BANCODE - REF-30MAY2023-P280SA

Admin who banned you?

Host

Total Ban Duration

Permanent

Remaining Duration

Permanent

What other servers do you play on?

TGMC has been the only server I’ve been playing since my ban.
I have asked an admin from that server to vouch for my behavior, their name is Barnet.

Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?

Paradise, 2020 when i first downloaded ss13

Do you play using a Virtual Machine?

No

is your copy of Windows legitimate?

Yes

Reason for Ban:

cheating

Links to previous appeals:

https://forum.cm-ss13.com/t/usnpeepoo-permanent-ban-appeal/2439/3

Your appeal:

Hello I am appealing this ban now that it has been 30 days since my last appeal.

I will be keeping this appeal much shorter than my previous one, as I believe the points that I have brought up in there still stand and I was not told whether anything I have said in that appeal was incorrect so my belief that the ban reasoning being wrong will continue to stand. This does not mean that I will not own up to my actions that have caused my ban, and I still continue to request a second chance. Given that there has been a long period of time since my ban and while up to management to decide whether this appeal is enough for an unban, I would still give my deepest apologies for any player that I may have hurt because of my actions (that being, metacomming). The decisions I had chosen were in clear violation of the rules of this server and I blatantly disregarded other players while doing so. I won’t hide this fact, and I was completely in the wrong. I believe the only way that I can undo the impact of my actions is to prove that I am capable of redeeming myself, and this appeal asks for that opportunity to do so.

In my last appeal, I was given a resolution that the “evidence against my case had been revised” which I found confusing as I don’t know of any possible evidence of me cheating aside from message logs that mentioned cheats within the discord that I was in. In any case, I don’t believe simply mentioning cheats necessitates a permanent cheating ban, and I never had history with the people in that discord prior, so I don’t think just being in contact with that discord owner would be solid evidence either. I had contacted forest twice (who resolved my appeal) and frozen (who directed me to speak to forest) in order to better grasp the nature of my ban but I had not received any response, and while I understand that they may be busy or my ban has a good reason as to not share it’s details, I was hoping for a little more clarity so that I can fully understand the bigger picture behind my ban as it feels impossible to disprove claims that I had cheated without knowing what could have possibly been decided as a factor in my ban reasoning.

To reiterate, I’d like to apologize for my actions once more and say that I believe my ban reasoning is completely wrong. It feels weird in an appeal to say that, but it is undeniable that what I had done while apart of that discord deserved punishment and I believe I have served it out in full. I don’t believe I was a problem player, and I know for a fact I’ve never ever cheated. All I ask is to be given a second chance at playing CM, and that I can be trusted to not cause problems in the future.

10 Likes

Will be assigning this appeal to Host.

Hello, I am Barnet from the TGMC Administration Team. I have come to give a voucher for usnpeepoo for his permanent ban on CM. If you need to confirm this is me, I have talked to one of your managers before (Biolock). In addition you can ask me on the TGMC Discord, my tag is Barnet there as well. I also host on TGMC pretty frequently and you can make an ahelp to confirm it is me.

In the months that usnpeepoo has being playing on TGMC since (presumably) his CM permanent ban, he has been nothing but a benefit to the community, including on the Discord. He has only obtained one note in his time of playing since his CM ban. Considering his note history before the CM ban being not so great, he has shown atleast on TGMC that he can and is willing to change his behavior.

I know atleast one other admin is willing to vouch, so if you accept multiple vouches I will relay that to the admin team. Thank you, and have a wonderful day!

9 Likes

Hello Usnpeepoo and Barnet,

First of all, thank you Barnet for taking the time to dialogue with me all those months ago to establish the authenticity for your vouch.

I apologize for the extended period this appeal was left unattended; discussions of this appeal were quite contentious. This appeal was, from a very early period, left to the hosts to make a decision. Through deliberation, they have decided that this appeal is to be approved. If the length of time this appeal sat here is any indication with how tentatively it was adjudicated on, it goes without saying that it will be swiftly be reinstated if there are issues. Welcome back to Colonial Marines.

11 Likes

Added appeal:approved and removed appeal:waiting