thespy24574 - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Application - thespy24574

What is your BYOND key?

thespy24574

What is your Discord ID?

Space Waffle#8984

Do you usually play a specific character? If so, who?

Andy ‘Mutton’ Marcotte

What whitelist applications have you previously completed?

Denied thespy24574 - Synthetic Application - Denied

Denied thespy24574 - Yautja Application - Denied

Denied thespy24574 - Yautja Application - Denied

Thespy24574 - Commanding Officer Application Commanding Officer application - Accepted!!!

[Likely more on the old forums that I can not find.]

Synthetic Info:

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play:

Ezra

What is your Synthetic’s Personality?

Ezra’s interactions with marines and colonists alike are often professional and straightforward, but they are capable of adapting to different situations and personalities. With this description, their personality matrix is aligned to a ‘focused’ Science and Medical Role, allowing for faster utilization and description of tools and injuries a marine might sustain while in combat.

To accompany their role as a support unit for the marines, they would often wear utilitarian clothing and equipment. Not one for looks but rather utility and purpose, though with a sterile look and functions to further aid in surgeries or triage.

How will they react to the different ranks of the USCM, what would they talk about in a one on one conversation? What are their interests? What is an advertisement logline that could be written for them?

Ezra would have a somewhat standard level interaction for those of varying ranks of the Almayer and her crew.

A Commissioned officer or one with rank higher than a Regular Enlisted would be interacted with or spoke of in a manner of respect. But Ezra is not one to place them too highly as shown many times before, humanity is susceptible to many potholes of illogicality and hyper focus as well as incompetence. Ezra keeps this noted throughout any interaction he will have during his stay aboard the Almayer should he find himself talking to them though not openly stating this as such unless prompted to do so.

For Regular enlisted marines and officers that Ezra interacts with on a daily basis, He finds referring to them by nicknames, or how officers speak to them in a professional manner, seems to work the best when getting a straight answer or aiding them in activities and/or duties. Adapting to the people and persons is the main key and is subject to change depending on the person or group speaking to Ezra on many different accounts.

Ezra’s sales pitch: “Meet Ezra, the synthetic unit with an unparalleled attention to detail and a dedication to efficiency. With a mind built for problem-solving and a tireless work ethic, Ezra is the perfect synthetic unit for any mission. Their unique personality allows them to stay calm and focused even in the most high-pressure situations, and their unwavering commitment to following rules and procedures ensures that every task is completed to perfection. Don’t settle for less than the best - choose Ezra as your trusted companion for any mission.”

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?

For a while I have been attempting to become a WLed synthetic, as evidence of my many failed attempts. But with this being said I am not deterred, and I ain’t giving up just yet. Either case I hope to bring something a bit more life to the WL and accompany the Roleplay/action I will be doing should I obtain this WL. Hopefully I will be able to properly display what I can do during this application’s uptime and hopefully obtain this WL.

What is your most memorable interaction with a synthetic?

Unfortunately I still haven’t had a lot of interactions with WLed synthetics, Mainly due to me leaving them alone and not really interacting with them as they have duties to tend to. In this I don’t have many actual interactions with synthetics.

To actually name a synthetic off the top of my mind, River. Though not having many interactions, talking to them when the option presented itself was pleasant. With this being said I can’t quite remember anything specific that was memorable. Mainly, as stated before, They are busy and consequently I was too so Roleplay with them wasn’t an option at the time.

Synthetic Character Story:

This is a ‘official’ Document that was about to be released to the public, its undergoing final review before being let loose to the public.

Skills:

Engineering:

I am Exceptionally familiar with engineering. Building walls, windows, operating autolathes, managing the generators/reactors, Fixing and patching up holes, and everything in between.

Command:

Exceptionally familiar, as evidenced by my CO application being accepted and me not being de-WLed I can confidently say I am exceptionally familiar with 90 to 100 percent being familiar with command related things and issues.

Medical:

Exceptionally familiar, I know my way around chemistry with strides. I played Researcher for a good while, and CMO for even longer, though time doesn’t symbolize skill, so you are welcomed to spectate me when I am playing doctor/CMO/Researcher/or CO I suppose.

Requisitions:

The weakest of my skillset but certainly not something to scoff at, I am quite confident in my ability to run supply drops and manage Requisition as a whole.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.

Ezra can preform combat in these following situations:

When cornered and the only escape is through the enemy foe.

When being harassed in which defensive measures (hitting the enemy with a baton/machete) to deter or scare the foe off of further attacks at least for a moment. Every seconds counts in some situations.

Protecting a crew member from harm in situation where retreat could be more dangerous.

Ezra can not preform combat in this situation:

When he is on the frontline where others protect each other.

Final Info:

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?

No active job bans and I have not been banned in the last month. At time of writing anyway.

Are you currently banned from our Discord?

No

Let us know why you were discord banned.

N/A

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?

Nothing much else to include. Should you want to see me play and Prove my capabilities, I am usually active during the afternoon (PST timezone). Though my schedule sometimes makes it hard for me to play at all at times.

I’ll keep this short so you don’t have to read through too much to get to the point.

My main issue with this is the personality being too undefined/bland. For example, your synth could have an element of natural curiosity in their personality or something similar that makes it more unique. Your story doesn’t have much of a display of how your synth would act in the actual environment of a round either. A straightforward utilitarian kind of synth can work, but you have to make sure it doesn’t turn into wordlessly doing your duties without roleplaying at all.

Basically, try to specify the personality better and try to make it more unique, and try to include more of the interactions you’d see on a round-to-round basis in your story. I don’t have anything more to add since I haven’t observed you enough in-game to say anything else.

1 Like

Perhaps I can explain further about my synthetics’ personality, Ezra was designed and manufactured to be a researcher’s or medical doctor’s ‘best friend’ when regarding medical or researching situations. In this he was programmed to be fairly professional, and his personality being a technical geek of sorts. I talked to a councilor about this and they gave me the go ahead in this regard. Though they did highlight most of what you said, I believe it will fit perfectly to have a synthetic who attempting to be more realistic in regards to the situation at hand.

TL/DR: I wrote the story believing my synthetics’ personality was adequate. But it is not, Perhaps I didn’t fully write it adequately.

Either case, I will await further input. Given you have not gave a -1 yet, I will assume you will await for me to play later today to give a final answer regarding my application. I hope, at very least, that you will remain neutral.

Well, since my application hasn’t been commented on for a while. And with recent time I have been unable to keep satisfactory time ingame (personal reasons) I believe withdrawaling my WL for future endeavors in this WL is the right choice.

Any Councilors or the like, please withdrawal this application.

Thanks for your interest in the Synthetic whitelist! You may reapply in 30 days, good luck to you and see if you can get a councilor to review your application around that time. They may also be able to give you a gauge on how the community may feeling about vouching for you or your activity! :smile: