What ranking system would you prefer?

• SSGT (SL), SGT (FTL), CPL (SG, Spec), LCPL (Engi, Medic), Pfc (Marine)
  • SGT(SL), CPL (FTL), LCPL (SG, Spec, Engi, Medic), Pfc (Marine)
0 voters

So I made this poll because, I kind of think it’s dumb for SLs to be SGTs. In the past they were SSGT (along with MPs) and it worked quite well. Additionally, it made sense. Squads often hit 15-25+ even over the course of a match and SL isn’t always a filled role, either. It makes sense they have a stronger sense of responsibility.

The same goes for FTLs. I feel like Sgt for FTL would catch the eye more and provides a more senior level of responsibility deserving of their role.

So what do you prefer?
1: Something like the Adjusted
or
2: The Current

6 Likes

I miss the naval ranks alot, I feel like it was way better when every department head was LCDRs and such

2 Likes

Correct take.

6 Likes

For me i always think that instead of just having fancy medals we should be instead be given promotions so we can truly feel apart of the USCM because to me it makes no sense for a 4000+ PFC to not even be a Lance Corporal.

Im not saying the 4000+ hour pfc should be able to outrank a FTL or SL because of the simple reason of they are a rifleman. They chose to have their main job shooting. If i ever see a rifleman saying im doing something wrong as a coprman or a FTL or whatever i simply tell them to shut up since that is not their job.

It would just be nice to have some form of offical seniority rather than just rank.

1 Like

The way we do it is how rl marines are setup

I like the old way cause it felt unique, it felt cm

6 Likes

Another correct take.

1 Like

I believe that even though SSGT then SGT with separated MED,ENG and SPEC,SG would make more sense. It should not be done because when squads refer to SL they say Sarge and RP would suffer and concise communication would suffer if that “sarge” referred to FTL not SL. Noone is gonna say
“Hey Staff-sarge I was ERP’ing with the rest of bravo in the alpha dorm and missed briefing. Which of us is going to ignore Mortar requests today?”
It just is too much title to say.

2 Likes

Dude it’s one extra word.

1 Like

We had SSGT around for literally years in CM.

What are you smoking lol.

2 Likes

Also this, for like half of my time in the game we had SSGT, and everyone just called them SL or occasionally sarge (that or my memory is failing me), however I do think it’s a bit too late to go back on it now as even I call the SL sarge every other round

2 Likes

I dont have a solid opinion on this but heres a few things that should be taken into consideration

-We follow IRL USMC ranking

-Our squads arent as big as IRL USMC platoons (50 men) but are closer to a platoon, compared to a squad (15 men). platoons are led by a 2nd or 1st lieutenant with a staff sergeant as platoon sergeant and sergeants as SLs

-IRL theres a squad leader, assistant squad leader and fireteam leaders. last two ranked corporal

-IRL Platoons only have 2 to 3 corpsmen attached to them

-Platoon leaders arent being added

-We dont use spc rank but should IMO

-SGs and specs shouldnt be NCOs IMO

-I dont think it would make sense to use naval ranks for officers without using them for enlisted as well, like we used to do

-In alien lore Marine ranks are used

-Devs dont want multiple ranks for the same role but I think being able to pick your rank from 2 or 3 options depending on the role like in bay station could be fun idk

-its a game so idk

-uhhhh

Old Ranks better. Hybrid military with Hybrid ranks.

I wanna be a Captain of a Ship and it’s crew, not a Major of a Division.

It’ll never return, same as Private Medbay. Big :sadge:

2 Likes

I miss being SSGT as SL soooooo much, it’s not even funny

4 Likes

and you either say sarge or staff, staff-sarge is a mouthful sure, but that’s why no-one says it

2 Likes

having you show up to the ship in the all white dripped out CO uniform with the rank of Admiral would be baller af.

2 Likes

a navy cutlass would be awesome too

1 Like

He doesn’t know……

2 Likes

I really don’t think this matters nor will change anything anyone does with either version

Major Joe Biden of the USMC

2 Likes

God bless the USMC

1 Like