This is the office to complain about excessive use of BE

i say lot’s of shit you probably find other post where i say good about CO and i don’t think i have proposed to remove CO role…
honestly if i was thinking my post where going to send back to me i would probably have post less and think more…
only reason of this forum post is to collect excessive use of BE…

You can’t fill out a PR if you are not the victim.
I’ve been told you’re supposed to message a councilor but it’s unreasonable to expect that everyone will do that especially when it’s hard to have faith they’ll actually do anything about it.

That’s the rule with any PR. You can still reach out to a councillor if you have a bad feeling, but it’s getting involved in someone else’s business when they didn’t ask you.

2 Likes

And the “victim” doesn’t want to file a PR.

So the only one who cares was hardly even affected by the BE.

2 Likes

I suggest you read what I posted, take it in or don’t. I don’t really care but people except newer or LRP players aren’t really gonna take your side seriously

2 Likes

Are you sure that page still exists on the wiki? I tried typing that URL in and it doesn’t show up but maybe I mistyped it. I’ve been going off the forum page: Commanding Officer Code of Conduct

Or they’re not in the discord. Or they’re a new player who doesn’t know about reports. Or they have lost faith in the system and don’t think anything will be done if they report.
What you are saying is it’s ok to BE the PVT who accidentally fires their gun on the almayer because they’re not going to report it.

I literally just screenshoted the page for you on the BE guidelines. I suggest you also think about what you type before posting false shit like “BEs just follow spirit of the WL”

https://cm-ss13.com/wiki/Commanding_Officer_Code_of_Conduct

Ah I must have mistyped it then. Does that take priority over the forum page then? Because that one is different

you are literally creating situations up in your head. A new player who got BE’d can still ahelp and be directed, ask dchat, or they just don’t care. There’s also a general rule among the COs of FUCKING DON’T SHOOT PVTs. We had a CO recently do that and got suspended around 3 months ago. They’re still suspended

Again I don’t know why you feel “I need to protect other people cause they lost faith in the system” Some dudes just accept they got BE’d for being silly or make a PR by themselves

2 Likes

I didn’t type that. I said there’s no rule stating they can’t BE on a whim.
What I mean by that is that A LOT of things are considered “valid” for BEs. You “hinder” the CO in any way? You are valid for BE. You disobey any order? You are valid for BE.
The page you posted does not seem to disagree with that. If you think it does please tell me which line says you cannot just BE everyone that disobeys one order

That’s supposedly covered by “spirit of the whitelist” but it’s kind of hard to have any faith in the whitelist to enforce that properly given what I’ve seen so far. COs can brag about how much they BE and not get in trouble for it.

1 Like

Again read the BE page. Disobeying an order is not always a valid BE, there’s something called context to each situation. A PFC ignoring the CO to do his own thing is fine, if they got BE’d it would be an issue. SADAR running off and hunting preds ignoring orders then getting BE’d is an acceptable BE.

2 Likes

I don’t believe you, and I have read the rules. Disobeying a command is considered “undermining command” and therefore they can BE you. There have been many cases where COs BE people for disobeying commands and it’s clearly not considered to be against the rules

Okay don’t believe me I guess. Your choice. The system is broken we need batman

1 Like

thousands have lost faith in the system…we need Wallace Haar back…

2 Likes

Specifically the problem is the BE rules do not say what you CANNOT BE for.
They give you a NON-EXHAUSTIVE list of what you CAN BE for. So when you say “the rules say you cannot BE for this”, no they don’t. They just don’t say that. Maybe council has their own rules. But the CoC page does not say that.

The CO rules also don’t say you can not scream slurs. Do you think a CO would scream slurs. The COs are trusted with a little power but it is more checked than you think.

1 Like

The only rules there for what you cannot BE for is more procedure stuff, like “must be personally carried out”
I don’t see the part where it tells you what reasons are not valid

Ok this is a different argument though.
You said earlier that the rules themself limit what COs can BE for. That’s what I’ve been arguing against. I don’t think they do. And now you are bringing up slurs. Which by the way, the rules page specifically says players cannot use slurs (as far as I remember anyway, I’m pretty sure it does)