Victory

Hello, Dukeofcagliostro a/k/a Archibald V. Cartwright again. I have a few words to say.

I genuinely and truly proud of this community of mad lads. We came together in one voice, one chorus, a cacophony to say “no, this is absolute insanity”.

And by god it worked. I was the one that made the post but this victory is all of ours.

I want to shout out the people who put money where their month is and posted. Unfortunately, the forum does not allow me to list you all. But know your input was sincerely appreciated.

Thank you all.

Shout out to the real homies. @c4xmaniac @Copper-Wilson and @FrogZeke

Special shout out to @LilPenpusher . I may not always agree with him but he put his massive balls on the table and said what needed to be said. Much respect.

As Thomas Jefferson once said “vigilance is the price of freedom”.

Also “evil triumphs when good men do nothing”.

Thankfully good men and women took a stand. I thank you all.

I will say it loud and proud DELTA PRIDE WORLD WIDE! Deltard for life. I dare to be stupid.

Now we can get down to proper business. Celebrating the life of and mourning the death of one of the greatest manga artists of all time. Rest in peace Akira Toriyama.

Very truly yours,

Dukeofcagliostro a/k/a Archibald Valerian Cartwright.

Stay amazing you mad lads.

8 Likes

You still can’t say “retards”, but yes, we won. Hopefully there will be other victories. (also, why did grimreaper literally close that thread, did he have a “sensory overload” like some devs or what?) (literally why can you say “retards” but not it’s singular?)

3 Likes

edgeworth-anime

5 Likes

It’s still kinda funny that one can unite this community by threatening to make saying “deltard” a bannable offense.

3 Likes

Apologies for double-post, but one thing just came to my mind: why can you literally call the deltard who buckshotted you in the back a deltard, but can’t call the pilot who landed at the wrong LZ a re tard?

2 Likes

Because clown world.

2 Likes

This community is an amazing thing.

3 Likes

You did good service and I thank you.

3 Likes

What’s about making a “newest change - retards”-thread, I want that removed as well.

2 Likes

I only have so much bourbon and it is a Sunday in the South. ABC store is closed.

2 Likes

If you solely focus on deltard then sure, but what about the fact that management (mostly frozen) is mocking the community and telling them to “leave if they don’t want to be here” or comparing x-word to deltard to “bypass” the filter. I would call this a very minor “victory” which should be used as a push to further keep management accountable and maybe force the neverplayers to retire and give up instead of pushing more of these stupid changes then backtracking not even a full 24 hours later.

9 Likes

Well we atleast got deltard back. Truly the rights of free speech cannot be denied to the masses.

3 Cheers for Duke Cagliostro! A man more literate and brave than I.

3 Likes

This. I said my piece very clearly on the original policy feedback thread - Management is entirely unaccountable, and none of their discourse is transparent (and thus also not understandable to us, since we are told NOTHING of their reasoning besides “we talked about it some”).

Combine this with individuals that straight up don’t play the game (or worse, are burnt out of the game and community and are just holding onto power) and you get VERY bad decisions made.

This isn’t even a recent thing either. I said this 2 years ago when I left Staff and I’m still saying it now. I’ve had Frozen blocked ever since lol.

7 Likes

Literally how to defeat a godmode greytider with unremovable all-access ID and instagib banhammer?

4 Likes

bruh what bout me

i need attention too

4 Likes

You were on the list of shout outs but it turns out the forum only allows for 10. I believe 20 people were on the list. I do sincerely appreciate your input.

1 Like

Very true.

1 Like

You are not wrong. This was a small victory but a victory all the same. I think it will be a long tough road but change is not impossible. Also, it fully exposed the contempt the Host has for the community he runs.

2 Likes

Man I WISH I was here for that, I would have let loose some truth bombs so big it would have taken down any ego.

3 Likes

@DukeofCagliostro Thanks for the Ping brother.
TO ALL THE HOMIES THAT HAD OUR BACK AND PITCHED IN. THANK YOU FOR VOICING YOUR 2 CENTS.
Also while I love Bourbon I was drinking Rum last night.

2 Likes