Yeet_king - Player Report: Bjorn Sveinsson, Rule 10: Lethal force, Rule 4: No Griefing?

Yeet_king - Player Report: Bjorn Sveinsson, Rule 10: Lethal force, Rule 4: No Griefing?

What’s your BYOND key?

Yeet_king

Round ID:

Your character name:

Valeria Todd

Accused BYOND key:

not sure

Accused character name:

Bjorn Sveinsson

What rule(s) were broken?:

Rule 10: Lethal force, Rule 4: No Griefing?

Description of the incident:

It was after the raid in CL office where all the PMCs were shot up. I was a nurse and just pulled any and all wounded to treat them. Then I find the professor almost going perma and I begin treating them. Then Bjorn Sveinsson arrives with another marine and both start hitting them while I try to save them. The marine walks off but Bjorn Sveinsson continues to hit the professor and not allowing me to treat them. I scream at them that it is a civi and tackle them to stop them but instead of helping me after I asked they pulled out a m39 and put a few bullets in the professor essentially finishing them off. Then they tell me that it was better that way. They killed a dying unarmed civilian that was in no way a threat to them while preventing me from treating them. I don’t know if that is simple very bad misuse of lethal force or straight up griefing.

Evidence:

I don’t know how to screenshot so this will be resolved based on the logs.

Hiya, I’m the guy accused of this ban(my beyond key is otiln). Anyways, sorry for not explaining it further after I was done shooting that guy. Here is the better understanding of the situation:

So, the rp was pretty simple. Me and that professor met at the research center when he and his mens(PMC’) came barching in with weapons demanding for the vile. While I was against of giving it to them, we had a pretty rough conversation. He and me were both enemies, it was pretty long but let me sums it up. I refused to give the vile to them so they basically used a lot methods to let me tell them where it was. It was not until the CO and Chief MP showed up and backed me up. In the conversation between us, me and that PMC basically said that in the end one of us will be left standing. It was basically a challenge on who was gonna get killed first. The situation was pretty rough as you could see. But it ended as the marine killing the PMC’s and me confronting him. I wasn’t gonna do anything first but then I saw you treating him. I was planning on leaving him behind but then I shot him to finish the job. To make the rp a bit more realistic or badass. At the end of the round, we both confronted each other and shaked it off.

It was pretty much that, I wanted to shoot the guy because we were challenged to do so in the rp. I mean we could’ve handcuffed the guy but I don’t know why. I thought shooting him was a good idea. Maybe it was at that time an idea of mine, a good badass way to end the rp between us(in my opinion).

2 Likes

Relevant logs posted. If you believe I have missed any information or have misconstrued something important for your case, please contact me on Discord.

Involved Parties
Bjorn Sveinsson | Accused | Otiln | Researcher
Valeria Todd | Reporting Player | Yeet_king | Nurse

Ancillery Involved Party
Hisakawa Strassman | WY Research Consultant

Background is that the Goons arrived to take a research chem, which the Researcher denied to grant them the chemical. It escalated to a gun fight between the Goons and Marines. Based on my log pull the Researcher was not directly involved in this fight.

Nurse arrives to render medical treatment to deceased personnel, the Researcher tells the Nurse to not revive the dead Consultant.
Nov 19, 2023 @ 23:25:01.392 19594 SAY SAY: Bjorn Sveinsson [1]: Dont revive this guy (CKEY: Otiln) (JOB: Researcher)
Researcher begins attacking the dead Consultant, before then shooting them with a SMG.
Nov 19, 2023 @ 23:25:08.335 19594 ATTACK ATTACK: Otiln/(Bjorn Sveinsson) shot no key/(Hisakawa Strassman) with a high-velocity submachinegun bullet in the �Corporate Liaison Office (159,137,3).
Nov 19, 2023 @ 23:25:16.663 19594 ATTACK ATTACK: Otiln/(Bjorn Sveinsson) punched no key/(Hisakawa Strassman) in the �Corporate Liaison Office (159,138,3). 9x Times
Nov 19, 2023 @ 23:25:54.269 19594 ATTACK ATTACK: Otiln/(Bjorn Sveinsson) shot Cool shrimp/(Hisakawa Strassman) with a high-velocity submachinegun bullet in the �Corporate Liaison Office (159,137,3). 6x Times
Nurse and Researcher exclaim their points to each other.
Nov 19, 2023 @ 23:25:08.786 19594 SAY SAY: Valeria Todd [1]: CIVI YOU FUCK (CKEY: Yeet_king) (JOB: Nurse)
Nov 19, 2023 @ 23:25:16.479 19594 SAY SAY: Valeria Todd [1]: HELP ME (CKEY: Yeet_king) (JOB: Nurse)
Nov 19, 2023 @ 23:25:52.210 19594 SAY SAY: Valeria Todd [1]: BLOOD (CKEY: Yeet_king) (JOB: Nurse)
Nov 19, 2023 @ 23:26:10.702 19594 SAY SAY: Bjorn Sveinsson [1]: What (CKEY: Otiln) (JOB: Researcher)
Nov 19, 2023 @ 23:26:15.136 19594 SAY SAY: Bjorn Sveinsson [1]: Gonna kill me? (CKEY: Otiln) (JOB: Researcher)
Nov 19, 2023 @ 23:26:15.285 19594 SAY SAY: Valeria Todd [1]: HE WAS A CIVI (CKEY: Yeet_king) (JOB: Nurse)
Nov 19, 2023 @ 23:26:22.261 19594 SAY SAY: Bjorn Sveinsson [1]: It was for the best (CKEY: Otiln) (JOB: Researcher)
Nov 19, 2023 @ 23:26:26.358 19594 SAY SAY: Bjorn Sveinsson [1]: He is gonna get replaced anyway (CKEY: Otiln) (JOB: Researcher)

That is it for relevant logs.

Unfortunately, the logs do not give me information to deduce if the deceased Consultant was rendered unrevivable due to the Researcher’s assault of their body. My long-time experience with this game’s medical system does make me believe that if the Researcher unloaded these attacks on the chest of the Consultant, it may have been sufficient to render them unrevivable assuming they had sustained significant chest damage prior, which is likely considering how they died. But, I can’t provide evidence to support this ergo this is a supposition.

Added report:needverdict and removed report:pendinglogs

He had high damage and was going perma and the damage dealt was the same as finishing him off since I would not have been able to treat it in time

Hello Swatter and all,
I had a great deal of trouble adjudicating over this case and sought some outside thoughts as well.

Under the fifth player report rule, you may not make a player report for another player if they were the victim of a rulebreak. However, because of your close proximity to the events, that clause is not necessarily as ‘spiritually relevant’, as you were very engaged in the situation. With that said, the fact that you were not the one being assailed is a consideration being made.

Ultimately, while this player does fire upon a body, potentially driving it to permadeath, that does not satisfy the conditions for Rule 10: Lethal Force. Other potential rulebreaks, Rule 2: Roleplay, Rule 3: Community Expectations (Don’t be a dick), and Rule 4: No Griefing, could all be considered within the scope of this player report, however, the player was acting under legitimate roleplay initiative. The roleplay of the party in question certainly could have been higher, but their behavior is not so outlandish as to warrant staff action. Furthermore, the two players did reconcile in deadchat, suggesting that the directly victimized party did not wish to seek out staff action.

Finally, the player’s actions against you may be considered a rulebreak under the same rules, because they prevented your own capacity to perform your role. However, once again, there was sufficient roleplay justification for the actions performed.

While this situation is nuanced, and I think there was certainly grounds for complaints and reports to be made, the actions taken by the accused player do not sufficiently meet any criteria for a rulebreak. This player report is denied.

1 Like

Added report:denied and removed report:needverdict