Three World Empire ERT

yeah i know before anyone posts the github link Three World Empire Squadies by Geevies · Pull Request #511 · cmss13-devs/cmss13 · GitHub but that was a year ago and is not currently on the roadmap that is why i would like to bring up this idea again i mean there was already plans for it and there’s an entire chain of command for them RESS - CM-SS13. now i also have ideas on how i think they could be implemented one way is the royal marines have a chance to spawn when the Almayer sends out a distress beacon and the royal navy officers have a chance to spawn to interview survivors of the ship and help coordinate royal marine squads. I also think they could be used in HvH as part of a joint Military operation between the UA and TRE. another way is if we bring back the RESS diplomats and instead have them as TRE diplomats with the royal marines serving as guards for the diplomats. the TRE ERT squad could also serve as a mix of VAIPO and PMCs as W-Y is an integral part of the TRE but the USCM is who mainly defends their colonies so they would likely rescue CL like PMCs but also help the USCM like VAIPO due to their help in defending their colonies. i would appreciate feedback on this idea.

5 Likes

how can we make them unique from other (standard) ERTs? (from a gameplay perspective)
PMCs have good gear, and CLF have numbers and bad gear as well as being hostile to the Marines.

2 Likes

I love this idea. I have been waiting for more TWE empire for a long time. It will add a lot to RP and game potential. Great Idea Lou.

2 Likes

I would place TWE as a balance between the two factions. Not as advanced tech as WY. It is my understanding the Empire is in decline.

2 Likes

then again we’re discussing 3WE commands/special forces, maybe they have ‘experimental’ or maybe W-Y license production weapons.

i think there’s probably an opportunity for something specifically unique to the 3WE, maybe some sort of explosive device, like a unique grenade weapon?

2 Likes

That is exactly what I am thinking. Their is a lot of potential.

2 Likes

I have nothing to add than they need to have flasks in their helmets/armor filled with tea and oxycodone.

4 Likes

It would be LRP if they did not. Also shit cigs.

3 Likes

Theyre declining in strength, as we see with New Albion splitting from the TWE, this does occur during a time where nearly every faction loses all its strength due to upcoming events, so thats one thing to consider.

I believe the TWE also has a considerable techbase due to most corporations, including WY being based in TWE territories.

3 Likes

if they had an event with a TRE tank then they definitely need to have it have a tea kettle like the challenger 2 and every british tank since centurion

3 Likes

in real life royal marine commandos are less like the USMC and more like Marsoc and Forecon marines being special ops capable. i think maybe a cqc focused mix of marsoc and pmc erts

3 Likes

here are some quotes from the ress page i think might be useful these ones are for the Royal Marine Commandos “the RMC were highly trained and equipped with some of the best armor and weaponry ever produced and developed.” “(RMC spec)allows them to handle restricted weapons, including some of the newest and most powerful hand held weapons to come out of the minds of Weyland-Yutani.” “(SL) they are mostly left to handle a mission as they see fit without micromanagement from an Officer.” and these are for the Royal Navy “(junior SO)Sometimes they find themselves in charge of minor operations involving the Royal Marine Commandos in a leadership capacity” “(senior SO)they work closely with the Commandos in operations and assign objectives for the SL to complete.”

3 Likes

alternatively another idea is instead of an ERT we instead have TRE survivors with a small squad made up of a seaman (junior or senior) or SL one spec one medic and two commandos

3 Likes

This sounds pretty cool.

I’d be willing to do some spriting for it if it’s okay

3 Likes

add onto this from the TRE page IMCOM “oversees all naval action in Three World Empire territory outside of the Sol System. IMCOM operates over a dozen fleets consisting primarily of patrol craft. These fleets fill the dual role of border patrol and rapid response. While they operate similarly to the USCMS, these patrol craft rarely have more than a squad of commandos per ship. Despite IMCOM’s reliance on light patrol craft, it is not uncommon to see the occasional heavy cruiser, carrier, or battleship”

3 Likes

i recommend looking at some w-y and marsoc gear for inspiration along with the orignal RESS idea i linked as those are most likely the closest we have both in game already and the orignal idea might have some features that could be useful for helping with designing them

3 Likes

another idea is how similar to how the USCM is based of vietnam era USMC you could base it off something like falklands or suez crisis era royal navy and marines but suez would probably make more sense as that was when the british empire was in decline similar to how the TRE is in a decline similar to how the uscm is struggling with guerrillas like the usmc in vietnam

3 Likes

Okay so just had a look through. Looks like they’ve already got some pretty nice sprites, not something I think I could compete with.

So what exactly are you proposing? I understand of course the goal is to implement the TWE as a playable faction through ERTs, but what do you think needs to be done to accomplish that? Are you looking for people to revaluate that aforementioned PR? Are you looking for a completely new PR to be made for it?

Are these sprites usable or do they need to be redone?

I would say make a step by step process for what you want to see done, and then I’d be happy to look into helping you.

3 Likes

OK so if they are indeed usable. first thing is seeing if there’s any changes that need to be due to the original sprites being from before the name change so we would likely need to make the original sprites become more in line with the updated TRE. second i think the armor and uniform need a bit more detail and some different colors if you look closely at the sprites you can see they have different arms from any other human character. i would also recommend seeing if you can get in contact with whoever designed the original sprites and seeing if they might be of any help. if they are not usable i think we could try basing a new design off the original ideas if you look at the spec type commando you can see his armor as shoulders that i think might be inspired by samurai armor so i would say we should make it something that is slightly reminiscent of samurai armor but still resembles a piece of W-Y or marine armor. i think that’s all i can think of for now

3 Likes

So I have just about as much access to these people or things as you, lol. So I’ve got no idea about an original designer nor if the original sprites are usable. Let’s just tick off no for both then, as in no they aren’t in the files, and no the original creator won’t be able to help or authorize their use.

So then we come down to making fresh sprites. I personally don’t know if I’d be in to whip up 10 variations of sprites for 10 different roles. So let’s start of small and work our way up.

We want an ERT, the ERT consists of? (I assume The Royal Marines)

This would include likely:

Engineer
Medic
Smart Gunner
Rifleman
Squad Leader

Something like this ^

Then it just comes down to equipment. What is the Royal Marine Commandos most likely to use in their arsenal? We’ve established they’re somewhere between USCM and Weyland. So likelyhood is they’re using patented Wey-Yu equipment that are more or less a generational handmedown. As a corporation dealing in arms manufacturing, and military contracting, you would likely give your men the best that you can offer and reserve it for them only. (That way if you ever find yourself needing to kill some TWE Royal Marines, you have an inherent advantage.)

Considering new guns aren’t going to be added, we’ll have to select existing ones.

Going back to the sprites though:

I noticed a few different elements when I was looking at the sprites, and something I would like to do is further incorporate the samurai elements while retaining a well-off royal navy vibe. (A contrast to the UMSC’s Vietnam rugged dirty style, and the UPP’s poor standards)

I’m thinking we’d merge the style of a Combat helmet with a Samurai helmet, retain samurai pauldrons, chest armor, and gauntlets. Have the vest still appear like a regular body armor, minimalize the samurai stuff for that, and then make the underarmor a more or less standardized Royal Navy fatigue (Something that would be universally used by the TWE)

The contrast I envision is a royal navy standardized royal blue (fatigues and accents), along with a scarlet armor/helmet coloring unique to Royal Commandos.

I don’t see the commando’s utilizing camo tech, because I assume since we’re pulling samurai the TWE is likely very honorable, and follows a similar code. This means that even while it isn’t directly advantageous for their commandos to not use camo, it is more or less a sign of cowardice to them. (correct me if I’m wrong)

However, we could see some pretty cool small things like better armor while retaining lightness, some up close and personal CQC equipment (Katanas, literally katanas for their SLs), some sidearms (possibly built in holster for their armor), and maybe even go a bit far as to give a sentry to their engineer slot. These are all little things that show a unique look from Weyland and USCM, you don’t see them running around camo’d up, but you see these little things that make them powerful.

3 Likes