately. Roughly 4? years since my last admin position. A lot longer for out of community moderation for a different community and game.

Provide any links to any previous CM-SS13 whitelist, mentor or staff applications:

Denied thespy24574 - Synthetic Application 2 - Denied

Denied thespy24574 - Synthetic Application 1 - Denied

Denied thespy24574 - Synthetic Application 3 - Denied

Denied thespy24574 - Yautja Application 2 - Denied

Denied thespy24574 - Yautja Application 6 - Denied

Thespy24574 - Commanding Officer Application - Accepted!!!

thespy24574 - Synthetic Application - Denied

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on CM-SS13?

Not at all.

Can you actively engage and communicate with the team through Discord?

Yep, No microphone at the moment unfortunately. I am quite a private persons for personal reasons.

Final Details:

Why would you like to join the CM-SS13 staff team?

Hopefully help in the moderation team and handling ahelps to the best I can. That and to help where I can in events and the like, giving suggestions or handling some menial tasks. I have small amounts of experience when spawning in items and the like. Never really dove into vars/editing/etc head first though.

What makes you a great addition to Staff? (Experienced Tabletop DM, Aliens Lore Buff, Super Organized, etc.?)

I know quite a bit about the Alien’s lore. Not much else to say in all honesty. Figured I could do more to help as a moderator, on top that I am quite persistent when finding answers. Due process and all of that, quite useful for someone to be unbiased.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality of a CM-SS13 staff member?

To stay calm and properly give out rulings. I believe I have this down, though I suppose I will have to prove it.

Anything else you want to add?

Suppose time will tell, how every story will end.

Also I am dyslexic, typing is a bit hard when I can’t remember certain words or forget to add certain letters to sentences to make them sound correct.

For some reason, most of the links to my past applications didn’t work.

As a work around just use the only link that DOES work so you can look at the other links.

I cannot support this application, with the main reason being that I feel your judgement is skewed quite often, as was evident with your recent CO controversy.

1 Like

Regarding the controversy, it has been solved and I would ask for to not be brought up again. Though I can not police anyone who does bring it up.

either case, It is up for the moderation team and management to decide if my judgement is skewed in one way or another. And I will be happy to give answers to questions to prove myself.

Going to have to -1 this application. The heavy warning your just received for an issue with ML as CO is concerning.

1 Like

This app has a lot of red flags that pop up, not in what you written so far but past actions.

Moderators in general should have a strong understanding in ML and SOP. However, you have had multiple recent issues with ML, as one of the highest IC authorities of ML the Commanding Officer. One with pardoning capital crimes and extremely poor handling of appeals in another. I would recommend taking the time to fully read through ML, SOP, and the CO code of conduct. Even having the ML wiki page open when you have to deal with ML shenanigans.

The biggest red flag is that 8 months ago around early November 2022. You were a TGMC admin and you were removed from your staff position for straight up abusing your powers to modify one faction mid round without knowing what you were doing completely disrupting the round, when confronted by users about what happened you lied and tried to cover it up, and then the unprofessional behavior you had in discord DMs with users. A sample is you sending this to a user “Gonna file a report for being butthurt over a mistake?”.

No offense, I do not want you anywhere near positions of power.

This isn’t to say you can’t improve and grow beyond these mistakes and issues, but nothing that I’ve seen in you recently shows that.

3 Likes

Following discussions with TGMC regarding your conduct while there, it is my opinion that at present it would not be suitable for us to accept your application.

You are welcome to apply another time, however I would ask that you attempt to find a way to prove to us you have since changed your conduct and will not act in the same manner you did whilst a member of the TGMC staff.

I would also ask that next time you be forthright with issues such as your time with TGMC, rather than attempting to gloss over it as if it never happened.

3 Likes